Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to a Twitter post by Palm, it looks like webOS DOES support Visual Voicemail, but it's unclear whether it will be included (or added) to the Pre.

Twitter / palm: @SonicJiveMike webOS sh ...

Click on the @person to view the original question to them.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    What I'm taking away from that is that WebOS supports it, but Sprint doesn't.
  3.    #3  
    That would be stupid considering the Instinct does VV.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I should amend my previous statement to say "... Sprint hasn't yet".
    The Pre needs VV. I love this feature on my instinct and it sucks I have to give it up but this phone also does so much more that I am okay with it and look forward to it becoming available in the near future...We all hope...
  6. faz
    Quote Originally Posted by latinmaxima View Post
    The Pre needs VV. I love this feature on my instinct and it sucks I have to give it up but this phone also does so much more that I am okay with it and look forward to it becoming available in the near future...We all hope...
    Trust me this feature will be available soon.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faz View Post
    Trust me this feature will be available soon.
    I surely hope it will be!
    If I had to choose between Spinvox's voicemail transcription, which is included on the Pre, and having to actually listen to voicemail, I choose the former. I despise voicemail, though, granted, VVM is more palatable standard VM.
    i'll go out on a limb and make a wild prediction - either VVM will be included at launch or they will add it later. anyone want to bet?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Id still be happy without it, its not an option ill have to DIE for.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    What I'm taking away from that is that WebOS supports it, but Sprint doesn't.
    No, the Samsung Instinct for Sprint has Visual Voicemail. I love it!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'll go out on a limb and make a wild prediction - either VVM will be included at launch or they will add it later. anyone want to bet?
    I won't bet because I happen to agree with you.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    No, the Samsung Instinct for Sprint has Visual Voicemail. I love it!
    Yeah- I amended that statement. I mistyped.
    Doesn't Sprint or Palm need to pay a license fee for Visual Voicemail to a company that created it. I know a lot of companies got sued for it a year or so ago. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    If I had to choose between Spinvox's voicemail transcription, which is included on the Pre, and having to actually listen to voicemail, I choose the former. I despise voicemail, though, granted, VVM is more palatable standard VM.
    offer to create Visual Voicemail for the Palm Pre Third Party Developer PhoneFusion Offers To Create Visual Voicemail for Palm Pre

but I would prefer to not have to listen to voicemail as well.
    Yup. I can live without it but it will be nice to have down the road.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by LuluBee View Post
    offer to create Visual Voicemail for the Palm Pre Third Party Developer PhoneFusion Offers To Create Visual Voicemail for Palm Pre

but I would prefer to not have to listen to voicemail as well.
    I was talking about transcribed voicemail as a superior alternative to regular and Visual Voice Mail. Instead of having to listen to someone ramble on for over a minute, you can read the text version in a few seconds. VVM does save you the trouble of having to listen to messages sequentially, not to mention the voice prompts, but you still have to put in the time to listen to your selected messages.

Unfortunately SpinVox's voicemail is $9.99 a month (though voice memo transcription is free), and it still requires call forwarding, so there's no inherent advantage over competing services like CallWave, YouMail or PhoneTag.
    I have a google voice account, but I rarely use it. I wonder if I'll be able to use it's voicemail service instead of sprints to have the transcription service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    I was talking about transcribed voicemail as a superior alternative to regular and Visual Voice Mail. Instead of having to listen to someone ramble on for over a minute, you can read the text version in a few seconds. VVM does save you the trouble of having to listen to messages sequentially, not to mention the voice prompts, but you still have to put in the time to listen to your selected messages.

Unfortunately SpinVox's voicemail is $9.99 a month (though voice memo transcription is free), and it still requires call forwarding, so there's no inherent advantage over competing services like CallWave, YouMail or PhoneTag.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    I have a google voice account, but I rarely use it. I wonder if I'll be able to use it's voicemail service instead of sprints to have the transcription service.
    The problem is Sprint charges you $.20 per call forward, including no answer/busy call forwarding... it puts a crimp both SpinVox and Google Voice.

You could use your Google Voice's number as your "one number" and use its voicemail that way. However your fellow Sprint callers would use their plan minutes when calling you at certain times if they are not on a unlimited calling plan.
    You're on the right track. I think that Palm/Sprint will make a deal with Google to provide Google Voice service free/built-in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast