Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    The problem is Sprint charges you $.20 per call forward, including no answer/busy call forwarding... it puts a crimp both SpinVox and Google Voice.
    Exactly. With all of the voice-to-text services that have gone public in the last year, you'd think that at least one carrier would offer the service natively, even as a paid add-on.
    This will be solved within the year if not at launch. To much of a differentiator to leave out when the technology exists. Maybe we'll have to pay for it. Can't be worth that much to license.

I hate listening in order. I need that service to avoid some annoying callers until I feel like dealing with them.
    There is no crimp in Google voice and having to pay for forwarding. If you use Google's voicemail, with free transcription, either a new email with the text arrives or you can have a text message forwarded whenever a new message from Google Voice arrives. I have used this with my Treo 755 since Grandcentral was re-launched as Google Voice a couple of months ago.

I prefer the advantages of having Google Voice over having my voicemessages on my Sprint Phone.

The bigger issue is that Google Voice is still in Beta and not available to everyone just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    There is no crimp in Google voice and having to pay for forwarding. If you use Google's voicemail, with free transcription, either a new email with the text arrives or you can have a text message forwarded whenever a new message from Google Voice arrives. I have used this with my Treo 755 since Grandcentral was re-launched as Google Voice a couple of months ago.

I prefer the advantages of having Google Voice over having my voicemessages on my Sprint Phone.

The bigger issue is that Google Voice is still in Beta and not available to everyone just yet.
    So in your case you are using your Google Voice Number as your main number for all callers? If so, you are correct. It does not cost you. The only downside I see is, as I stated earlier, if another Sprint person calls you on your GV number, it could possibly cost them minutes off their plan. If they called your cell directly it would be a free call.

I am thinking about doing anyway. :0

I also thought about setting GV to "do not disturb" and therefore have all calls go straight to GV voicemail. Then I would have Sprint setup busy/no answer call forwarding to GV.... thats where the $.20 per charge came into play.
    this is what Roger McNamee said during D7 just a few moments ago:

"As a generalization everything youíre used to in an iPhone will be in the Pre as well. And if itís not there initially it will be there soon."
    McNamee has a proven tendency to exaggerate.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I would definitly pay for an app that integrates VV just like it is on the Instinct. That is one of the few (Only) reason I'll miss my instinct.

I hate voicemail, and noone I know will leave me voicemail, but sometimes people I dont know will leave it, and I'd hate to have to call in to get it.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    One of the random hands-on a couple weeks ago on another forum did say that the phone had VV but it was not enabled. It seems to me that Sprint/Palm had every intention to release this phone with that feature but for one reason or another left it out. If that is the case, it will likely be something that is added soon. They really cannot afford to have a major convenience feature like this left out when the new iPhones are coming.
    I still like VV better than voice to text cause If I need to I can save or lock certain voicemail and select them from a list. With Text I have to scrollthrough and read. I can let a voicemail play over bluetooth or on speaker as I do other things like cook or drive or deal with my kids. I will take VV over google voice anyday. Forget paying $0.20 for call forwarding. your mad!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    One of the random hands-on a couple weeks ago on another forum did say that the phone had VV but it was not enabled. It seems to me that Sprint/Palm had every intention to release this phone with that feature but for one reason or another left it out. If that is the case, it will likely be something that is added soon. They really cannot afford to have a major convenience feature like this left out when the new iPhones are coming.
    It may be they are waiting on Sprint to but the needed transcription service in place before turning it on, instead of later adding it as an option.

For all we know, it could get switched on in a a couple weeks. I'll use google voice for now and if I get a better solution from sprint later, great. I can just configure google voice to pass the number through without VM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12