1.    #1  
    If you really want to get your hands on the Palm Pre on June 6th, I've made a guide which should help you prepare for this: Are you Pre-pared for the Palm Pre launch?. I hope it helps!
    Should be helpful for those who aren't up to snuff with all the latest info. Thanks!
    Maybe should also add options on how to deal with existing data. Like if you are planning on using one way desktop sync or port contacts to Google ahead of time.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Should be helpful for those who aren't up to snuff with all the latest info. Thanks!
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Maybe should also add options on how to deal with existing data. Like if you are planning on using one way desktop sync or port contacts to Google ahead of time.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Once I get my Palm Pre and play around with it I'll be adding an article focused on topics like that.
    What about space heaters and camping supplies?

Might want to add a few steps to that list .
    i say you also better think about your data and sync options before D-Day too.
    yeah... definately music. I have itunes and I'm not sure how easy it'll be to move music into my Pre. Everyone has said it is a "drag and drop" and I have itunes organize my music folder which means... i have to go through each artist and album subfolder for each song that I want. LAME!

So... I have already creating a new PRE music folder so I can drag and drop from. I have about 4000 songs so I thought I might as well get started a little early.
    i was thinking the thread was for suggestions on what to bring if you decide to camp. I kno that im bringing my mp3 player. but thats all i have in mind. anyone with some suggestions for me? i get off of work at 5pm on friday and i was planning to just drive around the sprint store till midnight to see if anyone will be there, hopefully not. Then like at one-ish i plan to start the line. So what should i bring?
    Quote Originally Posted by SooHeartleSSss View Post
    i was thinking the thread was for suggestions on what to bring if you decide to camp. I kno that im bringing my mp3 player. but thats all i have in mind. anyone with some suggestions for me? i get off of work at 5pm on friday and i was planning to just drive around the sprint store till midnight to see if anyone will be there, hopefully not. Then like at one-ish i plan to start the line. So what should i bring?
    Patience, food, caffeine.

A water bottle to handle the bathroom issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    If you really want to get your hands on the Palm Pre on June 6th, I've made a guide which should help you prepare for this: Are you Pre-pared for the Palm Pre launch?. I hope it helps!
    Wow, thanks for taking the time out of your day to create yet another thread over the same topic.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 05/27/2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Warning: No need for insults
    I'm thinking about driving to a store further away from my house. I live in a pretty bad neighborhood, but I don't want to be left empty handed. So driving further and camping out is my only option. I'm bringing the late night info-mercial trifecta - A snuggy, my george forman grill (for protection), and a sham-wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    yeah... definately music. I have itunes and I'm not sure how easy it'll be to move music into my Pre. Everyone has said it is a "drag and drop" and I have itunes organize my music folder which means... i have to go through each artist and album subfolder for each song that I want. LAME!

So... I have already creating a new PRE music folder so I can drag and drop from. I have about 4000 songs so I thought I might as well get started a little early.
    Make it easy on yourself. Get a free program like iTunes Agent or iTunes Sync that lets you easily transfer a playlist to any mp3 player that shows up as a drive (like the Pre).
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Make it easy on yourself. Get a free program like iTunes Agent or iTunes Sync that lets you easily transfer a playlist to any mp3 player that shows up as a drive (like the Pre).
    doooode!! You just save me a heckava lot of time! Thanks!!! and it wouldn't have been possible without this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post

Why do you have to go through folders in the first place? You can drag and drop from iTunes itself.

But yeah, there are tons of syncing to mass storage programs like iTunes Agent.
    Ok so I am now currently on my parents plan add-a-line for $10, but I am now gonna go on my own and try and get the everything data for $69 when the pre is released. It's only been 15 months into my contract. If I want to keep my same number would I have to renew that same contract and use the $75 rebate instead of the full $150 or can I get a new contract entirely and still keep my same #?????? I need help before this darn thing is released!