1.    #1  
    I've been reading the forums for a while, and just decided to join. I've noticed that many people are Premier customers with Sprint, but it seems almost no one has recieved an invite to a "launch party". Whenever I recieved my Premier customer welcome package, it was clearly stated that as a premier customer, we would have early access to new phones, such as the Pre. After going to my local sprint store, to find out if they were having a launch party (which they aren't) I had to question, is there a real advantage to being a "Premier Customer" or is it a bunch of marketing BS to make us feel special for putting up with Sprints customer service for so long, or giving them alot more money than we should for subpar service?
    Quote Originally Posted by predominate1 View Post
    ...is there a real advantage to being a "Premier Customer" or is it a bunch of marketing BS to make us feel special for putting up with Sprints customer service for so long, or giving them alot more money than we should for subpar service?
    Loaded questions, much?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by predominate1 View Post
    I've been reading the forums for a while, and just decided to join. I've noticed that many people are Premier customers with Sprint, but it seems almost no one has recieved an invite to a "launch party". Whenever I recieved my Premier customer welcome package, it was clearly stated that as a premier customer, we would have early access to new phones, such as the Pre. After going to my local sprint store, to find out if they were having a launch party (which they aren't) I had to question, is there a real advantage to being a "Premier Customer" or is it a bunch of marketing BS to make us feel special for putting up with Sprints customer service for so long, or giving them alot more money than we should for subpar service?
    predominate welcome! As premier customers we are eligible to receive an upgrade for the full price of $150 off after 12 months instead of 22 months. We also can receive 25% off on accessories.

here is a link with a bit more info on being a Premier Sprint Premier
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Well, we can upgrade a year early instead of waitin 2 years to get a full discount
    I am going to buy myself a shiny new pickle with my Premier perks..... On June 6th though, not 5th....
    ETUTREO300
  6.    #6  
    I understand the "perks" of the accessories and the phone upgrade, but lets be honest, if you've been with Sprint, you know all you do is call retentions to get an upgrade pretty much whenever you want. As far as accessories, I'm not a huge accessory person. In reality, they are doing what they can to pull more money from us. If one of the things they tell people is that by being a member of this group, you get access to phones before normal customers...they should just follow through with it.
    I think its a little much to say you can call and get an upgrade whenever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    Well, we can upgrade a year early instead of waitin 2 years to get a full discount
    And this is a major one for me. As a Premier customer, I'm eligable for an upgrade discount on 6/1/09. Without this Premier status, I'd be stuck waiting a whole entire year before I could afford the Pre. So, that right there is enough to make me smile.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    And this is a major one for me. As a Premier customer, I'm eligable for an upgrade discount on 6/1/09. Without this Premier status, I'd be stuck waiting a whole entire year before I could afford the Pre. So, that right there is enough to make me smile.
    I think I can somewhat confirm this, im in the contract for about 17 months now, and I'm a premier customer, I chatted with sprint robot this morning, and it told me I will be able to get pre for $199 on launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think I can somewhat confirm this, im in the contract for about 17 months now, and I'm a premier customer, I chatted with sprint robot this morning, and it told me I will be able to get pre for $199 on launch.
    nice
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Well below was directly copied from the Sprint Site. Maybe we as Premier Customers should take them to task on it, hey it is their wording.

"First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available."

This could be construed as false advertising. Heck, they even state the Palm Pre. If enough Premier Customers raise cane, you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    Well below was directly copied from the Sprint Site. Maybe we as Premier Customers should take them to task on it, hey it is their wording.

"First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available."

This could be construed as false advertising. Heck, they even state the Palm Pre. If enough Premier Customers raise cane, you never know.
    Well... not really. They didn't say each and every sprint premier customer get these perks.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post

I did.

I sent an e-mail to one of the VPs. He was kind enough to respond to my e-mail, very very quickly, and shipped me along to a . I did a screen shot of the news release from the quote above. I asked them point blank what the situation was. Of course I have nothing in writing (first rule of business never put in writing what might come back to haunt you), but when I spoke to the person on the telephone they told me there would be a situation similar to the release of the Instinct (i.e., bring in the e-mail get it the day before). For now I'm going to take them at their word and hope all the rumors on the Internet are just noise.

They also told me they would call me back closer to release date and confirm with me. We are ten days out and I'm not holding my breath. I figure I'll start hollering at them sometime next week.

I really want Sprint to succeed, but they better not be messing with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    Well... not really. They didn't say each and every sprint premier customer get these perks.
    Very astute observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    +1
    I never received a package either or email. I am listed as a Premier Customer also, with 10 years & $200 a month for the last few years. A few months ago I raised hell because my anniversary date & they responded fast & were willing to help. I guess I just have to call again...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    predominate welcome! As premier customers we are eligible to receive an upgrade for the full price of $150 off after 12 months instead of 22 months. We also can receive 25% off on accessories.
    It's interesting you mention the accessories bit, because on my "Benefits for Sprint Premiere Customers" it doesn't mention anything about accessories. If this is true, then I just found where I'm getting the Touchstone charger.

**Edit**
    Just talked to a CSR, the accessory discount is only valid in store.
    Last edited by iharley; 05/26/2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Extra information
    Sprint say on their Premier site: "be among the first...", which is a bit vague. Gives them some legal wiggle room.