Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Look at bottom of the auction in the description.

Product Information
    Phone Brand: Palm
    Phone Model: Palm Pre
    Service Compatibility: Sprint CDMA
    Band: 4G EVDO Rev A

Palm Pre PDA (Sprint) - eBay (item 320376365678 end time Jun-02-09 10:34:23 PDT)
    I may be wrong...

4G would be WiMax.
    EVDO Rev A is regular 3G
    Follow Me On

Hmmm... Could it be? or it's most likely a procedural error lol
    Whats funny about this auction is that the buyer copied the specs right off of my site! If you click the green "Technology" link in the description it will take you to my website.
    Riiigghht.... And Ebay auctions are known for factual accuracy, you know, to make sure they sell you the right product..
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    He says he works for Sprint. I wonder how Sprint feels about one of their employees buying a Pre only to resell it on Ebay for a profit.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Whats funny about this auction is that the buyer copied the specs right off of my site! If you click the green "Technology" link in the description it will take you to my website.
    You should rename that JPG so it disappears off his EBay listing.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You should rename that JPG so it disappears off his EBay listing.
    He's not copying and pasting the images from my site so I don't need to rename them.
    It says 3G EVDO Rev A near the top part of the listing. Probably just an error on the bottom part.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    The eBay prices on some presale Pres are ridiculous. I saw one with a $600+ bid. You might as well as go and buy one off contract for that price.
    No way the Pre is going to be 4G.
    4G is really just wishful thinking at this point. Short of a miracle, there's essentially 0% chance it will have 4G considering it's already been sent to the FCC and scrutinized.
    I was told by one of the technical support reps at a S. Florida store last week that the Pre would be 4G capable which was in fact WIMAX. She said that the first city where it will be deployed would be (and I may have heard this wrong) was Baltimore.

There was no rollout schedule but she said something about early next year for additional cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I was told by one of the technical support reps at a S. Florida store last week that the Pre would be 4G capable which was in fact WIMAX. She said that the first city where it will be deployed would be (and I may have heard this wrong) was Baltimore.

There was no rollout schedule but she said something about early next year for additional cities.
    Yeah, we have had it since this past winter. I beta tested the service for them and it's pretty cool if you are on the road a lot with a laptop. It's in a few other places but not all of them are official because the coverage isn't good enough to advertise it yet.