Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    NEW PALM PRE cell phone -FREE w/ 2yr SPRINT CONTRACT!!!

Here's another crazy EBay ad:

New Customers only!

NEW PALM PRE cell phone -FREE w/ 2yr SPRINT CONTRACT!!! - eBay (item 160337734367 end time Jun-24-09 13:09:58 PDT)
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

to bad I'm an existing customer
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    to bad I'm an existing customer
    HAHA you beat me to it!
    Yep. This is what I've been talking about. I know quite a few people who got phones this way. I assume they get some kind of bulk discount and then make money from the contracts they sell.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I wonder how legit his company is. Just e-mailed him to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Yea because that will prove EVERYTHING!

You: "Hey are you a legit company?"
    Him: "Yes."
    You: "COOL!!!"
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    His feedback doesn't look too bad. I think neodorian had it right when he said:

Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Yep. This is what I've been talking about. I know quite a few people who got phones this way. I assume they get some kind of bulk discount and then make money from the contracts they sell.

Why is it free if you have to pay $20?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Why is it free if you have to pay $20?
    That's shipping.

regular price $599
    He says he's getting the phone june 8th, but from what ive read... only primary dealers will get phone at launch. So dont know how long we will have to wait for phone!
    I call BS
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I got a phone free from a Sprint E-Bay reseller. Worked fine. I don't think this guy will get them right away, however.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hmmm new customer = credit check, which = my social security number. Sounds fishy to me!!
    Read the Q & A:

Q. When will I receive my new phone?

A. Once you apply and are approved for the wireless plan via the link we will send you, your phone is shipped within 24 hours via Fed Ex 2-day delivery. Unless the phone is not released or is not in stock then you will be prompted as to what we will do.
    (my emphasis added). Left himself a pretty big "out" there...
    Who cares this is not the best deal avaliable... you save $180 ($20 shipping) and unknown if you will be able to qualify to be a premiere customer and assumning you purchase the Everything Data plan for $69.99/mo.

Everything Plus plan will save you $240 over the course of the contract (59.99/mo) but is only avaliable online through Sprint and I am assuming not avaliable with this guy's deal.

Furthermore, I'm guessing you are more likely to get Pre through Sprint.com sent on June 6th vs this unknown ebay seller.
    Q. Must I sign up for a wireless plan contract in order to purchase this phone?

A. Yes, you must sign up for a 2 year wireless plan through us in order to take advantage of this special offer.
    The seller of this auction receives a certain amount of commission from Sprint once you sign up for a two-year contract through his link.
    Some of these Ebay sellers are legit but some are just a scam. I purchased quite a few "free" phones from Ebay but it was just one particular seller. In the case of the Palm Pre I would have my doubts that this guy will ship on launch day.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    In the case of the Palm Pre I would have my doubts that this guy will ship on launch day.
    He won't ship it on launch day because he mentioned this in his description:
    This auction is for PRE SALE of the new Palm Pre. Sprint will be shipping it to me on June 6th. I will not have it until Monday June 8th. As soon as I receive the phone I will ship it out for next day delivery.
    < 95% Positive Feedback on eBay is pretty low...
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast