Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    So ive contacted Sprint and a few sprint stores and since I upgraded my phone 14 months ago they are claiming that it will cost me 375$ for a pre after the mail in rebate.
    they say I get 75$ off the 549.99 retail price followed by a 100$ mail in rebate.
    total cost=$375!!!!!!(550-175)
    Is this correct?
    they say the current 299$ price is for new sprint customers only.
    yes, johnny, $199 is only for new customers or those who are within their special upgrade window. $375 ain't bad given that you just upgraded 14 months ago.
    That is correct.

Unless you are a Premier Customer, you only get 75 bucks off and that's it after one year of a new phone.

If you have completed your 2 years (22 months actually), you are entitled to NEW customer pricing (i.e. 150 off, instant 100, plus 100 mail in rebates = 199)
    To qualify for the $299 price and be eligible for the full $150 price you have to wait 22 months if you are not a Preemee. If you are a Preemee you get the full upgrade price ($150 off) every 12 months and $75 every 6 months... Are you a PReemee?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    That is correct.

Unless you are a Premier Customer, you only get 75 bucks off and that's it after one year of a new phone.

If you have completed your 2 years (22 months actually), you are entitled to NEW customer pricing (i.e. 150 off, instant 100, plus 100 mail in rebates = 199)
    That's why I am hoping I can get my wife's July 1st upgrade date (for the 2 yr) moved up so we can both get one day 1.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    there are 3 premiere tiers with I being the highest and III the lowest.....I am Tier III.....so any thoughts on what that will do for pricing?
    You might want to edit the thread's title as it's quite misleading (as you just learned, you don't need to be a new customer to get the full discount).
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    How do you know what Premier Tier you are in?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    just called and got transferred to a bazzilion departments.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    We still get the MIR? That's fantastic! I thought we didn't get that either, and it would be $475.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    My girlfriend's will be $199 as she is a new customer and I am upping my plan to a shared plan for her. Mine will probably be closer to $375 as I am not eligible for the full subsidy until October. Still, considering they recently upgraded my faulty Mogul to a Touch Pro for only $50, I consider myself lucky to get a $550 phone for $375.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=zsd9;1617866]just called and got transferred to a bazzilion departments.[/QUOTE

When you sign on the sprint website does it tell you your "premier" options?
    Quote Originally Posted by zsd9 View Post
    just called and got transferred to a bazzilion departments.
    So, being a level III, do I take it that you did not get an invite to the Pre pre-party on June 5th?.
    You'll know you are eligible for the $199 pricing if you log into your sprint account and it shows you are eligible for $150 off an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    yes, johnny, $199 is only for new customers or those who are within their special upgrade window. $375 ain't bad given that you just upgraded 14 months ago.
    The only thing about this is he would have to pay $475 up front, unless you go to Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza View Post
    So, being a level III, do I take it that you did not get an invite to the Pre pre-party on June 5th?.
    i'm level one, but have yet to experience any benefits or entitlements. people on the street don't even act impressed when i tell them i'm a level one premier sprint customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by whaddupdoe View Post
    The only thing about this is he would have to pay $475 up front, unless you go to Best Buy.

...which I plan to do for just that reason. I wonder if my girlfriend needs to be present to have her phone # ported over from Verizon. I'll be out of town but I could bring her phone with me and take care of it all over the weekend if I can find a Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    How do you know what Premier Tier you are in?
    log in to your account, and then click printable version, or something like that, on your bill. it's at the top.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    But I also live in CA (and while I haven't confirmed this next part...) but it was said in that Best Buy thread, that we tax on the $875 price. So it's either pay an extra $70 or so dollars, or pay an $100 and get it returned to me later on at a store that will likely have more Pres available, and perhaps open earlier. (And I gotta check... maybe even go to one on the 5th unless all of those were canceled? I'm still confused as to that situation.)
    Last edited by Gerorne; 05/26/2009 at 03:29 PM.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Current Sprint customers still covered by the contract = $375
    Current Sprint customers without contract and new customers = $199
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast