1.    #1  
    Old news. It's been widely reported that Sprint is removing the special hours from their store locator. I can personally vouch that in my case, of the half-dozen or so Sprint stores in my area, ALL had special hours listed earlier but currently not a single one is listed as having one.
  3.    #3  
    Interesting... so how do we find who has it then?
    Hmmm... you can't right now, that would be the whole point. You've got to wait until an announcement is made about local inventory (which I doubt Sprint would make such announcement) and/or do like we're all doing and call up/visit your local Sprint store the week before launch.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    . I can personally vouch that in my case, of the half-dozen or so Sprint stores in my area, ALL had special hours listed earlier but currently not a single one is listed as having one.
    same here, and the ones I went to, they also had the print out on the door.

But when I just recently looked within a 50 mile radius, nothing.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    according to what was reported to BGR, it doesn't look like many stores are still going to do the pre-lease party.

Sprint stores no longer offering Palm Pres one night early? : Boy Genius Report
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Old news. It's been widely reported that Sprint is removing the special hours from their store locator. I can personally vouch that in my case, of the half-dozen or so Sprint stores in my area, ALL had special hours listed earlier but currently not a single one is listed as having one.
    I just looked on the Sprint site. I live in a major metropolitan area, and of all the stores listed there is one that says special hours:

4) Sprint Store SPECIAL STORE HOURS ON JUNE 5

Pembroke Crossing
    12206 Pines Blvd
    Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
    (954) 704-3800
    This is a ReadyNow store

and this is the note:

SPECIAL STORE HOURS ON JUNE 5

We will close early at 4 p.m. on June 5. We’ll resume normal hours on June 6 to begin selling the Palm© Pre™.
    If you need immediate assistance:

This CANNOT be the only store in my area selling Pres, as there are 1.7 million people in the county of this store alone (Broward County).

There are 24 Sprint Locations within a 30 mile radius.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcydon View Post
    I just looked on the Sprint site. I live in a major metropolitan area, and of all the stores listed there is one that says special hours:

4) Sprint Store SPECIAL STORE HOURS ON JUNE 5

Pembroke Crossing
    12206 Pines Blvd
    Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
    (954) 704-3800
    This is a ReadyNow store

and this is the note:

SPECIAL STORE HOURS ON JUNE 5

We will close early at 4 p.m. on June 5. We’ll resume normal hours on June 6 to begin selling the Palm© Pre™.
    If you need immediate assistance:

This CANNOT be the only store in my area selling Pres, as there are 1.7 million people in the county of this store alone (Broward County).

There are 24 Sprint Locations within a 30 mile radius.
    I too live in broward and found out the reason why it has special hours is bc the sprint store on Pines is where one of the launch parties is out of 10.
    In Boston, not a single store is listed as having special hours, even though last week they did. I'd think Boston is large enough to have the Pre in at least a couple stores.
    you have to be very careful with this, a lot of stores are pulling their "Special Opening/Hours" day. I am 100% positive about this.. So call before you set your journey to get it early.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I just looked in South San Francisco, Penninsula and East Bay Area and found zero stores with extended hours notes. I think the stores are just pulling them off. Even the Palo Alto stores near the Palm offices are not posting special hours.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Just wait for your emails people.... just wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Just wait for your emails people.... just wait.
    Darth do you know something we don't? cmon pooh out with it... I'll lure you with some honey lol
    Really, the truth is... we are either going to get emails for pre-registering OR we won't. And if we don't, it's only 24 more hours... we've waited this freaking long, an extra day will not be an issue, I promise.

Now, I personally feel, that this is just damage control from Sprint... I do not have inside information. But, I think the canned response is supposed to be "Launch parties only" but they will send out those email's still. A hunch is all I have.
    They don't want people lining up on the 5th. If anyone is getting the phone then it will be that pre registered on the forums just like the Instinct. They don't want it to be general knowledge because it will be a cattle call a day earlier. The whole point of doing the 5th pre sale to some people is to thin the lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    I just looked in South San Francisco, Penninsula and East Bay Area and found zero stores with extended hours notes. I think the stores are just pulling them off. Even the Palo Alto stores near the Palm offices are not posting special hours.
    The Palo Alto store is one of the 10 stores having a Pre Launch on Thursday. I've confirmed this with the manager.