Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Has anyone seen whether there will be any games at all included with the Pre? I'm thinking anything from a gesture-training game to Solitaire to something fancier like Bejeweled Twist or other commercial games. I know when I got my first Palm IIIx it had a game to teach you the Graffiti strokes, which really helped me get used to writing that way.
    Not at ALL unimportant...

I have a feeling there will be several games (some trial and some even free) in the App Store upon launch.

This way, you choose what you have loaded and not a bloated ROM (after Sprint's bloat of course).
    Can't wait for flash. Then we can have tons of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Can't wait for flash. Then we can have tons of games.
    +1

From what they said, it will be a full flash, not just a mobile/lite version. So you can play existing Flash games online!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    +1

From what they said, it will be a full flash, not just a mobile/lite version. So you can play existing Flash games online!
    I don't even mean that. If the phone has a native .swf player, people can easily port any of the thousands of existing flash games over to the Pre with only a few interface tweaks. Why play in browser if the phone natively can handle flash? Truly a Web-OS.
    For the silly games that we play online but dont want wasting space in our RAM.

Either way, Flash is a BIG win for webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    For the silly games that we play online but dont want wasting space in our RAM.

Either way, Flash is a BIG win for webOS!
    I may need to be corrected but when you load a flash app, isn't it still loaded into RAM? It's not like it's running on a remote server and just showing you a feed. The .swf is loaded into your RAM and run locally, hence the load time.

It would save on storage I guess since it is loaded and then cleared after playing and that would be helpful if people really want to load up lots of media and apps on 7gb of flash memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthe View Post
    Has anyone seen whether there will be any games at all included with the Pre? I'm thinking anything from a gesture-training game to Solitaire to something fancier like Bejeweled Twist or other commercial games. I know when I got my first Palm IIIx it had a game to teach you the Graffiti strokes, which really helped me get used to writing that way.
    I hope it doesn't come with any games. I want it as clean as possible. That way I can control what gets put on it.
    This IS important. and better yet, I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's been asked in this forum (at least as a sperate thread)

In all of the various videos, I have not seen any games (Classic app not included)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    MMMmmm... SNES Emu that actually works well... Possibly even PSX!
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Havnt we seen a chess game preloaded? I seem to recall that from one hands on thread or another...
    Synthe this is actually VERy important and I'm glad you made this thread! I hope they at least include sudoku or bejeweled.
    Well in the basic demo of the app store, a few games were present. The only one I can think of now is Chess, but it looks like there will be at least a few games from the get go.
    Very important. Yeah, like those pre-loaded games that the miserable failure they call the iPhone came with...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Here's my plan:
    1. Get CLASSIC, the Palm OS emulator for WebOS
    2. Upload the games that I already bought (Warfare Inc., Village Sim, etc) into the emulator and play them there
    If it don't come with Crysis, I ain't buyin'.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)