1.    #1  
    So we have two Treos on a family plan with 550 minutes. We almost never go past the 550 minutes. It already has 'unlimited' data and messaging on both phones. My contract is up.

If I upgrade just one Treo to Pre, am I forced to go to an 'everything' family plan account? Or if I pay full retail price for the Pre, can I stick with my existing plan?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  2.    #2  
    Also, there was some indication that 10+ year Sprint customers may be qualified to pre-order a Pre before June 6th. Is this still the case?
    Everything plan
  4.    #4  
    ^Thanks for the comprehensive explanation. I'm aware of that. If you pay full retail price, do you have to go with it?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    ^Thanks for the comprehensive explanation. I'm aware of that. If you pay full retail price, do you have to go with it?
    With as many posts as you have, you think you'd use the search function. This has been asked and answered about fifty times.

Here's your answer....
    NO, you can't keep your plan. YES, you have to upgrade to a an Everything plan. It doesn't matter if you buy the phone outright, you wouldn't have a compatible plan. Any questions?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    With as many posts as you have, you think you'd use the search function. This has been asked and answered about fifty times.

Here's your answer....
    Any questions?

yeah.... Who is your daddy? and what does he do?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    yeah.... Who is your daddy? and what does he do?
    My father is John and he's a Certified Safety Engineer. Any more questions?
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for shouting. I did do a search and didn't see an answer if paying full price, you can avoid the Everything plan. A simple no would suffice to that specific question.

It would appear paying full price only avoids a contract, not the type of plan.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Thanks for shouting. I did do a search and didn't see an answer if paying full price, you can avoid the Everything plan. A simple no would suffice to that specific question.

It would appear paying full price only avoids a contract, not the type of plan.
    I wanted to make sure my answer stood out. Yes, you are correct. Full price avoids the two-year, but you're still in an incompatible plan and would need to change.

Your choice is stay with your plan or upgrade plans to get the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Everything DATA plan

I asked if I could pay some amount for data on 1 line of 3 in my Everything MESSAGING Share plan. Nope. My wife and kids do not necessarily need data.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post

I asked if I could pay some amount for data on 1 line of 3 in my Everything MESSAGING Share plan. Nope. My wife and kids do not necessarily need data.
    I asked sprint about this just the other day. I currently have a shared minutes family plan. I have data added to my Treo while my wife has a regular run of the mill crap free phone. I asked sprint about this, since my wife has no need for a everything data plan. The only way around it is to put me on my own plan with everything data, and put her on her own plan. Neither of us use a ton of minutes, but I use data and texting quite a bit. So, I think I might have to just put her on a Sprint Basic plan and add texting for $5. It was my understanding that they would stay on the same account too, just be listed as different plans.

What I'm wondering is if that is the way I should go, or would a pay as you go phone/plan be more economical for her phone?
    I moved from the 550 family plan to the $69.99 everything 450 plan which still gets me the Pre for $199. Sprint told me I had to move to an everything plan to get the price.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/26/2009 at 02:49 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    What I was thinking of was putting my wife on the $50.00 Unlimited Everything Boost Mobile plan and then me on the Everything plan. The Boost Mobile/Sprint users can talk to each other for free so that would allow family calling with no deduction of minutes. Of course you would need to use the Boost phone but they are not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    I asked sprint about this just the other day. I currently have a shared minutes family plan. I have data added to my Treo while my wife has a regular run of the mill crap free phone. I asked sprint about this, since my wife has no need for a everything data plan. The only way around it is to put me on my own plan with everything data, and put her on her own plan. Neither of us use a ton of minutes, but I use data and texting quite a bit. So, I think I might have to just put her on a Sprint Basic plan and add texting for $5. It was my understanding that they would stay on the same account too, just be listed as different plans.

What I'm wondering is if that is the way I should go, or would a pay as you go phone/plan be more economical for her phone?
    Well, I have 3 lines now and getting ready to add a 4th - and the other 3 certainly need messaging. I have looked at splitting off my family from me, but really the shared plans some out cheaper in the long run - they will just have to learn live with data