1.    #1  
    So, we all know that my Google calendar can be one color, my Outlook calendar can be another color, etc. What if I do not care about syncing, for example:

Can you guys tell from the videos whether or not I could have something like mulitple calendars with different colors WITHIN the Pre? So, I have my work calendar in red, but only on the Pre (no Outlook syncing), my church calendar in yellow, but only on the Pre, and my personal calendar in green, but only on the Pre??
    Dunno, but if not you could always make a dummy google account and then just never check it.
    If I understand your question correctly, yes you can have multiple local calendars and pic whatever color you want. If you want the colors to sync just match them up but from the looks of this video ( ) you can have a different color on the Pre compared to Google Calendar so I would think it can be different in Outlook too. Just curious but why wouldn't you want, for example "my church", to be yellow on your Pre, Google Calendar, and Outlook?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    If I understand your question correctly, yes you can have multiple local calendars and pic whatever color you want. If you want the colors to sync just match them up but from the looks of this video ( ) you can have a different color on the Pre compared to Google Calendar so I would think it can be different in Outlook too. Just curious but why wouldn't you want, for example "my church", to be yellow on your Pre, Google Calendar, and Outlook?
    You may have misunderstood. What I am saying is, let's say I don't give a hoot about calendars on Outlook, Google, or anywhere. I ONLY want to have calendar items ON MY PRE, but I DO want separate one's. So, on my Pre, and ONLY on my Pre, I want a calendar for church, a calendar for personal stuff, and a calendar for work - all in different colors. Make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    You may have misunderstood. What I am saying is, let's say I don't give a hoot about calendars on Outlook, Google, or anywhere. I ONLY want to have calendar items ON MY PRE, but I DO want separate one's. So, on my Pre, and ONLY on my Pre, I want a calendar for church, a calendar for personal stuff, and a calendar for work - all in different colors. Make sense?
    Oh okay. I understand what you're saying. Well from that same video if you skip to around 2:19 you might be able to do that. If you change your default calendar to Palm Profile then my guess is it would be backed up but only be on the Pre.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Oh okay. I understand what you're saying. Well from that same video if you skip to around 2:19 you might be able to do that. If you change your default calendar to Palm Profile then my guess is it would be backed up but only be on the Pre.
    I asked the InvisibleMan if you could have more than one calendar on the Palm Profile (on the phone itself) and he responded that he did not see a way to set up more than one.

He also said that it doesn't appear that you can search your calender like you can contacts or notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    He also said that it doesn't appear that you can search your calender like you can contacts or notes.
    If true, this would be a problem for me. I often use the find function on my Treo to search for an appointment that's coming up.

That said, I'm starting to take everything from InvisibleMan or PalmGoon with a major grain of salt.

It's not that I don't think they're telling the truth about what they're seeing, it's just that they both seem to be posting based on experiences with a pre-release version of the emulator from a SDK that has restricted access because it isn't done yet. Not the final released device.

Some of the rough edges (OMG IT SYNCS ALL GOOGLE CONTACTS TEH FAIL!11!!!) may be present in the released device. But I suspect a lot of the panic is much ado about nothing.