Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ive thought about buying a few and selling them, anyone else with me? If so, how many are you picking up? How are you going to purchase them (in or out of contract)?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    how bout get a real job?
    its people like you who buy more than they need and poor old timmy who waited so long for it walks to counter, and hears, "sorry that last guy bought the last 3!"
    I have heard they are imposing limits on how many you can purchase. I hope its true I hate when people horde electronics then sell them on ebay for 1000% markup
    I'll tell you on my 31st day of ownership.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I have 3 lines with the $150 upgrade bonus. I plan to get 3 pre's, and at least one of them will end up for sale after the rebate comes in the mail. I figure a slightly used pre will be at least worth $400.
    Yeah it sucks that people buy them and then mark up the price, but that fact is that someone is buying it for 1000% the price.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    You are way behind. They are already selling on EBay:

Palm Pre (Sprint Nextel) - eBay (item 230345105389 end time May-27-09 20:15:22 PDT)
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by nitty917 View Post
    how bout get a real job?
    its people like you who buy more than they need and poor old timmy who waited so long for it walks to counter, and hears, "sorry that last guy bought the last 3!"
    This is a very idiotic statement.

If he is not doing anything illegal, why hate on the guy?

We live in a world of free economics, let him enjoy it.

Besides, if you snooze you lose. So again, don't hate on him.
    Pretty lame. I bet you can't get them activated until the 6th, and even if you could, no app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

I don't approve of the name calling. But activity like this is exactly how we end up with all kinds of lame rules like 1 per customer.

Hoarding makes scarcity worse and everyone but the hoarders lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

Aside from you being rude, I think everyone can agree that it would be lame to not be able to buy a Pre, even if you're second in line, because the first guy buys 5 at Best Buy. It's not illegal but it's selfish and annoying.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I don't approve of the name calling. But activity like this is exactly how we end up with all kinds of lame rules like 1 per customer.

So it's bad to buy 3 of them to horde... but the store limiting to one per customer is also lame? Looks like you want 2! =P
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post

Then the companies should make the rules. America is FREE and people should take advantage of each oppertunity. Free market forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by s140 View Post
    Then the companies should make the rules. America is FREE and people should take advantage of each oppertunity. Free market forever!
    Move on everyone, nothing to see here.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I hate people who do that. They horde it for a quick buck when theres people that actually want it. Think about this, you walk in to buy something and somebody just bought the remaining ones.
    Geez people, relax.

In no way, shape of form, was there a name calling. It was reference to HIS STATEMENT.

Aside from that, if Sprint/Palm wanted to limit a sale, then they will do it from the store (just like the iphone limit)

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you should be mad at a guy for buying 10 or even 100s for resale, if it is legal.

Think about the sony PS3 for example. IF a parent wanted to buy it for xmas and not camp out like everyone else on launch day, what are his chances to make his son happy on Xmas eve?
    ...So he goes to CL or eBay to buy the PS3 to make his son happy.

Everyone wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    I have heard they are imposing limits on how many you can purchase. I hope its true I hate when people horde electronics then sell them on ebay for 1000% markup

But how bout the guy who is going to buy 4, one for husband and wife and two sons?

they may not let me
    but we will wait and see
    Quote Originally Posted by twigg View Post
    I hate people who do that. They horde it for a quick buck when theres people that actually want it. Think about this, you walk in to buy something and somebody just bought the remaining ones.
    There is no one to blame but myself in this case.

I should have woke up earlier, and beat the other guy to the punch.

'think about it...you snooze you lose.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you should be mad at a guy for buying 10 or even 100s for resale, if it is legal.
    It's simply common decency. Just because it's not illegal, it's not suddenly right and correct.

Imagine, as you're attempting to get on the elevator, you see the door start to close. You yell "Hold that elevator! only to see me stick my head out and say "You snooze you lose, I'm in a hurry boy." Quickly bringing my head back in as the door closes and the elevator takes off without you.

Clearly you seem to participate in the OP's activity to some degree. That's fine, but the problem comes when you try to rationalize it. It's not a nice thing, what you do, so don't act like it is.
    @Sayo

What you are describing is being INHUMANE, far from free economics.

I treat people with respect, all people.

Your analogy is flawed.

I have a few business ventures, and one of them is a retail business. I see no difference of me going to Costco and buying something in bulk and reselling it at the store for a profit.

Argue all you want, but I disagree and have no empathy for those whom want a gadget VERY BAD (in this case launch day) but not lining up and preparing themselves for a highly anticipated gadget that WILL sale.

We probably do not see eye to eye on this, but again I stand by my views. Lets just agree to disagree and move on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast