Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » Psst - Have you Heard about Everything Plus?

This may or may not have been posted already... if so... get over it... if not this is how to get the Everything Plus plan from sprint so all of those who already say Sprint's unlimited data plan is too expensive... 10 bones were just knocked off and 50 anytime minutes added.

If you still feel the need to complain that you have SERO I think there are is a small group of people who care high atop a mountain in Antartica, walk there.

My question for you knowledgeable people of this forum... if one wants this plan are you able to get the Pre bright and early June 6th by the sounds of it, this is an internet offer?
    Last edited by tman9476; 05/25/2009 at 09:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I've heard about this. How can you get this deal? Is it through internet sales? Can you get this via Sprint store?
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » Psst - Have you Heard about Everything Plus?

This may or may not have been posted already... if so... get over it... if not this is how to get the Everything Plus plan from sprint so all of those who already say Sprint's unlimited data plan is too expensive... 10 bones were just knocked off and 50 anytime minutes added.

If you still feel the need to complain that you have SERO I think there are is a small group of people who care high atop a mountain in Antartica, walk there.

My question for you knowledgeable people of this forum... if one wants this plan are you able to get the Pre bright and early June 6th?
    I'm just about positive they will. What I keep hearing from Sprint is you must have an "Everything" plan. That would qualify. I suspect Sprint isn't calling that one by name, because they're not wanting to have everyone run out and try to get Everything Plus instead of a regular Everything Data plan.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I've heard about this. How can you get this deal? Is it through internet sales? Can you get this via Sprint store?
    Follow the link and scroll down to the bottom of the blog after reading the above portion. An inquizitive young man asked a question regarding the Everything Plus/SERO/can we get this with Pre.. it'll lead you to answers! GLORIOUS GLORIOUS ANSWERS!

.... except for the question i posed
    What I see from the blog posts is that the Everything Plus plans are for new Sprint customers.

Do I have this right?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    What I see from the blog posts is that the Everything Plus plans are for new Sprint customers.

Do I have this right?
    Hmmm... so I am technically a customer of sprint in the sense that I send them money monthly but am not contractually obligated anymore. When i try this plan out (i'm going to ask some sprint rep if I can do it in store vs online) and they try to tell me I don't qualify, I will be a sad sad panda.

answer to your question: IDK
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    Follow the link and scroll down to the bottom of the blog after reading the above portion. An inquizitive young man asked a question regarding the Everything Plus/SERO/can we get this with Pre.. it'll lead you to answers! GLORIOUS GLORIOUS ANSWERS!

.... except for the question i posed
    The important thing to remember is that with the Everything Plus Plan, you don't qualify for Sprint Premier and the 1 year upgrade ability that comes along with it, like you do with the minimum Simply Everything Plan.

If the Pre 2 is a significant enough upgrade, and I'm gonna want to buy the Pre 2 as well, then the $120 or so savings from the Everything Plus plan won't cover the $350 savings you get ($550-$200) from being able to upgrade.

Sprint is doing a favor to all tech heads/phone geeks by "forcing" Pre owners to get a Simply Everything Plan.
    Last edited by Gerorne; 05/25/2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    EPRP - Everything Plus Referral Plans only work for NEW customers and customers transitioning from SERO plans. To get it, you need to have a Sprint employees e-mail address as well as their CID (see the link for that info). You cannot switch to this plan if you aren't on it already or on SERO. (well, at least you aren't supposed to be able to)
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I am getting an ERP plan, but with a new contract. I am not getting rid of my SERO until Sprint forces me to. Instead, I will "sub-contract" my plan to a friend or family member; I know plenty of people who would pay $50 for 500 minutes and unlimited everything. $20 profit to subsidize part of my $60 plan. Profit!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    The important thing to remember is that with the Everything Plus Plan, you don't qualify for Sprint Premier and the 1 year upgrade ability that comes along with it, like you do with the minimum Simply Everything Plan.

If the Pre 2 is a significant enough upgrade, and I'm gonna want to buy the Pre 2 as well, then the $120 or so savings from the Everything Plus plan won't cover the $350 savings you get ($550-$200) from being able to upgrade.

Sprint is doing a favor to all tech heads/phone geeks by "forcing" Pre owners to get a Simply Everything Plan.

Ahhhh such is life. Decisions are what grownups do. Do you want to save $240 ($10/mo x 24mo) and simply wait out your plan with the current latest revolution? Also, the $350 savings is arbitrary because you are taking into account the current deal in a down economy, who's to say such a subsidy from sprint will be seen again?
    Or do you want to risk it and hedge your bets that Palm is going to come out with a new and improved Pre 2 (other names I have suggested in the past are... Pre X, Pre Second, Pre deuce, Present, Post, Pre-matured, Iphone-mourner).
    Do note palm hasn't done anything right for well over 2 years now.
    But it surely would be easy to improve this phone... probably... off the top of my head most significant imporvements may come via software updates.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    EPRP - Everything Plus Referral Plans only work for NEW customers and customers transitioning from SERO plans. To get it, you need to have a Sprint employees e-mail address as well as their CID (see the link for that info). You cannot switch to this plan if you aren't on it already or on SERO. (well, at least you aren't supposed to be able to)
    Oh, quick question. I have SERO with 6 months until I can upgrade. Am I right to assume that if I upgrade to the Everything Plus plan, it doesn't extend my contract? Because if that's the case, I could buy a Pre at retail price, and keep that plan until the Pre 2 comes out, whenever that may be, and then get Pre 2 and upgrade to the new Simply Everything Plan (and be able to get the Pre 3 whenever that comes out, without worrying about if I'll be eligible to upgrade or not.) In a sense, I would be getting a delayed rebate of $10 a month until the Pre 2 comes out.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Oh, quick question. I have SERO with 6 months until I can upgrade. Am I right to assume that if I upgrade to the Everything Plus plan, it doesn't extend my contract? Because if that's the case, I could buy a Pre at retail price, and keep that plan until the Pre 2 comes out, whenever that may be, and then get Pre 2 and upgrade to the new Simply Everything Plan (and be able to get the Pre 3 whenever that comes out, without worrying about if I'll be eligible to upgrade or not.) In a sense, I would be getting a delayed rebate of $10 a month until the Pre 2 comes out.
    Why would you not want to extend your SERO? I mean they might stop offering it at anytime and prevent renewals. I am going to extend my old SERO soon too. These contracts are worth money... you can actually sell 'em for money!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You can sell it and transfer names and billing address?... That sounds odd. If that's the case, I'd have to see how much I could sell it for and see if it's worth having to go through the hassle of getting a new number.

ERP's can be used by existing customer but only with a new line of service. If you are a SERO user you can get it changed to an ERP. This information is in there launch plan PDF file that was "leaked". And Yes ERP's work with the Pre. They are just cheaper versions of the regular Everything plans.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    I'm gonna call BestBuy on tomorrow and see if I can walk in there on the 6th with that email and code. I'm sure that they can do the activation in store, just a matter of whether Sprint will let them or not.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    ERP's can be used by existing customer but only with a new line of service. If you are a SERO user you can get it changed to an ERP. This information is in there launch plan PDF file that was "leaked". And Yes ERP's work with the Pre. They are just cheaper versions of the regular Everything plans.
    sorry to put you on the spot... but is the ERP an internet only deal... thus not allowing me to hold the pre in my sweaty hands (with ZAGG shield of course) the morning of June 6th?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreInsiders View Post
    I'm gonna call BestBuy on tomorrow and see if I can walk in there on the 6th with that email and code. I'm sure that they can do the activation in store, just a matter of whether Sprint will let them or not.
    They cant do the activation in store like that. I used to work for Best Buy, and they have no control over special plans. Now IF you already had a plan like I did, they had to call and have my 800w I bought the day it came out, switched in place of my 700p (I was on the $30 SERO at the time). They had to call it in, and had to OVERRIDE the system too, so I could get it for the $199.99

That's another thing they normally wont do, is OVERRIDE the system because it requires a code to get a phone (any) out the door for the price with instant rebate.

Thought i'd save you the trouble, as they can't handle what you want them to do. You'll have to call Sprint on that, or maybe try the store. Mine was set up through a Sprint employee, so I cant tell you how others get theirs done besides calling.
    so all of those who already say Sprint's unlimited data plan is too expensive...
    My problem isn't the individual plans, it with the family plans and the fact that there is no discount for the second line. You might as well have two of the regular plans separately. I don't have a SERO plan but it will still run me 50 extra a month to get a pre. (alread have data on my line)

I don't really understand how you can say Sprint is doing consumers a favor by forcing them to use a more expensive plan just so that they can get a discount on Pre 2. "We're ripping you off now with this phone so that you can get a discount with the next one!"

You can get discounts upgrading with the EP plans so I think the difference isn't as big as you make it out to be.

Either way, I'll stick with my $59 Everything Plus plan, save money along the way and decide what I want to buy, and what carrier I want to be on, when the time comes.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I don't really understand how you can say Sprint is doing consumers a favor by forcing them to use a more expensive plan just so that they can get a discount on Pre 2. "We're ripping you off now with this phone so that you can get a discount with the next one!"

I'll stick with my $59 Everything Plus plan, save money along the way and decide what I want to buy, and what carrier I want to be on, when the time comes.
    By that I meant everyone who is going to buy the Pre on day one, knowing they'll likely want to buy the Pre 2 also on day one. This is assuming that Sprint gets the Pre 2 exclusively before other networks, as is a traditional move by Palm, and assuming that the Pre 2 launches before the full upgrade is available by completing a two year contract.

Do you consider $70 to be a rip off? Seems like a pretty competitive price across the networks, and the upgrade ability after 1 year is also better than the other networks as far as I know, so I don't see how you could consider it to be a rip off.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast