Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    My problem isn't the individual plans, it with the family plans and the fact that there is no discount for the second line. You might as well have two of the regular plans separately. I don't have a SERO plan but it will still run me 50 extra a month to get a pre. (alread have data on my line)
    ^ False...

Everything Plus family plan runs 109.99 for 1600 minutes, unlimited everything else and 2 lines.

Evertything Plus Individual plan = 59.99 for 500 mins, unlimited everything else

Everything Data individual plan = 69.99 for 450 mins, unlimited everything else

Everything Data family plan = ??? i don't care to check for you but you claim it's not additionally discounted so I'll take your word for it

Unless I have fuzzy Biden math... you get 600 extra minutes and not only do you get 2 lines (A $120 value) but you receive an additional $10 off of that.

Family plan gets sweet discount and additional minutes yields good deal for consumer
    This has been posted elsewhere, but as an FYI, you can get even better deals than the ERP deals by simply becoming a member of Alliant Credit Union. With membership there, you get 25% off monthly charges. That brings the Everything Data Family 1500 down to $97.49 and the Everything Data 450 and 900 down to $52.49 and $67.49 respectively.

There's a bunch of ways to qualify to join Alliant. If none of them currently apply, you can join the national PTA for $10 and then qualify. Once you're a member, you can go to Sprint: and shop from there for the discount. Also, they should be able to apply the discount in store.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    The new Sero, eprp is only done over the phone or online...it's stated in the terms and conditions on the website:

Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
    Sprint CS told me I can change my SERO 500 to the EPRP 500 over the phone (or online) only, then after it takes effect I can go to a Sprint store to get the Pre (or order by telesales).
    I am out of contact BTW (good luck, huh?)
    Last edited by patchs; 05/26/2009 at 09:26 AM.
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Just changed over to "Everything Data Family $129.99 Plan" from my SERO plan & added 25% company discount. Still pretty cheap IMO & less then the $109.00 EPRP Family plan.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Just changed over to "Everything Data Family $129.99 Plan" from my SERO plan & added 25% company discount. Still pretty cheap IMO & less then the $109.00 EPRP Family plan.

For EPRP, can I apply my corporate discount if I have one??? Thanks.
    no discounts on EPRP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    This has been posted elsewhere, but as an FYI, you can get even better deals than the ERP deals by simply becoming a member of Alliant Credit Union. With membership there, you get 25% off monthly charges. That brings the Everything Data Family 1500 down to $97.49 and the Everything Data 450 and 900 down to $52.49 and $67.49 respectively.

There's a bunch of ways to qualify to join Alliant. If none of them currently apply, you can join the national PTA for $10 and then qualify. Once you're a member, you can go to Sprint: and shop from there for the discount. Also, they should be able to apply the discount in store.
    National PTA application, $25 per year:
    https://www.pta.org/ssl/natmem.asp
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Sprint CS told me I can change my SERO 500 to the EPRP 500 over the phone (or online) only, then after it takes effect I can go to a Sprint store to get the Pre (or order be telesales).
    I am out of contact BTW (good luck, huh?)
    Will you have to have the email and cid number of a Sprint employee in order to switch your SERO plan over to EPRP?
    I thought about switching the sero's into one, but thought i'd wait. It only gave me an option to convert to normal plans. I assume i'll have to call if i want to convert to EPRP (not that i would want to do that).

I also don't want to give up SERO just yet if i'm just trying out the Pre. So i'll probably just add a line. If i decide to keep, i'll cancel the SERO line (and cry afterwards..lol)
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    You can sell it and transfer names and billing address?... That sounds odd. If that's the case, I'd have to see how much I could sell it for and see if it's worth having to go through the hassle of getting a new number.
    Yes you can. I had two SEROs and sold one early this year. I still have the other one listed and I get an offer every now and then. My listing price is $200.

Google "sell your cellphone contract"; there's a bunch of sites, some with free listing. Also try craigslist.
    If I get one of the 2-line Everything Family Plans (either regular or referral), can I get the phone discount on the second line as well (i.e. the Pre for $299 on each line)? If you do get the phone discount, I bet they'll only let you mail-in one rebate per household. That would not be that big of a deal to me (rebate issue). I'm just trying to figure out what I'm eligible for and calculate everything out. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecharm View Post
    Will you have to have the email and cid number of a Sprint employee in order to switch your SERO plan over to EPRP?
    The CS rep didn't say anything and that leaked Sprint Pre guide only said that SERO subs can change to the EPRP.
    To me, that means no CID or e-mail.
    Of course, you can always use good ol Russ McGuire.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I currently have SERO with 500 minutes for $30 with a 20% corporate discount. When I "upgrade" to EPRP, do you think I will lose this discount or will it be 'grandfathered' in?
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch259 View Post
    I currently have SERO with 500 minutes for $30 with a 20% corporate discount. When I "upgrade" to EPRP, do you think I will lose this discount or will it be 'grandfathered' in?
    No discounts with EPRP.
    Of course, you weren't supposed to have them with SERO either.
    Sprint's cracking down.
    So bye bye 20 percent off.
    well sounds to me its a better deal to sign up for the regular $70 plan and have my 27% off which will knock it down to $53
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    well sounds to me its a better deal to sign up for the regular $70 plan and have my 27% off which will knock it down to $53
    Of course, that's 50 fewer minutes, but maybe you don't need that many?
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    Do note palm hasn't done anything right for well over 2 years now.
    Hopefully, the Pre will rectify that...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    Oh, quick question. I have SERO with 6 months until I can upgrade. Am I right to assume that if I upgrade to the Everything Plus plan, it doesn't extend my contract? Because if that's the case, I could buy a Pre at retail price, and keep that plan until the Pre 2 comes out, whenever that may be, and then get Pre 2 and upgrade to the new Simply Everything Plan (and be able to get the Pre 3 whenever that comes out, without worrying about if I'll be eligible to upgrade or not.) In a sense, I would be getting a delayed rebate of $10 a month until the Pre 2 comes out.
    If you are trying to use your Pre on your current SERO plan until the second generation Pre comes out I am not sure that is going to work. When you try to activate your Pre with Sprint won't they tell you that the phone you have is incompatible with your current plan?
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Quote Originally Posted by purplecharm View Post
    I can hand out my info if anyone wants it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintDaddy View Post
    I can hand out my info if anyone wants it.
    You're too kind.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast