Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wondered how many of you are going to buy it before you try it, or are you going to sit down with it a bit before you buy it?

I assume many of you want to try and get it at Best Buy for the price and not have to mail-in anything, and hopefully they have a working unit for you to play with. I am sure the Sprint store would too.

I know many want one on here, and I guess you all just take a chance that you will like it. At the same time too, I think you can return it if you dont like it with-in 30 I believe, so you wouldn't be out anything.

It is possible you may not like the feel, the keyboard, the software, etc etc. I cant say cause i've never held one. I've only seen pictures, and videos. I have no idea in the slightest how it will compare to other phones.

I can say though, I am glad you can return phones, cause I had the worst experience in the world with a 800w, and never would have been able to live with it. It was more the software then anything and all of my crashes.

Hopefully the feel in people's hands will be what they want. I know that this will be big for some people, if they dont like the way the Pre feels, and how the QWERTY is, etc.

I'm sure the reviews from all of you will come in with-in hours of getting one, so we'll see how you all like it. Hopefully it's the phone you've been waiting for since the flop of the 800w, and the oh...I dont think i'll get the Treo Pro either.

We are WAY over-do for a kick a** phone
    I've poured over enough videos to know that there is no way that i would be unhappy with it, so no need to try it for me.

Unfortunately best buy's around me don't carry sprint, so I will likely be going the MIR route with 3 pre's.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    no, no trying, not until I get home. But if for some reason, it doesn't "work" for me, I will return in the 30 minute window.
  4. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Only if I can keep my Sprint SERO plan, i'll pay full price for the phone.
  5.    #5  
    I remember almost winning on a Touch Diamond on Ebay. I then got to play with one at Best Buy, and just wasn't happy with the way the touch screen felt. Now maybe it would have been better with some tweaks, but i'm kind of glad I didn't win the auction, cause I would have been stuck with the phone.

If Palm did better then the previous ones, I cant really see the Pre getting bad reviews as far as the touchscreen and keyboard. I actually still like my 700p. I wish it was better, but I still like it. I'm sure the Pre will have improved on all of that drastically.
    I'll return it if it doesn't work out for me. I'm already on a Everything Data plan, so I'm not giving up any grandfathered cheapo plans to make the jump. Nothing about the transaction is irreversible.

I'm sure I'll like the keyboard. I've never had an issue with the Treo Pro or the Centro. I've always contacted the keys with the tips rather than the flats of my thumbs, so I'm not put off by smaller keyboards.

My only concern is the PIM functionality. I've always loved the Palm Deskop, bugs notwithstanding, and I hope there's a MyPalm solution around the corner. But I'll probably have to deal with Outlook. Not ideal, but tolerable.
    I never try before I buy, I do however do proper research prior to buying a device.
    I sure hope u mis wrote on the 30 minute window and meant 30 days. Its 30 days if u didn't know already.

Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    no, no trying, not until I get home. But if for some reason, it doesn't "work" for me, I will return in the 30 minute window.
    I'll buy without trying. I've become pretty flexible in adjusting to keyboards, and I've seen enough of the phone to know I want it.

That's not to say that if I'm totally dissatisified, I'd be unwilling to return it.
    Sure you have 30 days to try it out and return it. I suspect launch day may be a total zoo so there probably won't be much time to sit there and window shop as the reps will want to get everyone served.
    Contract is up at the end of June. I've already bought screen protectors, chargers, and a leather case for the Pre. I'm committed to getting one on the 6th.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post

Enough with the SERO non-sense. You can't have you cake and eat it too. In this world, you have to pay to play....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post

Enough with the SERO non-sense. You can't have you cake and eat it too. In this world, you have to pay to play....
    I gave a "thanks", just because I'm fed up with the SeroWhiners; but I just took his answer to say "No, I won't be buying before I try, or at all..."
    I won't be buying until a whole lot of other people have tried it, and reported on what they find. Still way too many unknowns, and some of the recent disclosures (if true), have me greatly worried. I glad there are so many early adopters willing to take the risk of buying a device they know almost nothing about, because that means I don't have to.

We've seen Palm burn us with shoddy devices, unstable software, and buggy apps too many times. I'm unwilling to be a beta tester.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    i already know everything i need to know...just walking in and buying 2!
    Buy before try.
    Trying it out in the store before I buy.
    Walking in, paying for it, walking out. No need to try. I already know
  19.    #19  
    I'd like to try it as well, and for those who want too, and are getting it, good luck. I dont think you'll have good luck playing with the phone with so many people in line the day it comes out.

I suggest you may try a Best Buy a few days before it comes out as they will have it, and someone in Best Buy mobile will probably be playing with it. I'd suggest if you try, you do it about an hour or 30min before close, as you'll have more of a chance if it is slow, and not many people are around. Again this will all depend on your store.

When the 800w came out, I was able to hold one because I knew when it was coming in on the truck, worked there, put my name on it (no I didn't work for BBY mobile) and I was the first one with the phone. Think I even got it sold to me the day before it came out, or at least that afternoon.
    That ship has sailed. You will not be able to upgrade to any phone, ever, and keep your SERO. Even if you buy the Pre and end up returning it, your SERO plan for your old phone will be gone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast