Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    This is probably nothing new, and this is getting old, but here's another comparison chart.....

PC Magazine
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Can I just comment on how incredibly sad that "Copy and Paste" is now a "feature" of smart phones for no other reason than the freaking iPhone wasn't able to do it for a few years?
    I didn't think that any features of Iphone 3.0 were confirmed yet? How can you give points for different categories on a hunch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Can I just comment on how incredibly sad that "Copy and Paste" is now a "feature" of smart phones for no other reason than the freaking iPhone wasn't able to do it for a few years?

Can you tell me how multitasking is a "feature" of a "smartphone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Can you tell me how multitasking is a "feature" of a "smartphone".
    Rather than being sarcastic about the comment you responded to, you can actually think for a second about what he said. Copy and Paste has been around since the beginning of Treos and even before. That's like putting on that list "Color Screen" or "Rechargeable battery".
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Apple said that they couldnt do it for "security" reasons it think. I think that Apple is way to strict and controlling regarding their products.
    Copy n paste as a category?

Goes beyond that really. Look at other categories. Multitouch. Capacitive screen. App store (how did anyone ever buy apps before?) I'm surprised Itunes wasn't on there.

Why not synergy, unobtrusive notifications, real kb, etc? There's many ways you can make any comparison biased.

Plus its wrong. Apple will have spotlight. There is no video store on the iphone. There is no turn by turn auto routing navigation on the iphone which is what GPS implies to most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by twigg View Post
    Apple said that they couldnt do it for "security" reasons it think. I think that Apple is way to strict and controlling regarding their products.
    Anyone remember the now-famous TV commercial put out by apple which was a take on George Orwell's book, 1984? I believe it was put out to bash IBM by suggesting that IBM was 'controlling', moreover suggesting that everyone was being forced by IBM to conform.

Today Apple OS and hardware are completely controlled by Apple. No cloned hardware allowed, no software allowed except what Apple says is OK (can you say BluRay movie viewing?). Maybe Palm or someone else should remake that commercial with Apple as the target.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Today Apple OS and hardware are completely controlled by Apple. No cloned hardware allowed, no software allowed except what Apple says is OK (can you say BluRay movie viewing?). Maybe Palm or someone else should remake that commercial with Apple as the target.
    Third party software is only controlled on iPod/iPhone devices - the desktop Mac OS X is open for whatever apps you want to install - native Blu-ray support was a choice made by Apple and there's nothing to stop a third-party from crafting the proper drivers and software, nothing except for a potential market not large enough to justify the investment.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright