Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
       #1  
    I stopped shopping at Best Buy 3 years ago. This kind of garbage is one of the many reasons I refuse to return (from EngadgetMobile).

    Best Buy Gouges Pre Customers
  2. #2  
    I think it's brilliant. Judging by how many people want to camp out for a Pre on this board, I'd charge $1000 each, plus $100 to stand in line.

    I'd also have 10 year contracts so that people can lock in a brilliant $60/month to save money over AT&T forever. Remember, it's not that it costs $60 a month, its *saving* money.

    Pass the Kool Aid!
  3. #3  
    dont buy from best buy. problem solved.
  4. #4  
    Always be informed before shopping at BB and you'll be fine. I never let BB rip me off. I always am sure of what I need or want before I get in the store.

    Tha page is down now due to tech difficulties, but when it's up again, I'll read they're trying to do.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #5  
    Seems like it would be cheaper to buy the phone under the cheapest contract, send in for the $100 rebate if you have to get it from the Sprint store, then cancel the contract as soon as the rebate clears.

    Play the system.
  6. twigg's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #6  
    I hate Best Buy. I feel that they try to rip off customers a lot. I also think that they dont know crap about electronic and have bad customer service. This is just my experience though.
  7. #7  
    What is your complaint, exactly? We have known that BB will be selling the Pre for $850 w/o a contract ever since they announced they'd officially be selling it. Do tell us how they have "striked again" because I plan on buying the Pre there for $200 w/ contract. Is there something I need go worry about besides low invontory?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
  8. #8  
    Quick BB story - bubbatex buys TV for $2200 because BB gives me a good deal, regularly $2800 and it was not on sale. But bubbatex doesn't unwrap it that week due to not having a TV stand. Competitive add in next week's paper has the next version up on sale for $2450, regularly $3400. Bubbatex goes back and says he wants to exchange one purchased for the better one and wants price match. Silly CS calls competitive store, they don't have any in stock but will order it. CS says no can do Mr. Bubbatex. Bubbatex says just a moment and then wheels in (still in the box) $2400 TV and says "return". CS calls manager and says "return" because they followed "policy". Manager stumbles all over himself to kiss bubbatex's rear and get bubbatex the better tv AT the competitive price. Bubbatex likes BB and agrees with The Diva - know what you are doing and BB is a good place to shop.

    I am a rewards customer and constantly get great coupons from them. Again, I shop around, never buy extended warranties and always but my big electroincs on their no-interest plans. I have purchased 2 phones from them and returned both as well as tried a few BT headsets and returned them. I have no complaints.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    What is your complaint, exactly? We have known that BB will be selling the Pre for $850 w/o a contract ever since they announced they'd officially be selling it. Do tell us how they have "striked again" because I plan on buying the Pre there for $200 w/ contract. Is there something I need go worry about besides low invontory?
    Yeah Engadget posted this late. It's been known since last Thursday at least.
    http://www.precentral.net/best-buy-r...ice-84999-ouch
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  10. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Quick BB story - bubbatex buys TV for $2200 because BB gives me a good deal, regularly $2800 and it was not on sale. But bubbatex doesn't unwrap it that week due to not having a TV stand. Competitive add in next week's paper has the next version up on sale for $2450, regularly $3400. Bubbatex goes back and says he wants to exchange one purchased for the better one and wants price match. Silly CS calls competitive store, they don't have any in stock but will order it. CS says no can do Mr. Bubbatex. Bubbatex says just a moment and then wheels in (still in the box) $2400 TV and says "return". CS calls manager and says "return" because they followed "policy". Manager stumbles all over himself to kiss bubbatex's rear and get bubbatex the better tv AT the competitive price. Bubbatex likes BB and agrees with The Diva - know what you are doing and BB is a good place to shop.

    I am a rewards customer and constantly get great coupons from them. Again, I shop around, never buy extended warranties and always but my big electroincs on their no-interest plans. I have purchased 2 phones from them and returned both as well as tried a few BT headsets and returned them. I have no complaints.
    Wow... speaking of yourself in the third person....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Wow... speaking of yourself in the third person....
    It took a little work, but bubbatex is my third person.....
    Last edited by bubbatex; 05/26/2009 at 03:23 PM.
  12. #12  
    BB always tells me they have a price match guarantee in town... if this is true who cares what they have marked as retail. The consumer who purchases $300 overprice deserves to be overcharged. Such are free markets, prices are confined to what the ***** consumer is willing to pay not bargain hunter.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    BB always tells me they have a price match guarantee in town... if this is true who cares what they have marked as retail. The consumer who purchases $300 overprice deserves to be overcharged. Such are free markets, prices are confined to what the ***** consumer is willing to pay not bargain hunter.
    Actually, retail price is relevant in California because here they charge sales tax on the RETAIL price of the item, not on the price after rebates. Thus, if you buy brand new Palm Pre on the morning of June 6 at Best Buy with a 2-year contract, you will pay $199 + a whopping $80.75 (or more depending on the locality) in CA Sales Tax. The State of California then thanks you for your generosity in helping out with the state budget deficit.
  14. #14  
    Did Engadget take the Article down?..I didnt see anything.

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Always be informed before shopping at BB and you'll be fine. I never let BB rip me off. I always am sure of what I need or want before I get in the store.
    Exactly. If people would just follow this incredibly easy procedure, we wouldn't need threads with titles like this.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
  16. #16  
    Best Buy is the biggest irony of a store name ever.
  17. #17  
    Do you guys remember back in the day when you could buy a video game, ... play it... then take it back because it didn't play (scratched)...

    ahh those were the days... damn you best buy!... It hurts to love your electronic goodies so much...

    Damn you!
  18. #18  
    I will use my trademarked comment for Best Buys posts here:

    Best Buy Sucks.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  19. #19  
    From what I've heard they aren't actually planning to keep that price past phase 1 of the launch, but they supposedly are doing it to prevent the thousands of employees from purchasing them out from under the customers. I've seen many times that when they want to limit sales on a particular product they have a tendency to go crazy with the price; for example, when there was a recall on a particular TV wall mount they changed the price to $999.99 to prevent people from buying it until it could be removed from stores.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Actually, retail price is relevant in California because here they charge sales tax on the RETAIL price of the item, not on the price after rebates. Thus, if you buy brand new Palm Pre on the morning of June 6 at Best Buy with a 2-year contract, you will pay $199 + a whopping $80.75 (or more depending on the locality) in CA Sales Tax. The State of California then thanks you for your generosity in helping out with the state budget deficit.
    The net price difference, if you live in LA and you happen to follow through and mail in the rebate is about 50 dollars cheaper at Sprint online. This is factoring in the $18 upgrade fee charged when upgrading at Best Buy, even more if you factor in the $36 activation charged if you are new Sprint customer( obviously not charged at Sprint's website). And don't say you just call Sprint and have them waive it. They will do everything possible to avoid waiving this fee so it's not as easy as it once was.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions