Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by twigg View Post
    I hate Best Buy. I feel that they try to rip off customers a lot. I also think that they dont know crap about electronic and have bad customer service. This is just my experience though.
    Considering my alternatives since Circuit City closed up shop, let's just say i don't want see Best Buy go out of business or anything. There's something to be said for being able to see the stuff in person.

The store doesn't suck, people suck. They don't exactly hire college grads for the most part so don't expect too much knowledge from the sales guys although you do meet exceptions to the rule sometimes. It's on you to know what you're looking for and do research prior to that.

Bad customer service? Depends on the customer and what service it is he or she is demanding.

I will say i order online mostly, will look at costco or samsclub second, and only shop at Best Buy when its appropriate or if a good deal.

That all said...why the heck is Sprint/Palm allowing Best Buy to advertise the Pre as 7GB? The iphone doesn't let you use all 8gb but you don't see Best Buy advertising it as something less than 8...likewise on the 16gb. This is incredibly stupid that Palm hasn't corrected this. But obviously the 849 is there because Best Buy wants to sell that sprint contract.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Always be informed before shopping at BB and you'll be fine. I never let BB rip me off. I always am sure of what I need or want before I get in the store.

Tha page is down now due to tech difficulties, but when it's up again, I'll read they're trying to do.
    cannot agree more ,
    You test the gadgets at bestbuy
    then buy online
    Just so I understand, are people willing to boycott Best Buy simply because of the out-of-contract price even though they may very well have the best out-the-door price with a contract?
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Just so I understand, are people willing to boycott Best Buy simply because of the out-of-contract price even though they may very well have the best out-the-door price with a contract?
    BestBuy always ( read always) prices at least 10% more than any competitor on 90% of the electronics.

In other words , 90% of the things they sell are sold at 110 dollars while you get it for 100 with another store or on web.
    They often ask full MFRP from what I've seen. And with Apple products they do charge 10% more(Apple Store is ironically cheaper for iPod accessories), except on the iPods themselves. Although I think they do add an extra $.99, which is sneaky. I never notice about many other items because I either buy on sale from BB or buy off the internet.

However, I think Semprini means that even if the full price is too high, you can still get the $199 deal out the door with contract.

I think a lot of times those really high no contract prices at BB are ploys to get people into contracts. They likely make more money on contracts. They've offered free phones on contract, that the carriers won't offer for free on contract. So you come out ahead at Best Buy, IF you're looking for a contract.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/26/2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Bad grammar.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    ...I think a lot of times those really high no contract prices at BB are ploys to get people into contracts. They likely make more money on contracts. They've offered free phones on contract, that the carriers won't offer for free on contract. So you come out ahead at Best Buy, IF you're looking for a contract.
    You are absolutely right. The unlocked GSM Treo Pro sells for $599.99 without a contract at Best Buy.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12