Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I am used to the iPhone and iTunes so forgive the ignorance of my questions. With the Pre, how do I:

1) Sync Pre music with my mac (I own all my music DRM free from itunes and can get it out of there)?

2) How can you get podcasts on the Pre?

3) If you can't use itunes, how do you set up playlists, etc., both for on the Pre and on the Mac?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    there isn't much known about the music app to my knowledge.

1) when plugged in via usb, the pre shows up as a usb mass storage device. you can automatically sync playlists from mediamonkey with that, or even from itunes if you download an app like this.

2) you can sync them from your computer with above mentioned method. it's not known yet if you can download podcasts directly to the pre.

3 ) you can use itunes. there isn't anything known yet about playlists on the pre.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks. However, the software appears to be for windows- what about the mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Thanks. However, the software appears to be for windows- what about the mac?
    What software?? When connected via USB cable, the Pre appears as a Mass Storage Device - I don't believe it's "software-dependant." I think users will need to lose the "iTunes" mentality when dealing with file transfers and the Pre - it's just Drag and Drop, no?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    What software?? When connected via USB cable, the Pre appears as a Mass Storage Device - I don't believe it's "software-dependant." I think users will need to lose the "iTunes" mentality when dealing with file transfers and the Pre - it's just Drag and Drop, no?
    OK, I see. I wonder if there is any automatic sync process for the Mac for music with the Pre.
    The drag-and-drop method is one reason I am looking forward to this. I've always despised iTunes and found it clunky and limiting. If this is anything like the millions of non-iPlayers out there, it should be nice to just copy over files or sync with any media software like Winamp, Mediamonkey, Windows Media Player/Center, etc. I have no idea what non-iTunes options are available for OSX as Apple users all seem pretty happy with iTunes.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I went to Mark Space and it looks like they have something to sync music, playlists, etc. from the Palm OS to iTunes on the mac. Hopefully they'll have something to do so between iTunes (mac) and the Pre.
    I know one thing, I will be grateful for drag and drop. I tunes is such an *** backwards system. I was so pissed when I reinstalled Itunes and had such issues getting information off my Iphone (apps / music / video) because the new version of Itunes didn't register it as my phone. Itunes kept wanting to wipe the Iphone and start over except I didn't want to have to re download everything.