Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've heard nothing about the sound quality and loudness of 1) the phone handpiece, 2) the speakerphone, and 3) the speaker for music. Any reviewers or anyone else know?

That alone would be a reason to move from the iPhone 3G- the volume is just too low.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I've heard nothing about the sound quality and loudness of 1) the phone handpiece, 2) the speakerphone, and 3) the speaker for music. Any reviewers or anyone else know?

That alone would be a reason to move from the iPhone 3G- the volume is just too low.
    Excellent post! I was wondering the same thing for quite awhile as well as voice dialing
    Me three.
  4. vnx
    From what I used last night, I think it is on par with any other phone. I called myself and put a q9c next to my ear and the pre on the other ear to check it out and its not that different.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    How does it compare with the iPhone sound volume level?
    Quote Originally Posted by vnx View Post
    From what I used last night, I think it is on par with any other phone. I called myself and put a q9c next to my ear and the pre on the other ear to check it out and its not that different.
    Vnx, how about the speaker? Was it loud?
  7. vnx
    i didnt compare it with the iphone because i never really used an iphone before besides to play with the apps.
    not to be an advocate for the iphone..but I always thought and guess I was always told that the speaker phone on the iphone was good.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post

the speakers are loud and clear according to many people who have used the phone. if you search the forums you will probably find some posts about it, I know I read some about it.
    Doc posted something in his "hands on" thread - he said speaker and earpiece sounded loud and clear. HAS to be better than my Touch Pro.

If vnx says it seems good and he has a Q9c (probably the best smartphone "phone"), then that is good.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Doc posted something in his "hands on" thread - he said speaker and earpiece sounded loud and clear. HAS to be better than my Touch Pro.
    Who is Doc and how can find his thread?
    lol...its got to be way better that the 800w ;( poor 800w
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Found doc- it is doc31- he said a little about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    lol...its got to be way better that the 800w ;( poor 800w
    Agreed....Can't wait to get my pre to put my 800w away....
    In my short brief experience...

The thing is LOUD! Beats Touch Pro, Treo Pro, my 1st gen iPhone (sorry, I don't have a 3g) and naturally my 800w. But to be fair, most people without a voicebox could scream louder than my 800w's speakerphone / music playback capabilities.

I tried to be very LOW KEY with the device when I loaded a video and didn't realize the volume was that loud, got a couple of stares but good thing they didn't realize what device I was holding.
    How much better than the Treo Pro Darth? I have had to add software and tweak the OS just to make it "acceptable" but I would still prefer it to be louder for certain circumstances, even with WOW HD Audio boost. Heck, a lot of times when I am driving or working outside, I can't even hear the darn ring tones with the phone in a holster.

Do you think the speakerphone is loud enough to hear in a Jeep with the top down/doors off? Motorcycle on the side of a major highway, trying to have an important convo (Stopped of course, but traffic flowing at 65+ and loud pipes idling)? Background music 10 feet away for a bunch of drunk fools in a hot tub?

In other words, REAL WORLD uses other than sitting in a closed/locked/secluded room in the back of a brick building in an industrial park (must of been how the Treo Pro's "great" speakerphone was tested). Thanks. If you can compare to a Centro, that would be cool. My old Centro, 650, 700, and 755s were okay. Not ideal, but livable..
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Centro85- Well said. You sure don't want an iphone by those standards. I have really liked the iPhone, but it is darn near impossible to hear with any background noise. The handpiece volume is not loud enough and the speakerphone is virtually unusable in a car, etc.- only in a quiet room. That's been my big complaint all along, both with the original iPhone, and then with the iPhone 3G. I sure hope this is not a problem with the Pre.
    My experience was very controlled and not in your ideal situation, so I can't really answer that.

I can just say it was louder than any device I've used (not including my Treo's POS with volume boost software).
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    not to be an advocate for the iphone..but I always thought and guess I was always told that the speaker phone on the iphone was good.
    No way man, the regular speaker volume for the iphone/iphone 3g is horrible....and the speakerphone is practically worthless. The q9c has probably the best earpiece/speakerphone volume out there. If its on par with that phone, we are all in good shape!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    The iPhone 3G's speaker is louder than the original iPhone. I like how the speaker is on the back of the Pre though. The iPhone 3G's and iPhone's speaker is on the bottom and is blocked by your hand when your using it in landscape mode.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast