1.    #1  
    has anyone else noticed that sometimes, text is cut off when it appears at the corners of the Pre's screen? The retro look, while keeping in line with the pebble shape of the unit, seems to fly in the face of allowing scrollable text to be fully displayed, as it extends into the corners. Personally, I'd prefer the corners to be sharp. I don't need reminders of early color TV in the 60's.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I've only noticed it in web pages, and it seems to be rare. There really shouldn't be too much text at the extreme edges to become a pain, I think.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    has anyone else noticed that sometimes, text is cut off when it appears at the corners of the Pre's screen? The retro look, while keeping in line with the pebble shape of the unit, seems to fly in the face of allowing scrollable text to be fully displayed, as it extends into the corners. Personally, I'd prefer the corners to be sharp. I don't need reminders of early color TV in the 60's.
    true, but while reading a webpage on my laptopscreen, I usually scroll ahead so that the text I'm reading is in the middle of the screen. So I'll probably do that on the pre too. so this wouldn't bother me, and I think most people use it that way.

I think they should provide the option to remove the rounded corners, for the people who prefer it.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    It's kind of like the 1 pixel white border around a Treo's screen. The rounded corners look okay to me...I love the bar on the top that will always be there!
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    I actually prefer that the corners are rounded for aesthetics since the corners of the phone are rounded as well.