Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Just realized that! ****ty. The shortcuts to navigate the phone are very desirable traits, to me. The odd thing is that the shortcut to do that doesn't seem to be replaced with any thing else, so I wonder what their motivation was?
    You of course have the center button which brings you to card view, giving you access to the dock. I would also imagine that the gesture enabled wave-dock is still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Unfortunately according to Engadget it seems that they have confirmed there's no longer one-touch access to the launcher as I feared in an earlier post.

That makes no sense to me whatsoever, but it's not a dealbreaker.
    What do you mean by "no longer one-touch access"? You can still get to the launcher with Quick Launch. That's one-touch.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    What do you mean by "no longer one-touch access"? You can still get to the launcher with Quick Launch. That's one-touch.
    I think he meant the actual launcher not the quick launcher but I could be wrong.
  4. vnx
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    man, it's going to take a little time to get used too. But man, it looks awesome!
    yeah it did... hahaha it felt like the first time i was using an iphone. i was so lost... didn't know what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    I think he meant the actual launcher not the quick launcher but I could be wrong.
    Oh I see what gesture he's talking about in this video at 0:44

At least it's still quickly accessible with the Quick Launch.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Oh I see what gesture he's talking about in this video at 0:44

At least it's still quickly accessible with the Quick Launch.
    yeah exactly! No biggie at least we still have the quick launch access as you pointed out.
    This is great! I have been wanting to see this for some time now.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Unfortunately according to Engadget it seems that they have confirmed there's no longer one-touch access to the launcher as I feared in an earlier post.

That makes no sense to me whatsoever, but it's not a dealbreaker.
    it is a bummer, but there will ALWAYS be one-swipe access -- just gesture up halfway and to the right to hit the launcher shortcut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    it is a bummer, but there will ALWAYS be one-swipe access -- just gesture up halfway and to the right to hit the launcher shortcut.
    Yeah, not a huge deal, I just think it'd be quicker to do the flick. Just one of those little things that would save a lot of time if you add up all the times you use it.

Like I said, nowhere near a dealbreaker, I'm getting my Pre as soon as possible.

(The bigger issue is that it forces you to import all Facebook contacts, but as you've mentioned, Universal Search solves that problem too.)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Looks like the shortcut to get to card view by swiping from the gesture area up is there. Engadget apparently erroneously reported that it had been deleted from available gestures. Good news, that one.

At least that's according to the leaked user guide- bottom of page 56.
    Yeah, not a huge deal, I just think it'd be quicker to do the flick. Just one of those little things that would save a lot of time if you add up all the times you use it.

Like I said, nowhere near a dealbreaker, I'm getting my Pre as soon as possible.

(The bigger issue is that it forces you to import all Facebook contacts, but as you've mentioned, Universal Search solves that problem too.)
    Page 54 of the User Guide has a tip to open the launcher:
    "You can also open the Launcher by flicking up twice from the gesture area
    to the screen. If you are in Card view, just flick up once to open the
    Launcher."

Page down gesture?
    Page 54 of the User Guide has a tip to open the launcher:
    "You can also open the Launcher by flicking up twice from the gesture area
    to the screen. If you are in Card view, just flick up once to open the
    Launcher."
    Two flicks up as opposed to the one it used to be though. I still maintain it made more sense to flick up for the launcher and press the button for card view (or at least an option), but oh well.
    If there are no apps open, you can bring up the launcher with the swiping gesture.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12