Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I know that one had been started, but it appears to have bit the dust. Let's get a good guide together for who, what, when, and where people will be camping for the Pre. Maybe some of the Pre Central Members can get together along the way.

1. Where will you be camping?
    2. What day and time do you plan to begin?
    3. Are you invited to the Premier Release on the 5th?
    4. If yes to 3, what time do you plan on going?
    5. Any relative information pertaining to your area? ie.. no shipment to local Radio Shack etc...

Maybe through this, some of us Pre Central Fans, can meet up at the same store and/ or provide information to Central members in the same area.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Camping out? That's crazy talk. If my pre-order won't arrive on or before the 6th, I'll be in line. I'm thinking 6am. There's a radio shack 30 seconds from the Sprint store I'll be going to near South Coast Plaza, so I'll go to the shorter line.
    Radio Shack reportedly isn't getting any phones on 6/6
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I'm not authorized to disclose that information. :-) I will go back to playing nice after I get my Pre!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Radio Shack reportedly isn't getting any phones on 6/6
    Makes that line choice I was talking about a heckuva lot easier, huh?
    BestBuy, day of release at 8am. I believe 2 hours is enough as this town doesn't camp out much that I've seen, nothing for iphone, PS3, MGS, etc. (This town will remain secret as I don't want a flood of people invading mwahahaha)
    I'm buying from the Sprint Store since Radio Shack won't have it and Best Buy marked it up to $849 (I'm not extending my contract).

The local Sprint store (corp) claims it's opening at 10 that day, so if that's the case I'll pull up around 8:30 or even 9. If they find out they're opening earlier (I'll call that week) I'll show up at 7.
    I was invited to the premier launch party but I RSVP and I haven't heard back. Any one else not hear back? Good luck to everyone! Camping out sounds fun! I'll bring the portable grill you guys bring the marshmallows lol
    I don't plan on camping, but will probably arrive at Best Buy a good 2-3 hours before they open.
    I expect all of you Pre fans back east to provide us with the data on lines. If I hear people are waiting in lines, I will go to my store a bit earlier!!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    I think it's way too early for those who are even considering camping as an option to plan anything.
    We'll probably have a better idea a couple days before launch. I personally am not considering camping, and as much as I want this phone, if I can't get it via Telesales/online (I can wait 2-3 days) or at the local store up to 3 hours earlier than I'll wait until whenever it's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Camping out? That's crazy talk. If my pre-order won't arrive on or before the 6th, I'll be in line. I'm thinking 6am. There's a radio shack 30 seconds from the Sprint store I'll be going to near South Coast Plaza, so I'll go to the shorter line.
    What will you do when your "pre-order" arrives after the 6th?

Unless you meant that your "pre-order" is really one of those useless waiting lists. If it is, then you don't really have a pre-order.
    def not camping. maybe roll up to the sprint store an hour early if anything.
    i plan to show up 2 hrs early, around 6am. i get to work during the week at 4:45am anyway, so i'll technically still get to sleep in!

I plan to bring my macbook pro, and will tether to my BB to pass the time.
    I plan to show up one hour early, but only because of this site. I'm starting to think that getting a Pre on day one isn't going to be that huge of a deal. They're going to have 300,000+ on opening day. I've called around to about 5 Sprint store in my town and the ones that do have a "waiting list" only have about 7-10 people on it, and the fact that I'm on all the available waiting list makes me think that it's probably the same 10 people on all the other lists.
    I'm not a Premier customer, so I will probably have to wait till the 6th. I wont camp out, but I might arrive an hour early and have breakfast like another member mentioned while waiting.
    I dont see a need to camp out for a phone, I will go to the one in Manhattan and hopefully they have enough at that store.

I was able to pick up the first iPhone later that night after everyone who slept in the street left.
    Can't see myself camping out especially since there are a troup of homeless people that live under the bridge about 50 feet from the store I plan on going to. I will probably get there 2 hours before they open. If I don't get a Pre, they will be SORRY!
    Planning on liveblogging at the store while waiting. Gonna drive by on the 5th and see if there are any campers already (plus its my birthday on the 5th, so I'm not trying to spend it on the sidewalk). Store is opening at 8 am on the 6th, so I'll get there around 5:30 I imagine.