Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm sure I'm not alone in this... I've been a happy iPhone user from the very beginning (stood in long lines for both launch days!), but the Palm Pre still has a fairly strong allure for me. Lately I've been weighing the insane notion of grabbing a Pre in addition to my iPhone 3G, which of course my wife thinks is crazy talk.

I even jotted up some thoughts on the matter on my blog, if anyone is in a similar conundrum they may find it an amusing read (unfortunately I haven't made enough posts here yet to link to it, but hit my profile and you can find a link to my blog site there).

So how about you guys? I know there have to be other gadget nuts out there who would consider this scenario (and are probably already rocking with two phones right now)... right?
    Yep, I'm going to be using my STP on one hip with my Pre on the other.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Yep, I'm going to be using my STP on one hip with my Pre on the other.
    I knew I wouldn't be alone... (whew!)

So how much will you wind up paying each month? Guessing maybe you will have both phones on some kind of family plan so that will save you a bit.

And if I can ask, have you sorted out what your primary use for each phone is, and how to juggle the two numbers? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Hell no. I'm ditching my iPhone. I've got a 1st gen iPhone, and a 2nd gen one. I hate the iPhone now. Everything about it is becoming ridiculously frustrating for me, but it's still the best phone I've used. Can't wait for a Pre...

I will be getting an iPod Touch though, in addition to the Pre. Here's to hoping that Apple comes out with a 64GB one, so I can actually put my entire music library on it.
    Absolutely with you on this!

I already own two phones, an iPhone 3G and a BB Bold. I'm a cool tech junkie I f it's cool then I'm buying it day 1! I'm gonna have the Pre and probably in a couple weeks the next generation iPhone as well.

For me it's great because when I'm at work I can demo my OWN phones for customers and it let's them know that I'm knowledgeble about the product, Which equals more sales..
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Hell no. I'm ditching my iPhone. I've got a 1st gen iPhone, and a 2nd gen one. I hate the iPhone now. Everything about it is becoming ridiculously frustrating for me, but it's still the best phone I've used. Can't wait for a Pre...

I will be getting an iPod Touch though, in addition to the Pre. Here's to hoping that Apple comes out with a 64GB one, so I can actually put my entire music library on it.
    Definitely still in love with my iPhone and anxiously awaiting OS 3.0 and whatever new hardware is surely coming in the next couple months, but you do make a convincing case for buying a Pre and using an iPod Touch for some of its (potential) shortfalls (such as 8 GB space, which definitely wouldn't be anywhere near enough for my music collection, either)...
    I'll have both for the 30 day trial then pick one. iPhone or Pre.
    I already have an exsisting plan with 5 lines. 4 of which are available for upgrade.

As far as responsibility of each device... not even sure right now. Most likely, phone and texting on the STP and internet/instant msg/email/multimedia for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi View Post
    Absolutely with you on this!

I already own two phones, an iPhone 3G and a BB Bold. I'm a cool tech junkie I f it's cool then I'm buying it day 1! I'm gonna have the Pre and probably in a couple weeks the next generation iPhone as well.

For me it's great because when I'm at work I can demo my OWN phones for customers and it let's them know that I'm knowledgeble about the product, Which equals more sales..
    Yeah, I was really drooling over the BB Bold for months before its release, but when I finally saw it in person (just out of the box, not powered up), it felt kind of plasticky and cheap to me. Prior to that, I was ready to add an extra line to my family plan. ;-)

So I'm guessing you're already on AT&T with the first 2 phones, no stress in adding another bill each month with the Pre...?
    I'm gonna hold on to my Touch Pro for a month in case the Pre just doesn't do it for me. Touch Pro could use a nice update but it does everything I need. If the Pre can't hack it, I can always return it and re-activate the TP.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRBTempe View Post
    Definitely still in love with my iPhone and anxiously awaiting OS 3.0 and whatever new hardware is surely coming in the next couple months, but you do make a convincing case for buying a Pre and using an iPod Touch for some of its (potential) shortfalls (such as 8 GB space, which definitely wouldn't be anywhere near enough for my music collection, either)...
    I also have an Apple TV and a couple Airport Expresses- they work in conjunction to get music all throughout my place via the remote app on the iPod Touch/iPhone. I LOVE that functionality. Call me crazy, but I don't see Apple coming up with a remote app for the Pre anytime soon.

Actually, that "soon" part may actually be understated...
    Great post! I'm still gonna rock my gsm nokia 8600 luna.
    I'm sure I'm not alone in this... I've been a happy iPhone user from the very beginning (stood in long lines for both launch days!), but the Palm Pre still has a fairly strong allure for me. Lately I've been weighing the insane notion of grabbing a Pre in addition to my iPhone 3G, which of course my wife thinks is crazy talk.

I even jotted up some thoughts on the matter on my blog, if anyone is in a similar conundrum they may find it an amusing read (unfortunately I haven't made enough posts here yet to link to it, but hit my profile and you can find a link to my blog site there).

So how about you guys? I know there have to be other gadget nuts out there who would consider this scenario (and are probably already rocking with two phones right now)... right?
    I'll try out a Pre BEFORE canceling my VZN plan (I'm not under contract as I don't have a new phone--Turned in my Storm after 8 days, for refund). If the Pre works well, and the Sprint coverage seems ok within the first 30 days, then I'll ditch my favorite network coverage provider, VZN. And when I do, I hope I'm not making a gigantic mistake, discovering only well past the 30 day period, that areas I travel to/through, don't have decent coverage for voice AND for data. The risk is so great for me, that the Pre is going to have to appear to be mighty irresistible when I see it in person. There would be no other reason on earth for me to switch to Sprint...
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Still gonna keep the 700p for easier excel management. Nothin wrong with 2 phones.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Yeah, I was really drooling over the BB Bold for months before its release, but when I finally saw it in person (just out of the box, not powered up), it felt kind of plasticky and cheap to me. Prior to that, I was ready to add an extra line to my family plan. ;-)

So I'm guessing you're already on AT&T with the first 2 phones, no stress in adding another bill each month with the Pre...?
    I actually don't have two lines, just one. I brought my Bold for full retail and mainly for tethering. I usually use it when I'm at home and switch my sim card when I want to tether to my laptop. Plus I've got a great employee manager plan that Best Buy offers which is $20 bucks for 2000 minutes so that's good for me.
    I'll likely get the cheapest plan for the pre, 69 everything data plan as I won't be talking much on the pre, mainly web surfing and texting..
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    A very plausible possibility for an iPhone 3G user like me.
    I might. Original plan was to buy the Pre and sell the Centro, but given that the Centro is a piece of history now and I won't get much for it, I might as well keep it as a backup.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    im using a touch pro now but will get the touch pro2 when it drops. i will be using both the pre and the touchpro2
    I've kinda got a different dilemma. I already got two devices both on sprint. Ones a hybrid phone(ic902) and the other is 800w on Sero plan. I Don't wanna lose the sero plan but also want the Pre. So, it looks like I'll be having 3 phones on my belt.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runagun View Post
    I've kinda got a different dilemma. I already got two devices both on sprint. Ones a hybrid phone(ic902) and the other is 800w on Sero plan. I Don't wanna lose the sero plan but also want the Pre. So, it looks like I'll be having 3 phones on my belt.
    That takes geekness to a new level!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast