1.    #1  
    So I had a touch for a couple of years and looooved it. Unfortunately it stopped working and I had to get another phone pretty fast. I went with the Palm Pro. Not a bad phone and I am a big fan of WM. The problem though is the phone freezes up all to often and seems fairly slow compared to my much older touch. I like the pro, but not tied to it. So I have some overlap time between getting the pre and keeping my pro. I don't mind being a "gamma" tester, but I need it to do basic things. The biggest thing I like about WM is the appointments on the today screen. Is the pre going to display them on the "home" screen? All I read is clean and uncluttered, but my phone needs to be functional. So is the pre going to be able to do this for me. Also, are they going to go to a more mainstream USB connection with the pre or keep with the palm usb I have on my pro? How much of a smartphone is the pre going to be?

Thanks from a neebie...
    I was kind of wondering this too. One of the only funcitons I liked about my HTC Touch was that as soon as I turned the phone on, I could see what my appointments were for the day.

How will the pre implement our appointments, is the only way to see them is to open the calendar application? It won't be a huge deal if this is the case cuz I'll probably just have a calendar app open at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    I was kind of wondering this too. One of the only funcitons I liked about my HTC Touch was that as soon as I turned the phone on, I could see what my appointments were for the day.

How will the pre implement our appointments, is the only way to see them is to open the calendar application? It won't be a huge deal if this is the case cuz I'll probably just have a calendar app open at all times.
    There's videos showing events bringing notifications before hand.
  4.    #4  
    So the answer is no then?
    There is no today screen or home screen. Some third-party may make an app that emulates such functionality, but the Pre will not do so out of the box.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by jar3232 View Post
    So the answer is no then?
    Your daily agenda does not show on the home screen, no.

You can have it open on a card if you'd like so you could easily switch to it, and you can set notifications to pop up prior to events.
  7.    #7  
    So the "home" screen is blank? That sounds inefficient...

Ah well, thanks for the info...
    Quote Originally Posted by jar3232 View Post
    So the "home" screen is blank? That sounds inefficient...

Ah well, thanks for the info...
    It's not blank-- it's made up of all the open cards you have open.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the responses...

In terms of target crowd is the PRE going to be oriented towards the business or personal world?
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    There is no today screen or home screen. Some third-party may make an app that emulates such functionality, but the Pre will not do so out of the box.
    Well, since developers cannot read calendar data other than their own app, a third party Today screen would be quite difficult.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    THis is one of the things I am really missing from my Treo. I used the calander agenda view every day to see what appointments I had coming up and what task I had due and I do not see any functionality that matches this right now. I can't even get the tasks to sort by date due so what is the point? There is some great stuff but this is a problem for a smart phone to not have an "agenda view". It syncs with Google calendar and it has an agenda view.