Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. vnx
    So basically I found out that one of my friend's friend's dad works at palm and that he's been carrying around the pre for quite some time. I had about an hour to mess around with it and all I can say is that it is fantastic. I had a iphone to compare it with right next to me. I have a video of it too although it was taken on my motorola q9c. I will up load it soon.

Anyway, from what you've all read, the keyboard itself is really small and could have difficulties typing on it if you're not a tiny asian girl. the phone itself feels amazing within my grips, the back was matte finished and webOS was very smooth. The only problem was that the slider wasn't as refined as say... the G1 where it slides out quickly. Please keep in mind that this was the alpha/beta version of the phone and all the kinks weren't smoothed out yet.

Also, photos were great, no video yet but the 3mp cam does do quite a fantastic job on the stills.

The phone is considerably smaller than my Motorola q9c. The only new foreign programs taht i saw was the New York Times app. otherwise, its what you've all expected. From what the guy said, the battery is just like treo and lasts just as long.

So far, I am reallly impressed and I really want that phone in my pocket on June 6th.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I know I'm new, but I've been reading you're posts for quite some time. I've been interested in the Pre since CES.

My only gripe so far is the keyboard because it is quite small.
    new york times app? awesome!

Did you happen to see how it imported google contacts? The emulators show it to import every single contact (every person you've emailed on your account) instead of just the list of people you actually have contact with.

Did you happen to get any calls on it to test out call quality?
    Quote Originally Posted by vnx View Post
    ...the keyboard itself is really small and could have difficulties typing on it if you're not a tiny asian girl....

...My only gripe so far is the keyboard because it is quite small.
    I am an Electrician and I have big hands. I thought the same thing about the Treo Pro at first, but I adjusted to it over time.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Is the Pre browser faster than Safari?
    post that video please.
    do you think the keyboard is smaller than a blackberry curve.
    Last edited by Young HoV 718; 05/25/2009 at 09:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    You said you had an iPhone to compare it with, so I'm assuming you're familiar with it. In terms of size, how does it compare to the iPhone's keyboard? In all reality, the iPhone's keyboard is miniscule (it's only two inches wide), and I believe the Pre's is actually bigger. What did you think? Did it seem bigger/smaller?
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I am an Electrician and I have big hands. I thought the same thing about the Treo Pro at first, but I adjusted to it over time.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I picked up a TP in Best Buy and went "yuck" - can't use that (I currently have a Touch Pro and came from a Q9c). That's one think that I am going to have to get used to also. Heck, if everyone can learn to type on a iPhone screen, I am sure people can adjust to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    Is the Pre browser faster than Safari?
    The Pre browser is basically Safari. It uses Webkit, here's the user-agent.

Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The Pre browser is basically Safari. It uses Webkit, here's the user-agent.

Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0
    OK, then is the browser on the pre faster than the browser on the iPhone?
    Yes. Most likely due to the hardware... but there can be software rendering optimizations also.
    It can also be because of the network...

Anyway, I agree with the other posts, I have huge hands and can type on the Centro and Treo Pro. If I can do it, anyone can do it. I'm sure the Pre's keyboard is fine.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    It can also be because of the network...

Anyway, I agree with the other posts, I have huge hands and can type on the Centro and Treo Pro. If I can do it, anyone can do it. I'm sure the Pre's keyboard is fine.
    I think the pre's kb is an improvement over the centro and pros
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Where's the video? Hope it's not another 10 sec video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    I think the pre's kb is an improvement over the centro and pros
    It's definitely an improvement of the Centro's and it's supposedly just a bit wider than the Pro's. It shouldn't be impossible unless your a Asian child, it should be fine for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by moltz2323 View Post
    Where's the video? Hope it's not another 10 sec video.
    Have you seen video off a Q9c? No matter how long it is, don't expect much!
    hey you said the battery is the same as the treo ?????? what centro,755p pro which one please......
    Same as the Centro battery, I have read.
    Last edited by palandri; 05/25/2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added the word battery.

I've not used the Centro or Pro but I used to use a Treo 650. How does that keyboard relate to the others? I was quite good with that one after a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Same as the Centro, I have read.
    Keyboard? This is absolutely false.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Keyboard? This is absolutely false.
    She asked about the battery. I added the word battery

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast