Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    darth and vnx, now that you have actually touched a Pre is the withdrawal effect worse than the waiting is? lol
    lol, nah. I loved it alot, but I'd prefer Palm gets everything right out the door than have my desire to have one now fulfilled.

I'd like a fully stocked APP Catalog and kinks to be minimal, I hope the early developer program has worked out for Palm and us.
    thanks but that is an awful video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    youtube video link.
    For those that missed the video, let me summarize:

"Woot, I'm holding the Pre! You can't see sh*t, because I don't know how to control light or focus. I don't know what to look for, or what to say. Woot!"
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hamkins View Post

"Woot, I'm holding the Pre! You can't see sh*t, because I don't know how to control light or focus. I don't know what to look for, or what to say. Woot!"

Confirmed.

Let's see your "I got hold of a non-released hot PDA phone at a party and played with it for a few minutes and tried to video it with my Q9c's really crappy video capabilities" video on YouTube and then we'll compare!
  7. vnx

yeah, mind you i was a little buzzed and really excited that i was able to get my mitts on it. i wasn't trying to have the owner catch me recording the video. the video doesn't do any justice to the amount of time i spent using it, which was well over an hour.

darth and vnx, now that you have actually touched a Pre is the withdrawal effect worse than the waiting is? lol
    naw... not that much withdrawal because it'll be out soon enough.

but was there any need for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    thanks but that is an awful video.
    But it did add credibility to the report. Prior to seeing it I was thinking that vnx's post was a figment of his imagination. Particularly since the keyboard criticism seems to be at odds with most reports.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    But it did add credibility to the report. Prior to seeing it I was thinking that vnx's post was a figment of his imagination. Particularly since the keyboard criticism seems to be at odds with most reports.
    His keyboard criticism is actually DEAD ON for someone who has come from a device like the Q9c. Those keyboards were JUST GREAT at what they did. So, anything else is cramped and ineffective... he will have a learning curve on the Pre which can take a few days (maybe even weeks) to really adjust to.
    Resent you from buying the phone? A news app? You have to be kiding me. I mean... seriously???
    Lets really try to keep this on track guys. If you wanna talk politics take it to PM.

Flame fail.
    I just posted this morning about wanting the NYT app. Thanks for the info.
    Thanks for the preview!

I think the keyboard is just a matter of getting used to. I probably have the largest hands of any member on this forum (barring Shaq...yes, I know) and I have used the Centro's keyboard for a short time. It took some time to get used to it from my 700p, but I was able to make do for an hour. I didnt get up to speed, but a week or two will fix that. My main concern is the thickness behind the keyboard. That is what helps me stabilize the device while I type. But since I havent held one yet, I will reserve judgement until June 6th.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

I didn't know a Q9 had white balance and a focus ring!!! I'll have to check that out!

The video proved its point...you are a very lucky kid...but you can surely do better than Soulja Boy at the party in the background haha.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Do you think that you could get used to the keyboard on the pre? I know every keyboard on any phone, even sometimes computers for that matter require a learning curve. I thought my friend's blackberry curve keyboard was really small, but eventually I think I got used to it. At first I thought the centro's keyboard was small, but I realized that it isn't the keys that are small, it's the spacing between the keys and the fact that they are too "gummy," and there isn't a lot of resistance in the keys. Is there adequate spacing between the keys and does the pre keyboard have a lot of resistance to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by fry8 View Post
    Do you think that you could get used to the keyboard on the pre? I know every keyboard on any phone, even sometimes computers for that matter require a learning curve. I thought my friend's blackberry curve keyboard was really small, but eventually I think I got used to it. At first I thought the centro's keyboard was small, but I realized that it isn't the keys that are small, it's the spacing between the keys and the fact that they are too "gummy," and there isn't a lot of resistance in the keys. Is there adequate spacing between the keys and does the pre keyboard have a lot of resistance to them?
    I don't see myself having a problem, I could type on the Centro, the Curve, the Treo Pro, some keyboards have learning curves.

I have read and heard Palm reps say in videos that the keys are harder than the Centros, also more spaced out.
    In my opinion, this stuff is getting way too inappropriate for the non "off-topic" forums.

I'm loving all of these hands on reports lately though. I just wish I was the one able to get my hands on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    new york times app? awesome!

Did you happen to see how it imported google contacts? The emulators show it to import every single contact (every person you've emailed on your account) instead of just the list of people you actually have contact with.

Did you happen to get any calls on it to test out call quality?
    You do realize you have the option to not have Gmail automatically add emailed contacts to your address book. I'm assuming the Pre will not allow you to select since none of the Google Sync apps do.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast