Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pre On Ebay Is This Bogus!

This guy is selling a Pre on Ebay, that he doesn't have yet. The auction ends on May 27. He says he has a Pre that has been pre-ordered from Sprint that will be shipped to him on the 6th.

Palm Pre (Sprint Nextel) - eBay (item 230345105389 end time May-27-09 20:15:22 PDT)
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Hmmm... His feedback seems pretty solid. Maybe he has connections to Sprint internally but do you really want to wait til the 8th?
    He is just hoping to be able to order one via online or telesales on the 6th and be able to ship it. I'm sure he has no special connections. He's just trying to make some quick cash.
    How is he ordering without a contract. He would have to pay full price. When he orders it isn't the ESN attached to his account? Can someone explain how he can order from telesales for discounted price without attaching it to his account. Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    A bit strange... but he seems pretty confident.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  6.    #6  
    EBay never ceases to amaze me. Nobody knows how all the Treo Pro's with the 1.03 ROM that were suppose to be shipped back to Palm ended up on EBay.

Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    He is just hoping to be able to order one via online or telesales on the 6th and be able to ship it. I'm sure he has no special connections. He's just trying to make some quick cash.
    That's weird though. The only way he could make cash is if he got a bid that broke even. At $549 for a no contract Pre, you would think bidders would just order online or go to a store.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  8.    #8  
    The current bid is $355.00 usd. I wonder if it will go much higher?

Yes, he has 191 stars but look at the positive feedback percentage. 95% is risky on eBay. Buyer beware!!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    That's weird though. The only way he could make cash is if he got a bid that broke even. At $549 for a no contract Pre, you would think bidders would just order online or go to a store.
    He's not getting it for $549. He is going to get it for $199 with a contract extension and then flip it on eBay, keeping his old phone. I've done that a bunch of times; waiting for my account to qualify for the maximum upgrade discount and then just sell the phone sealed-in-box on eBay.

Or at times with T-Mobile when I want an unlocked phone not available in the US. There I would get the phone from Amazon / Wirefly, the one that cheapest and sells for the most on eBay. Heck, three years ago I got a T-Mobile Samsung T719 for -$179.99 (that's negative $180, as in I made $180 after rebates!) and then flipped it for $130 on eBay, making a cool $310 and buying myself a Nokia N73 Smartphone for $300 from a seller in Hong Kong.
    Rego Park, NY? a Pre shipment must have "accidentally" fell off the truck on its way to the Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Rego Park, NY? a Pre shipment must have "accidentally" fell off the truck on its way to the Sprint store.
    Or may be it means that ppl from NYC are more entrepreneurial.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    He's not getting it for $549. He is going to get it for $199 with a contract extension and then flip it on eBay, keeping his old phone. I've done that a bunch of times; waiting for my account to qualify for the maximum upgrade discount and then just sell the phone sealed-in-box on eBay.

Or at times with T-Mobile when I want an unlocked phone not available in the US. There I would get the phone from Amazon / Wirefly, the one that cheapest and sells for the most on eBay. Heck, three years ago I got a T-Mobile Samsung T719 for -$179.99 (that's negative $180, as in I made $180 after rebates!) and then flipped it for $130 on eBay, making a cool $310 and buying myself a Nokia N73 Smartphone for $300 from a seller in Hong Kong.
    Oh okay. Looks like a waste of an upgrade discount to me though. I see how on a GSM network it would be better since you can get unlocked phones with the profit made.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  14.    #14  
    How would he transfer the ESN, or wouldn't it be in his name? Still doesn't explain the pre-order.

Why would ANYONE buy from him if he's getting it shipped to him on the 6th, but won't have it in his possession until the 8th?? Unless you don't feel like getting up early of course and can wait a week to get your phone. This seems pointless to me, am I alone?
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Why would ANYONE buy from him if he's getting it shipped to him on the 6th, but won't have it in his possession until the 8th?? Unless you don't feel like getting up early of course and can wait a week to get your phone. This seems pointless to me, am I alone?
    I imagine to get a better price on the phone without a contract. It was $355.00 usd but it's up to $430.00 usd now. I am not sure anyone will get that good of a price by the time the auction is over.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    He's banking on the hope that:

a) It will be sold out on day one.
    b) No one would sell one without a contract.

Be prepared to see a lot more listings on eBay. A lot of ppl know it's a sought after phone and will upgrade their plans to get this phone and then just flip it on eBay...
    Over 600 now.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    He's banking on the hope that:

a) It will be sold out on day one.
    b) No one would sell one without a contract.

Be prepared to see a lot more listings on eBay. A lot of ppl know it's a sought after phone and will upgrade their plans to get this phone and then just flip it on eBay...
    I don't think he has to bank on anything now, the bids are up to $611.00 usd now.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I don't think he has to bank on anything now, the bids are up to $611.00 usd now.
    Auction style listing's are pretty bad; often ppl don't pay. All my listings are "buy it now" and require instant PayPal payments; and I haven't listed an auction style listing in years. The iPhone went for upto $1500 buy-it-now, but since these Pre's are CDMA, I don't expect them to go over a $1000.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast