Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Auction style listing's are pretty bad; often ppl don't pay. All my listings are "buy it now" and require instant PayPal payments; and I haven't listed an auction style listing in years. The iPhone went for upto $1500 buy-it-now, but since these Pre's are CDMA, I don't expect them to go over a $1000.
    But don't we think the Pre without a contract is going to be around $579 +/- a hundred dollars?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    But don't we think the Pre without a contract is going to be around $579 +/- a hundred dollars?
    Again, a lot of ppl will be banking on the hope that it will get sold out. Trust me, lots of clueless ppl out there.

Remember the original iPhone launch? Ppl wait in lines for days. Not me. On opening night me and my friend went to the local Apple store at 11pm and walked out with 2 8GB iPhones each within 5 minutes. I spent perhaps 2 hours of my life on selling both of mine on eBay and made a cool $500!
    No LIVE pics/boxshots, not even a hint of realism here.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    No LIVE pics/boxshots, not even a hint of realism here.
    How is he going to have box shots when he doesn't even have them yet?
    Bids are up to $621 now. I wonder if this is one of idreamofwireless's 30 or so eBay accounts he was bragging of over in the Treo Pro forum?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #26  
    I am just surprised that EBay allows him to sell something he doesn't have.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Its a presale. The bid right now is over $600 which is more than buying it outright i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by twigg View Post
    Its a presale. The bid right now is over $600 which is more than buying it outright i believe.
    Not if you're shopping at Best Buy it isn't......

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I am just surprised that EBay allows him to sell something he doesn't have.
    eBay allows an item to be listed if it has a public availability date, and the auction clearly states the delivery of the product.

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    eBay allows an item to be listed if it has a public availability date, and the auction clearly states the delivery of the product.

I am not up to date on EBay policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    How is he going to have box shots when he doesn't even have them yet?
    What is the point of selling it then?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    He's not getting it for $549. He is going to get it for $199 with a contract extension and then flip it on eBay, keeping his old phone. I've done that a bunch of times; waiting for my account to qualify for the maximum upgrade discount and then just sell the phone sealed-in-box on eBay....
    What you said makes sense, but someone asked him that question and that's not what he said. It's posted now under his auction. he said:

I preordered it because i am an affiliate with a company that has access to preorders from sprint. If for some reason I do not get the phone, I will give you a full refund. As you can see, I have been an ebay member for many years and have the feedback to prove that this is not a hit and run. Happy Bidding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12