Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 76 of 76
  1. #61  
    just like the fanboys here that say if we don't like the cloud, the Pre is not for us... same shmucks. different product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Wow, typical Fanboi response.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  2. twigg's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Also, ATT has no 3G in Kerrville (Of course), even though Verizon and Sprint have EVDO all around me. If I travel to Austin, I can play with an iPhone 3G... But I can count on it constantly dropping in and out of 3G... Even with updated firmware and all. Maybe the fastest network... If it's 2am and you're standing perfectly still.
    Do you remember those AT&T commercials a while back about AT&T's lack of dropped calls?
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I don't care. AT&T is GSM and those are some excellent business GSM phones. They have a solid line-up.
    Agreed, which is why I'm only suspending my account until a decent Android phone or next Palm webOS phone hits At&t. I will be using the Pre on Sprint for awhile, but will be happily ready to switch back. I love the selection that I have with At&t not to mention the 3G speeds I've been getting. Not saying Sprint can't offer those speeds, but I love the flexibility that At&t offers me.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Actually, I am going to try the Pre and see.
    I really am not trying to be funny.
    But considering how much time you spent completely tearing apart the Pre in your post, why would you waste money on such an inferior device? I am not sure that makes sense to me.....an maybe its not intended to make sense to me.
  5. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    I really am not trying to be funny.
    But considering how much time you spent completely tearing apart the Pre in your post, why would you waste money on such an inferior device? I am not sure that makes sense to me.....an maybe its not intended to make sense to me.
    It's called "early adopter gadget addiction"- it defies logic.
  6. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #66  
    I bet that a significant number of forum posters here have this affliction, although many are still in denial...
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I bet that a significant number of forum posters here have this affliction, although many are still in denial...
    Oh, I am fully aware of my problem and admit it happily.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    It's called "early adopter gadget addiction"- it defies logic.
    ahhhhhhh......
    I gotcha.

    It all makes sense to me now....carry on.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    Over at Endgadet, they are showing 14 new phones that are being released on AT&T's network.......they must be nervous
    Back to the original post .... Thinking At&t is 'nervous' is not accurate. THis is a hugh company, w/ the current champion of smart phones. Leaking this may have been due to the pre, but it was a defensive business tactic, not a sign the CEO is shakin' in his boots.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    This thread is really annoying. Accept that neither the Pre or iPhone is for everyone, that many people are biased, and move on..
    ur a wise man :-)
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  10. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #70  
    I really think AT&T's wireless unit is worried silly about Verizon taking away the iPhone. That would be a major blow. Right or wrong, Verizon is perceived as the superior network in the U.S. by many and it could potentially cause a major loss of customers to Verizon.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Back to the original post .... Thinking At&t is 'nervous' is not accurate. THis is a hugh company, w/ the current champion of smart phones. Leaking this may have been due to the pre, but it was a defensive business tactic, not a sign the CEO is shakin' in his boots.



    ur a wise man :-)
    I was being facetious when I said AT&T would be nervous. Are they nervous, No - is the Pre making them make some tactical business decisions, YES! Such as wanting to make sure all their current (and to some extent their potential) customers are aware of what is to be coming to their network to try to keep them from jumping ship. Its a basic marketing tactic. All I was saying is it's not keeping me from leaving, and I am sure there are quite a few more AT&T subscribers like me. And I am sure the suits over at Sprint would consider it a minor coup.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  12.    #72  
    O.K., after sitting down and reading these posts, i don't quite understand the complaint about 8GB's? Maybe its just me, but from day one, "I" believed the iPhone was built largely around being an iPod - therefore justifying why you want so much storage capacity. When I did have an iPhone I had over 120 apps (kept my music on my iTouch), had over 1300 contacts and was only using 1.8 GB's.

    Also, I think people tend to forget the iPhone initially sold for $499 (4GB) and $599 (8GB) respectively. Is it an uphill battle for Palm and Sprint? ABSOLUTELY, but I think they definitely are on the right track!

    Finally, I'm not bagging on the iPhone, I had one, plus I have a couple iPods and I am typing this on a Mac - but the main reason I am jumping ship is I see the iPhone as a great basic phone with an awesome web browser, but primarily an iPod on steroids. Palm was the original,and IMHO, the best PIM out there. THAT is why I am going back to Palm - their calendar, contacts, etc. - plus it looks like they have a winner on their hands with their browser. And to top it off, I have over 55 GB's of music on my iPod - so even if Apple releases a 32GB it wouldn't be enough for me.......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    AT&T nervous- not a chance.
    Of course not. Matter of fact, AT&T is happy about the new Palms, after all, they'll be selling the Eos later this year.

    1. Pre- Can't go on Internet and call at the same time. Same for email. Really bad. Deal killer for me.
    6. Pre- A CDMA device- can't use in most countries overseas.
    Valid complaints if you're willing to put up with AT&T or any of the other GSM carriers. I've had bad luck with AT&T billing and refusing to unlock older phones to allow them to travel internationally, so I'll stick with Sprint. If I need to travel internationally I'll pick up a cheap GSM phone that I'm willing to lose.

    You can wait for the GSM Eos. I hear it'll come out for AT&T roughly the same time as the iPhone 3.

    2. Pre- Only 8 gig memory- new iPhone rumored to have 32. Just my music takes up 5 gigs.
    3. Pre- No visual voicemail.
    Also valid, if you want those features. I've never liked using my phone as a music player b/c I use the heck out of the internet. I've transferred something like 2.5GB over my Centro in 9 months while my 4GB SD card is less than half full.

    7. Pre- smaller screen.
    11. Pre- no ability to touch screen type when one does not want to use the hard keyboard.
    Those are advantages to some people. I find the iPhone too large and I didn't like the onscreen keyboard.


    8. Pre- no itunes direct syncing.
    9. Pre- Limited Mac compatibility. Will have to buy Mark Space.
    The first isn't Palm's fault; blame Apple for having such a restrained environment. The second is more of a red herring since there's no major PC component to the Pre. Both systems will recognize it as a USB storage device, letting you move media/files over as you will.


    I have spent the last week trying diligently to figure out if I wanted a Pre and looked at every angle I could, but have become convinced to keep my iPhone 3G. I think the new iPhone will have features that further distance the iPhone from the Pre. Sorry, but I think the main purchasers of the Pre will be Palm owners already on Sprint.

    I disagree. I think the Pre is actually focused at the same market as the Centro users, meaning people who want to step up from the normal messenger phones to something that's a full blown "smart" device.

    The iPhone is doing well but it's far from a sizeable minority of phone devices, meaning there are plenty of people who for one reason or another won't or can't get one. Part of that is probably price, and the overall cost of a Pre will be less than the iPhone thanks to the sprint's monthly pricing.

    I suspect a large number of the younger crowd who have passed on the iphone are addicts to the messenger/texting phones who have thumbs able to type like lightning that reject the lack of a physical keyboard. The Pre and it's sibling the Eos will call to them, especially as these are the twittering myspacebook denizens who are already part of "the cloud".

    It's also a fallacy to think that the Pre has to "defeat" the iPhone. The Jetta TDI is a nice vehicle but it has a different target audience from the Ford Focus, despite both of them being small, fuel efficient cars.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    O.K., after sitting down and reading these posts, i don't quite understand the complaint about 8GB's? Maybe its just me, but from day one, "I" believed the iPhone was built largely around being an iPod - therefore justifying why you want so much storage capacity. When I did have an iPhone I had over 120 apps (kept my music on my iTouch), had over 1300 contacts and was only using 1.8 GB's.

    Also, I think people tend to forget the iPhone initially sold for $499 (4GB) and $599 (8GB) respectively. Is it an uphill battle for Palm and Sprint? ABSOLUTELY, but I think they definitely are on the right track!

    Finally, I'm not bagging on the iPhone, I had one, plus I have a couple iPods and I am typing this on a Mac - but the main reason I am jumping ship is I see the iPhone as a great basic phone with an awesome web browser, but primarily an iPod on steroids. Palm was the original,and IMHO, the best PIM out there. THAT is why I am going back to Palm - their calendar, contacts, etc. - plus it looks like they have a winner on their hands with their browser. And to top it off, I have over 55 GB's of music on my iPod - so even if Apple releases a 32GB it wouldn't be enough for me.......
    Some people like carrying more music than you.
    Some people like storing more pictures than you.
    Some people like storing more videos than you
    Some people like to download more movies and podcasts from the itunes store than you do.

    You can choose any or all of the above.
  15. #75  
    I choose the videos. I have a ton of movies that I enjoy listening or watching when flying or in waiting rooms. I felt the same way about 8GB being more than enough when i first got the iPhone, but quickly realized I needed more.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I really think AT&T's wireless unit is worried silly about Verizon taking away the iPhone. That would be a major blow. Right or wrong, Verizon is perceived as the superior network in the U.S. by many and it could potentially cause a major loss of customers to Verizon.
    It won't happen because Apple want the IPhone to be an international phone, that's a big selling point. It will always be a GSM phone.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions