1.    #1  
    I got an appointment for Saturday morning, but I've checked back and now all the appointments for Saturday and Sunday are taken, but also for Friday! Why would all the appointments be taken for Friday when the release is Saturday??
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I would think that is for current Sprint Premier subscribers wanting to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcydon View Post
    I got an appointment for Saturday morning, but I've checked back and now all the appointments for Saturday and Sunday are taken, but also for Friday! Why would all the appointments be taken for Friday when the release is Saturday??
    so do you have an appointment still set or not?

for shiits and giggles, i just checked my local store on the online system and June 5 and 6 are both blacked out for the whole day.
    I tried that too, on Wednesday, and the appointments were all grayed out for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. So much for trying to be smart and making sure I was on top of things. Guess we're going to have to (take off of work - if you are like me), get up early, and hope to be first in line in front of all the other Prefans who are aching to get their hands on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    I tried that too, on Wednesday, and the appointments were all grayed out for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. So much for trying to be smart and making sure I was on top of things. Guess we're going to have to (take off of work - if you are like me), get up early, and hope to be first in line in front of all the other Prefans who are aching to get their hands on one.
    i'm hoping i can cut the line with my Premier invite email. if this was the club, i'd just tip the bouncer a twenty.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I got one on June 6 for 9am with the Pre Advocate. Got it last Friday by calling and asking for them, and they then set it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    I got one on June 6 for 9am with the Pre Advocate. Got it last Friday by calling and asking for them, and they then set it up.
    I think 1 hour is enough for the pre to be sold out depending on your location and inventory...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    so do you have an appointment still set or not?

for shiits and giggles, i just checked my local store on the online system and June 5 and 6 are both blacked out for the whole day.
    Yea, I've got an appointment for 9am on the 6th (the earliest possible for anyone on the Sprint website). The store typically opens at 10 on Saturdays, but if they open early at 8, I guess that means I won't be first? I hope there's plenty of inventory. I have no idea what the lines will be like but I don't feel like getting there when.. 7am? earlier?
    Last edited by jcydon; 05/24/2009 at 11:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I hope they cancel all the appointments. Pre, first come, first served.
    I must of been out of the loop this weekend (had to work 10 hr shifts). What appointments are you guys talking about?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Im with you Musician. I've never heard of having appointments and I was here last night.
    Am I to assume you lot are trying to set appointments (like if you would want for any other day) but in this particular instance, the weekend of the Pre release?
    Can someone clue me in what the benefits of setting up an appointment would be? Do they just walk through the setup with you or something?
    Spoke to my local store's Pre advocate today. I was upgrading three other phones so he was stuck with me for a while. But buying three phones was not enough to earn even a distant glance at the Pre.

He said his store has had LOTS of requests already. Enough to sell out any other phone the store has ever carried. But they aren't even making a list, and they are NOT selling any phones on June 5. Nothing until the store opens June 6. They will be opening early, and he expects a long line waiting when the doors open. He is certain that their entire stock will be gone in the first hour, if not sooner. First come, first served.

I'm hoping that 5am will be early enough, but I'm thinking about just camping out.

Other areas may be different. But dangit, I'm not waiting until August.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'll give someone my appointment in Raleigh. I have one for June 6, but decided finally yesterday not to get the Pre.