Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I've been doing a lot of reading on the Pre's ability to sync existing contacts and information from my Google contacts, but I'm wondering, how can I prepare for the upcoming sync and phone features? As it stands, I have a palm Centro with over 300 contacts and a gmail account with more than a thousand email addy's. I'm hopeful the Pre will figure out who's who, but other than importing my palm contacts into google, can you think of anything else I can do in advance? Maybe load photos to Picassa that I'll want on the phone? Make a music folder? What else?

(God, the anticipation is killing me!)
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    buy a tent (if you don't have one), charge your laptop (don't forget your mobile card), pack snacks, don't bring too much too drink (you know you don't want to get out of line to use the bathroom).
    Last edited by neile45; 05/24/2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Are you kidding me? There are tons of threats out about this.. not to mention articles on phonedog, phonescoop, phonearena, etc etc. This is just getting ridiculous already.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Are you kidding me? There are tons of threats out about this.. not to mention articles on phonedog, phonescoop, phonearena, etc etc. This is just getting ridiculous already.
    There are some threads on here with 5 dupes. It is a fact of forum life. Nothing we can really do about it. It is going to happen.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I say we go on about our normal lives. It's just a phone. A hopefully great phone but still just a phone.
    Go on sprint.com, then precentral, then back to sprint.com. then palm.com, back to precentral hit refresh about 25 times and repeat the process from beginning to end lol
    Buy a bus. Then go out and buy a 40 acre lot. jam celltowers in each corner of that lot. jam a house somewhere in the middle of that lot. now sit your azz down on a couch in the middle of that house when ya get the pre and test the reception. THAT'S what you're SUPPOSED to be doing in preparation. You haven't done this already?

Seriously, these types of threads are asinine.
    Store up 100 gallons of water just in case. Next buy all the rubber bands you can get your hands on. Then buy a year's worth of twinkies.

Do all of that, and you should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenjim View Post
    I've been doing a lot of reading on the Pre's ability to sync existing contacts and information from my Google contacts, but I'm wondering, how can I prepare for the upcoming sync and phone features? As it stands, I have a palm Centro with over 300 contacts and a gmail account with more than a thousand email addy's. I'm hopeful the Pre will figure out who's who, but other than importing my palm contacts into google, can you think of anything else I can do in advance? Maybe load photos to Picassa that I'll want on the phone? Make a music folder? What else?

(God, the anticipation is killing me!)
    Have you seen the movie, "American Beauty"?

If so, do you recall the scene where Lester exclaims to his wife, after she interrupted their coziness to sternly warn him he was about to spill beer on the couch? His exact words, "IT'S JUST A COUCH!!!!!" (No matter that to her, being a $4,000 Italian silk sofa made it "special")

Yes, many of us cell phone users ARE anxious to see if the Pre lives up to the hype, but it IS still JUST a phone. After you've had it for a day, it will be "just a phone", albeit MAYBE a nice one. Life goes on, with or without it. Trust me on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Have you seen the movie, "American Beauty"?

If so, do you recall the scene where Lester exclaims to his wife, after she interrupted their coziness to sternly warn him he was about to spill beer on the couch? His exact words, "IT'S JUST A COUCH!!!!!" (No matter that to her, being a $4,000 Italian silk sofa made it "special")

Yes, many of us cell phone users ARE anxious to see if the Pre lives up to the hype, but it IS still JUST a phone. After you've had it for a day, it will be "just a phone", albeit MAYBE a nice one. Life goes on, with or without it. Trust me on that one.
    Great movie! Great analogy!
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Great movie! Great analogy!

<VBG> Thanks! It's one of my favorites and as far as a the genre of drama, I think it's THE best of it's kind. I've watched it at least a dozen times. Some movies just are so much fun (Back to the Future), or so engrossing and thought provoking, that they are worth watching over and over. Oh, for comedies... Office Space is our fav. That turned out to be cult classic with little attention paid to it when it was show in theaters. I've never known anyone that has seen that movie not to have loved it.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicanS4 View Post
    I say we go on about our normal lives. It's just a phone. A hopefully great phone but still just a phone.
    Not to be an a-hole ... but saying its just a phone, just shows that you just dont get it...

For some of us, we have been Palm supporters for over 10 years, and over the last couple of years we have all had to put up with the media and public sheep literally on their knees (insert whatever metaphor you like )... for the Apple JesusPhone...

...Right now, it is do or die for Palm, and I personally feel they came out with all guns blazing (and so does lots of others), ...

We are ridiculously excited and (definitely including myself)... we are a little obsessed at the moment...

So ending my little rant, it not just a phone to us...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Wow. Forgive me for wanting to be prepared. I was simply asking what tasks could be done in advance. I thought for some reason that this was a forum. I realize that it's just a phone, but since my phone is indelibly attached to my work, I don't want to be out of communication for an hour much less a day, or have erroneous information on the phone. If there are multiple articles on other sites, I will search them out, as obviously I can't find help here.
    <VBG> Thanks! It's one of my favorites and as far as a the genre of drama, I think it's THE best of it's kind. I've watched it at least a dozen times. Some movies just are so much fun (Back to the Future), or so engrossing and thought provoking, that they are worth watching over and over. Oh, for comedies... Office Space is our fav. That turned out to be cult classic with little attention paid to it when it was show in theaters. I've never known anyone that has seen that movie not to have loved it.
    HAHA! Office Space definitely a classic! I actually have a post on here from awhile back for a Palm pre commercial idea... It will show Milton holding his Pre and Lumbergh walks up to him and says "What's happening?" (Sprint's business motto) and takes away his Pre. Then it shows Milton saying "He took my Palm pre and I'm going to set this place on fire" LMAO!!!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Get some sort of therapy or special lotion or medication to lessen the sweat production of our index finger.
    do nothing. just hold tight until you get your PRE.
    Synchronize your contacts with an Exchange Server or Google, buy a Treo 800w battery charger (probably, strange Palm hasn't listed it as compatible yet), and order the Invisible Shield with the 50% discount this week. Other than that, watch the videos to learn how to use it.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Read the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    HAHA! Office Space definitely a classic! I actually have a post on here from awhile back for a Palm pre commercial idea... It will show Milton holding his Pre and Lumbergh walks up to him and says "What's happening?" (Sprint's business motto) and takes away his Pre. Then it shows Milton saying "He took my Palm pre and I'm going to set this place on fire" LMAO!!!
    Awesome! IF you can find it, PLEASE link to it! TIA.

Love Office Space....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast