Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi View Post
    Love Office Space....
    I believe you have my Swingline stapler.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Not to be an a-hole ... but saying its just a phone, just shows that you just dont get it...

For some of us, we have been Palm supporters for over 10 years, and over the last couple of years we have all had to put up with the media and public sheep literally on their knees (insert whatever metaphor you like )... for the Apple JesusPhone...

...Right now, it is do or die for Palm, and I personally feel they came out with all guns blazing (and so does lots of others), ...

We are ridiculously excited and (definitely including myself)... we are a little obsessed at the moment...

So ending my little rant, it not just a phone to us...
    You don't have to be a Palm supporter to be "ridiculously excited" or "obsessed", I am both of those. It's just technology. I get so freaking crazy about new devices and phones. Last Palm I had was the Samsung SGH I-500, That phone was sweet. A flip touchscreen. I have the iPhone now, but this one should beat it so here I go. My wife always makes fun of me and reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite's brother when he sings, "I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But I STILL love technology... Always and forever"
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Actually I expect that it will be possible to to run your Pre with all your PIM data local only.

There is a demand for non-cloud PIM storage, and I think that someone will make a product for this market.

With the announcement that Mark/Space will have a product at or near launch, we have a possible vendor for that product. They make a USB sync program for the Mac that syncs just about anything you can think of with Palm OS devices.

Can't wait to see what they will offer.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Actually I expect that it will be possible to to run your Pre with all your PIM data local only.

There is a demand for non-cloud PIM storage, and I think that someone will make a product for this market.

With the announcement that Mark/Space will have a product at or near launch, we have a possible vendor for that product. They make a USB sync program for the Mac that syncs just about anything you can think of with Palm OS devices.

Can't wait to see what they will offer.
    I hope your right. I have exchange at work but there is no way they will allow a pre to use it. They have a list of certain "IT approved" devices that can be used. I would love to continue to just connect my phone to the PC and sync through Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Have you seen the movie, "American Beauty"?

If so, do you recall the scene where Lester exclaims to his wife, after she interrupted their coziness to sternly warn him he was about to spill beer on the couch? His exact words, "IT'S JUST A COUCH!!!!!" (No matter that to her, being a $4,000 Italian silk sofa made it "special")

Yes, many of us cell phone users ARE anxious to see if the Pre lives up to the hype, but it IS still JUST a phone. After you've had it for a day, it will be "just a phone", albeit MAYBE a nice one. Life goes on, with or without it. Trust me on that one.
    If its 'just a phone' why are you on message boards reading about it? You're likely just as excited but ticked there isn't any new info due to the weekend. Chill out! Monday is here!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I hope your right. I have exchange at work but there is no way they will allow a pre to use it. They have a list of certain "IT approved" devices that can be used. I would love to continue to just connect my phone to the PC and sync through Outlook.
    All devices on your IT approved list got there the same way.

No reason a Pre can't make it to the list.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    All devices on your IT approved list got there the same way.

No reason a Pre can't make it to the list.
    I can't get my iPhone on there and I've been asking for it for a long time. They are very pro Blackberry. But who knows? Maybe they'll wise up.
    I organized all my files (did a little clean up of my laptop) just to make sure I have what I need to store on the phone. With that said..

This cycle of excitement, anticipation, frustration, impatience, anger, and relief will start all over when Palm introduces the next phones in the webOS lineup.
    I can't get my iPhone on there and I've been asking for it for a long time. They are very pro Blackberry. But who knows? Maybe they'll wise up.
    Where I work we only allow Blackberrys that are provided by us. Granted we deal with VERY important information, we need to make sure of the integrity and availability of data is protected. With that said, any place you work that allows desktop syncing has no reason not to support the cloud. If the information you are dealing with is so secret, it shouldn't be stored on a machine where data cannot be backed up like on a server and could easily be stolen by a disgruntled employee. Having data in a centralized location prevents that from happening and allows an IT staff to cut that person's access to that information away immediately.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    You don't have to be a Palm supporter to be "ridiculously excited" or "obsessed", I am both of those. It's just technology. I get so freaking crazy about new devices and phones. Last Palm I had was the Samsung SGH I-500, That phone was sweet. A flip touchscreen. I have the iPhone now, but this one should beat it so here I go. My wife always makes fun of me and reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite's brother when he sings, "I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But I STILL love technology... Always and forever"
    I too loved the I500! As noted in my signature file! I love the separate screen and graffiti area!
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    If its 'just a phone' why are you on message boards reading about it? You're likely just as excited but ticked there isn't any new info due to the weekend. Chill out! Monday is here!
    I don't have to be overly excited (as some on the forum seem to be) in order to view the top 3 Pre forums online, in order to glean a bit of info about the Pre. I'm on lots of forums, so the fact I'm also here shouldn't be taken as my being a fanboi--just interested in the topic of a new phone, having given up on a Storm after a week. I still want to get a smartphone. This one seems to be the most likely candidate at the moment.

YOU are the one who needs to chill. No need for you to be so presumptuous about my reasons for posting here.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Hire someone to stand in line for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by eguy View Post
    i believe you have my swingline stapler.
    milton rules!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12