1.    #1  
    I got a Sprint Centro last year, after several years of being a Verizon Treo customer. I get a 25% corporate discount with Sprint, but was told that discount did not apply to the Everything Plan. I ended up going with a Vision Plus + messaging plan that got me pretty much the same thing for $75, including insurance, after discount.

Does anyone know whether Sprint plans to offer corporate discounts for the Everything plan for the Pre? Currently I can expense roughly $100 a month, but there are rumors our expensable amount will soon be reduced to $50. Also, my wife gets the discount, too, and looking at $60/month more for her plan may swing our decision to migrate to the Pre.

Thanks for any info.
    I don't think the discounts are phone-specific at all, since they apply to the rate plans.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I'm in the same boat. I asked them and they said there will be no corporate discounts on the $99 Simply Everything plan. It looks like you will be limited to the Everything Data-450 talk plan. I spoke with and chatted with different reps to make sure I got the same answer and they all told me the same. Maybe they're training is getting better. I remember years ago, every time I would call I would get a different answer.
    for device - it is my understanding that you will get the "lesser of" new contract price (assuming new 2 year contract) OR MSRP minus your corporate discount. ie -

you pay lesser of -

$299 - MIR = $199

OR

$549 - MIR *IF* applicable - X% corporate discount

for Plan, i know for sure that there is no corporate discount that applies for the "Simply Everything" $99 plan and i think no discount for any of the other "Everything" plans either.
    Suggest you look at this link.

Palm Pre Plan Choices « Inside Sprint Now
  6.    #6  
    *grumble*

Thanks for the replies. There's plenty of posts here griping about pricing, so I won't pile on here... other than to say that it's discouraging for Sprint to be pricing this in a way (around 2x my current costs, it appears) that's making it hard for me to justify a jump to the phone I really want.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    *grumble*

Thanks for the replies. There's plenty of posts here griping about pricing, so I won't pile on here... other than to say that it's discouraging for Sprint to be pricing this in a way (around 2x my current costs, it appears) that's making it hard for me to justify a jump to the phone I really want.
    My sentiments exactly! We'll see how much leeway Telesales/Retention has in "creatively" reducing plan costs to come close to what I'm currently paying.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I have had the Instinct for the last ~year. I was able to choose either the $69 450 minute +data plan or the $89 900 minute +data plan and still use my 27% corp discount.

They told me the $99 Everything Unlimited Talk plan was not eligible for the discount. I chose the $89 plan and ended up paying ~$65. I can't complain too much.

On Friday, I also just added my GF to my account and "upgraded" to the 1500 minute Family Share + Data plan for $129. I still get the 27% corp discount on that one too and I will be able to use the Pre on that plan once it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate1971 View Post
    ... "upgraded" to the 1500 minute Family Share + Data plan for $129....
    Just curious, how many people that have a 1500 minute shared plan come close to using 1500 minutes?

Reason I am asking, I have a 700 minute shared plan with my wife. I may use 60 minutes of that in a month. My wife on the other hand uses a lot minutes, but most of her minutes don't count. She calls her sister a lot, but her sister has T-mobile and it's free. She called her mother every weekend and talks for several hours, but that's free. With the other calls my wife makes, she'll use about 120 minutes in a month. So out of 700 minutes we use about 180 minutes.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's