View Poll Results: Will you wait for 16GB?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, waiting for 16GB

9 8.65%
  • No, I NEED THE PRE NOW!!!

92 88.46%
  • Have to wait for upgrade so will decide when it happens...

3 2.88%
  • My SERO plan means more to me than any option.

2 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How many are willing to wait fo news of a 16GB Pre to be released? Or will you just sell your 8GB Pre and pay the difference for retail? My only fear now is getting the 8GB and falling behind once 16GB is released. I plan on conitnuing to use my Instinct for music, pictures, and movies but as nice as the PRE looks I worry i will switch all over to my PRE and have no more space for new apps or something that comes out? Any help?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I'm not waiting 8GB is enough space for me.
    I've had my blackberry for a year and it only has a 1 gig card in it and I've never run out of space. The 8 gig on the pre should be good enough for me.

I cant imagine running out of space for apps as they cant be that large. I can see running out of space for media if you use alot.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I've had my blackberry for a year and it only has a 1 gig card in it and I've never run out of space. The 8 gig on the pre should be good enough for me.

I cant imagine running out of space for apps as they cant be that large. I can see running out of space for media if you use alot.
    I have an 8GB on my Blackberry and i don't overload it at all. But i also store all my music on my iPod classic 30GB.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    No matter when you get it, the next version is always going to be better, whether it's more storage, a faster processor, higher-resolution, whatever. I'm disappointed that the intro model is only 8GB, but it's not a showstopper for me.
    Using a 16GB card on my 680 trying to cope with my daily music obsession, I'd accept going for a diet momentarily...
    I won't be using my Pre for music anyway, as I use my Zune + Zune Pass for that. Without music, I don't really need much space. My documents are tiny of course, and the few videos I'd watch aren't really priority material.
    Now another thought, since this thing has wifi, it would be pretty cool if I could stream audio/video off my media server at home. That would lessen my reliance on the flash memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Now another thought, since this thing has wifi, it would be pretty cool if I could stream audio/video off my media server at home. That would lessen my reliance on the flash memory.
    MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

or

Orb and Kinoma Collaborate on Media Streaming
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I cleaned out my itunes recently and only have 9 gbs of music. Of that 9 gbs, I probably only listen to 3 or 4. 8 gbs is enough for me, so I don't feel the need to wait for a 16gb.
    I've had a 4gb card on my 755p for about 18 months or so and it's still over 80% free. 8gb will be fine for me.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Same here. 2gb on my treo 800w and no where near full.. I will have a lot of space to fill.
    Personally, I will never use 8GB. I do understand that some people want the option of expansion, though.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I would love to wait for the 16 GB...but my 700p is just too old and its having a bad day today (two soft resets), so I gotta get the 8 GB when it comes out. 8GB is way to small for me personally...I have my 30 GB 605 full, 16 GB Touch full, and 2 4 GB SD cards full for my treo...
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Ya...

My BB curve only has a 2gig card it in, but thats just for the "on the fly" spontaneous picture that I must take. Be-it of my daughter, or something thats just in front of me...

So 8 gigs is pleeeeeeeenty!

I'm not a music person, i love music but I'm not going to kill the battery playing it non stop...
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinZ View Post
    No matter when you get it, the next version is always going to be better, whether it's more storage, a faster processor, higher-resolution, whatever. I'm disappointed that the intro model is only 8GB, but it's not a showstopper for me.
    This

8gb sucks. But I also have a 120gb Zune that I use for music and videos. Especially if we get some sort of Sling Box support, 8gb is 100% fine for Apps alone.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    I've been used to my 16gb iPod Touch but I'm just going to have to downsize on music, videos, and pictures.
    8GB is plenty for me. i have about ~2MB of PIM data and ~42MB of docs/files. most docs/files stored on SD card. i stream fresh new audio/video as needed. stored media gets stale, dull, repetitive, and boring quickly IMO and i don't enjoy endlessly buying and collecting it.

i currently use a 128MB (68.8MB user storage) Centro with two identical backup 2GB cards.
    None of the above. I won't be buying a Pre on day one. I'll wait and let other people find out what's good and what's not. But if I decide to buy it, 8GB isn't a deal breaker.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    8gb for me is not NEARLY enough space. I ride the bus to and from work everyday nad generally its my main source of commute so I've been relying on my 16GB iphone 3G for entertainment which only has less than 1gb of space left as it is. I'm not porting my number though, so 8GB on the pre combined with 16gb on the iphone (or hopefully 32GB when the new one is released) will definitly be enough for me.

My only real complaint is the lack of a Micro SD port. I have a 16gb card that I use for my Bold, and I STILL don't understand why it couldn't have expandable memory.

I'm a phone junkie though so its not a deal breaker, I'll still be there first day...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast