Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Can you close an application when it is full screen without going to card view to throw it off the top of the screen?

I can't recall if I've seen this in any videos.
    Last edited by onionion; 05/24/2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: misspell
    yes, press the little "X" with your stylus at the top right corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    yes, press the little "X" with your stylus at the top right corner.
    Sarcasm? There's no stylus, nor any x that I've ever seen in any videos. I don't think there is a way, but why would you need to? Presumably, if you're closing an app, you either want to go to another app, so it's good to be in card view, or you want to go to the home screen, which sits behind the card view. So going to card view to close is already where you probably want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Sarcasm? There's no stylus, nor any x that I've ever seen in any videos. I don't think there is a way, but why would you need to? Presumably, if you're closing an app, you either want to go to another app, so it's good to be in card view, or you want to go to the home screen, which sits behind the card view. So going to card view to close is already where you probably want to go.
    Indeed sarcasm. OP must be too lazy to throw out cards. Actually now that I think about it, what happens with headless apps, are they meant to run forever since they have no card to throw out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Indeed sarcasm. OP must be too lazy to throw out cards. Actually now that I think about it, what happens with headless apps, are they meant to run forever since they have no card to throw out?
    Actually I remember some talk about the developer book mentioning a dashboard and saying apps either need a card or need to be in the dashboard. I wonder when we'll be able to see what that looks like.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Sure, if your closing one app, you probably want to be in card view next so you can choose another app. But wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to close an app and return to card view ALL WITH ONE GESTURE? Or maybe close an app and be returned to the dial pad, all with one gesture. Something along those lines would be nice.

rotello