1.    #1  
    Simply put, the Palm Pre is the most hyped phone since the original iPhone. It's coming out on in two weeks, on June 6. Here's everything we know—we'll update this as more info comes in.

Gizmodo - Palm Pre: The Definitive Guide and FAQ
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    don't make me read all of that. anything new in there that we don't know?
    Wow a Gizmodo article that isn't really Apple-biased, shock.

Nothing new, just giving the rundown for those in the dark.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    don't make me read all of that. anything new in there that we don't know?
    Lol! I'm reading now...haven't come across anything new to me yet, but it is a good one-stop-shop for FAQ's and they say it'll be updated according.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Lol! I'm reading now...haven't come across anything new to me yet, but it is a good one-stop-shop for FAQ's and they say it'll be updated according.
    ok we are all counting on you to find something new and post it here.
    it should have in there that contact syncing blows
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I read it. Nothing new that you can't find in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    ok we are all counting on you to find something new and post it here.
    I did see one thing, but I'm not sure if their reporting is accurate. This was in the Q&A section:

Will apps from the older Palm OS (aka Garnet) work on WebOS?
    This was a total surprise, but yes. The Pre's got a built-in emulator to run classic Palm apps. Don't expect everything to work 100 percent amazingly, though.
    (my emphasis added)

I'm still skeptical that it's "built-in".
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Some hands-on they did...they list a scrollball as one of the features.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Thanks. Going to read now.

That was a good article, and surprisingly for Gizmodo, unbiased and without extra unnecessary iPhone comparisons. However, they did get their pricing wrong, they claim you have to have a plan that starts at 70 but Everything Plus starts at 59.
    Last edited by jonathan likes the pre; 05/24/2009 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Thanks. Going to read now.

That was a good article, and surprisingly for Gizmodo, unbiased and without extra unnecessary iPhone comparisons. However, they did get their pricing wrong, they claim you have to have a plan that starts at 70 but Everything Plus starts at 59.
    Well now I am confused... are you suggesting we WILL be able to use SERO as long as it is the EVERYTHING PLUS?
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    Well now I am confused... are you suggesting we WILL be able to use SERO as long as it is the EVERYTHING PLUS?
    Hm... not sure what you're asking. Sero is dead. The new "deal" lines (Sero's replacements) are called Everything Plus. They're more expensive, but they work with the feature phones such as the Pre and Instinct.

http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/sprin...epclanding.asp
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Hm... not sure what you're asking. Sero is dead. The new "deal" lines (Sero's replacements) are called Everything Plus. They're more expensive, but they work with the feature phones such as the Pre and Instinct.

Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
    So this is not a Sprint Employee Referral Offer (SERO) although you need a referral from a sprint employee to partake... different program, that's what i was confused on.
    "Everything Plus Referral Program... is not avaliable through participating stores"
    What are the odds of getting a Pre via online order?
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    So this is not a Sprint Employee Referral Offer (SERO) although you need a referral from a sprint employee to partake... different program, that's what i was confused on.
    "Everything Plus Referral Program... is not avaliable through participating stores"
    What are the odds of getting a Pre via online order?
    Yes, you can no longer sign up for a SERO line, the new specialty lines are called Everything Plus. The Everything Plus program replaced Sero, and while you can't get it in stores, there have been reports here that store managers are allowed to upgrade Sero users to Everything Plus in the store, but your mileage may vary. Getting a Pre online shouldn't be tough if it's done promptly.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Wow a Gizmodo article that isn't really Apple-biased, shock.

Nothing new, just giving the rundown for those in the dark.
    That's a tactic they use for unreleased products. They play nice when discussing features and then when it's released they become extremely unreasonable with their demands and spend half of their articles explaining how Apple did it first or Apple does it better.

The thing that always gets me with these biased reviewers is that they say "iPhone comparisons are inevitable because so many features are similar", but back when the iPhone was getting reviewed then these same people fail to refer to the Palm products that have clearly influenced the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    That's a tactic they use for unreleased products. They play nice when discussing features and then when it's released they become extremely unreasonable with their demands and spend half of their articles explaining how Apple did it first or Apple does it better.

The thing that always gets me with these biased reviewers is that they say "iPhone comparisons are inevitable because so many features are similar", but back when the iPhone was getting reviewed then these same people fail to refer to the Palm products that have clearly influenced the iPhone.
    They love Apple and Steve jobs, everyone knows it. I particularly enjoyed when they slammed the LG Dare, calling it the "icloniest of them all" in the headline, when LG made the Prada which had tons of similarities to the iPhone OS - BEFORE THE IPHONE WAS SHOWN.

Hm, wonder why a handset released later by that same company had the same similarities. And plus who really thinks those generic touchscreen phones are serious contenders, they're just consumer feature phones. When people complained they retitled the article to "LG Dare isn't going to kill iAnything". It's not supposed to.