Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I had one until it was stolen Great MP3 player and I can't wait for the ones that should be coming out in the fall. They look pretty badass.

I feel you. I had my zune 30, my PSP, and my ex-girlfriends 1st Gen Iphone (that I paid for) ALL stolen on the same day from my back pack in the employee break room at my old Best Buy store. I was PISSED!!! Pissed more because it was my back pack in the EMPLOYEEE break room and EVERYONE knew that was MY bag. I felt so disrespected i spazzed out in fron of alot of people (including my GM at the time). I threw off my best buy shirt and stormed out of the door, i was 100% sure that that was gonna be my last day as an employee for best buy.

Luckily for me, I came to my senses and apologized to the gm(whon was very understanding and felt my pain) and HR hooked me up and let me get everyhting I'd got stolen (minus the iphone) for half of the original price...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Hidden feature: Gaydar.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopb View Post
    Funniest thing I've ever read on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    If you follow the clues, you'll know what Palm is hidding.

1.Steve Jobs has to suddenly take a leave from Apple.

2.Pre is about to launch.

Do I have to spell it out for all of you? Jobs was afraid of the Pre and in the spirit of "If you can't beat 'em" he joined Palm, there I said it.
    Now,
    this
    is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Good one, deesugar.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    4th Had the 30. Now the 80 and that sweet altec speaker dock. +1 on the zune store and zune pass. Can't beat $15 and 10 songs to own/month.
    I don't have a zune or an ipod, nor do I buy music, but 15 dollars for 10 songs is 50% more then itunes and amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    I don't have a zune or an ipod, nor do I buy music, but 15 dollars for 10 songs is 50% more then itunes and amazon.
    Right. It pays for access to unlimited songs but you also get 10 DRM-free ones to keep every month. IMO a better deal than paying for sat radio because you get unlimited music and you keep a few each month if you find something you like. Just a different business model.
    bingo....if you essentially pay $1 per song you're essentially paying $5 to have open access to the entire zune store every month.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    bingo....if you essentially pay $1 per song you're essentially paying $5 to have open access to the entire zune store every month.
    Yeah, it's good for people who want access to all kinds of music but less good for people who like building large music collections. I used the 2 week trial back when I bought my Zune but I didn't keep it because I usually just listen to Pandora or Shoutcast or I buy CDs when I go to see bands play. I don't typically buy lots of mp3s but I tend to use Amazon when I do.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ROFL!
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    That's been their excuse. But we've seen the GSM version with the Vodaphone SIM under the battery, if they can fit a SIM, they can fit a MicroSD. The real reason they didn't include it is because they're taking a play from Apple's book and planning obsoleteness so you keep buying upgrades, even if the only advantage of the new model is more memory.
    NO WAY There will be a Micro SD, maybe a 16 g pre but my hopes are not up! A lot more work to put in the Micro SD than a larger drive. If you hit it on the monies I will buy your "touch stone" charger for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Make that three.
    And another user here: 120 for me! I had to replace my Zen Vision because I ran out of space and the Zune is a great replacement but I don't like the OS as much as the Zen.

Pop up antenna?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Same here. I'll keep most of my MP3's and videos on my Zune.
    For long trips I'll have my 16GB Touch but for everyday use 1000 songs (about 4GB at 128kbps) on my Palm Pre would be just fine. 3GB left for apps, PIM, some pics, etc. is good enough for me. Of course, if a surprise 16GB Pre was to be release I would definitely choose that.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 05/24/2009 at 06:50 PM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    i need at least 10 teraflops for any phone i purchase min, then it needs to be expandable at least 10 fold on that.

and it needs a built in swiss army knife.

ya know, im glad i am one of them people who accepts things as they are and deal with it. this phone has more and better fetures then any phone on the market and everyone still wants to rip it apart.

the knife is a good idea now that i think about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i need at least 10 teraflops for any phone i purchase min, then it needs to be expandable at least 10 fold on that.

ya know, im glad i am one of them people who accepts things as they are and deal with it. this phone has more and better fetures then any phone on the market and everyone still wants to rip it apart.

I am going to miss my pen stylus. I always need that pen with me. I wish the Pre has a slot for a styus or pen
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Taser.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    I hope:

FM radio (It'd be cool)
    Sling Player
    Video Recording
    Flash out of the box
    4G
    4G would be sweet but from the FCC, I dont think it's going to happen.
    I reckon flash is already there, the leaks have made this semi-clear though Sling OOtB would br nice and a swift kick in AT&Ts pants I'm tipping it not packaged.

Dreaming now: FM radio and FM transmitter.. That'd be sweet.

My Centros 8GB micro is full, in that sense Pre is a step backward. Still dreaming for 16GB or microSD slot, they have denied it but they have also denied stuff that we've now seen is actually there... please Palm. please.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    If I had the time to buzz around the zune store and download constantly I'd probably buy in. You figure you get to keep 120 DRM free songs a year. It'd be interesting to see how many people download or buy more than 12 albums a year, and how much they spend doing it? Between Sirius and my current methods of getting music, it just doesn't make sense for me. Do like Amazon though. They have good deals on album downloads every so often. Tough to resist sub $5 album downloads. And I'm happy with 256kb. Not that CD quality wouldn't be nice, but the only time I'm sitting down listening to equipment that would really make a difference SQ wise is when I'm watching a movie.

I did just pick up a zen 32gb player that's getting more use than my Zune though. The 80gb is more of a home player now. Granted I can stream through my TIVO, but I don't care for the music interface.

With less than 8gb available for tunes (much less after work stuff), I see the Amazon music service as a waste. I'll continue to download from there on my computer and transfer what I want to the Pre. It probably wouldn't even help in a pinch because if you're maximizing the storage, you wouldn't have room for any spontaneous downloads. At least at 16gb it'd be a little easier to leave a gig open for that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Yeah, it's good for people who want access to all kinds of music but less good for people who like building large music collections. I used the 2 week trial back when I bought my Zune but I didn't keep it because I usually just listen to Pandora or Shoutcast or I buy CDs when I go to see bands play. I don't typically buy lots of mp3s but I tend to use Amazon when I do.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I am going to miss my pen stylus. I always need that pen with me. I wish the Pre has a slot for a styus or pen
    No chance of that when the stylus needs to be the size of a felt-tipped pen.
    I'm a little suspicious about the no micro SD thing myself. While there might not be much room in the phone itself, I see the back cover as a very viable option. I believe the razrs have a really slim, drop in slot for the card. Really, you just need some wires to get from the contacts on the card into the processor, no need for an ejection mechanism. It may make the back cover slightly thicker, but it wouldn't have to change the phone as a whole. I believe the cover for the touchstone has contacts, I would imagine it's not difficult to engineer, but what do I know?

Personally, I think that 8 Gb will be enough for me. I see the advantage of smart phones over dumb phones as a jack-of-all-trades that you carry with you at all times. Great when a computer/camera/mp3 player is not handy, but not as ideal. I'm at my computer at work or home with my full synced library for most of the day, and my xbox streams media to my entertainment center. My iPod with a busted screen serves as a jukebox in my car stereo. And Lord knows I don't move much between those places to exercise or anything, so I think I will be content. But to each it's own, huh? I'm curious to know how other people get access to their media throughout the day, and for those that depend on their phones for their sweet, sweet tunes, how does that work out for you?

So, despite being a fan of Zunes, I've never owned one myself. Bought one for my girlfriend and she loves it. It was a great day right before New years eve when all the 30 Gb models froze. I caught wind of it early, and texted my g/f "Sorry about your Zune freezing up." A minute later I got a call that started with "How could you possibly know about that before I did?" Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post

Anybody else find this statement funny? Not to rat on this person, but obviously you're not into "pushing the limits"...
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I am starting to doubt that there will be any BIG secrets being held back. With all the printed material that have seen leaked now I really don't think Sprint/Palm would spend money on those documents and training and then have to issue a last minute change and reprint. Unveiling any additional feature in those documents would still not have given Apple time to respond (if that was their tactic to begin with). No, I think we've seen the hardware that we're going to get, but there are still a LOT of software questions to be answered.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loogie View Post
    I am starting to doubt that there will be any BIG secrets being held back.
    I'm leaning in that direction though I'm just hoping so I don't have to wait another 12 months to get a proper upgrade from my Centro.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast