Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Youtube has already been confirmed I believe.
    Maybe they are hiding the breed of hamster that is going to power the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Same here. I'll keep most of my MP3's and videos on my Zune.
    EXACTLY the same thing I was thinking!! Zune baby!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    The same place they put the quad band gsm radio on the cdma version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    And where would you place the memory slot on GSM phones?
    Seriously though. The GSM version has room for a multi band radio and sim card slot. The CDMA version has neither. If the CDMA Pre had a card slot and the GSM didn't, big deal. I could care less about the GSM crowd b*tching. They get a world phone. We don't. Having the multi band GSM phone is one of the key reasons people like GSM. So I see it as a trade off. I'd still bet money that when we see a Pre taken apart, it'll show there was room for a microsd slot. I'm on board with the Apple influence theory on that one.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    EXACTLY the same thing I was thinking!! Zune baby!!
    wow we found the two zune users.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    The GSM version has room for a multi band radio and sim card slot. The CDMA version has neither. If the CDMA Pre had a card slot and the GSM didn't, big deal. I could care less about the GSM crowd b*tching.
    As an end user, you're not the one Palm needs to persuade. They have to answer to Vodaphone, Orange, Telstra, AT&T, TMO, etc. They're not going to end their PowerPoint presentation on the footnote, "Oh, by the way, the GSM version doesn't have the memory card slot that we used on the CDMA version. Just saying. But at least it's a world phone!"

I wish forum geeks had more leverage, but the reality is that carriers call the shots. It took years for 3.5mm headset jacks get on smartphones, but even to this day, HTC has an easier time getting on carriers with lame solutions like ExtUSB. Que sera sera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Make that three.
    I wouldn't expect too much. That way you won't be disappointed if nothing does come of it. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    We should be prepared for the shock that the NDA is just keeping people from posting full-blown reviews about their extensive, hands-on experiences. Some people probably have reasons to trash the PRE and Palm doesn't need that before it even gets out of the gates.

Films have NDAs on reviewers often times. You can guess why film producers do that or not. Maybe similar reasons for the PRE.
    The "one last thing" has something to do with voicemail. I think they will be offering a speech to text service. This will probably be part of the "Palm Profile" cloud service.

Natalie Delconte from the Buzz Out Loud podcast has used the phone for an hour, but is under a NDA. Listen to her reaction to the no visual voice mail story on Friday's podcast. They are doing something besides normal vm or vvm.
    I think integration with google voice would be pretty cool. Of course in order to do that, google would have to give more google voice accounts.
    I hope:

FM radio (It'd be cool)
    Sling Player
    Video Recording
    Flash out of the box
    4G
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    hoping for Flash support
  14. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Hidden feature: Gaydar.
    If you follow the clues, you'll know what Palm is hidding.

1.Steve Jobs has to suddenly take a leave from Apple.

2.Pre is about to launch.

Do I have to spell it out for all of you? Jobs was afraid of the Pre and in the spirit of "If you can't beat 'em" he joined Palm, there I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Hidden feature: Gaydar.
    Funniest thing I've ever read on here.
    I love the Zune and have owned 4. I actually gave my 80GbZune to a Friend for his birthday because I wasn't using it because I had most of my content on my iphone and now I miss it. Zune Marketplace (In My Opinion) is MUCH better than iTunes...
    Here is a 3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    Here is a 3rd
    I had one until it was stolen Great MP3 player and I can't wait for the ones that should be coming out in the fall. They look pretty badass.
    4th Had the 30. Now the 80 and that sweet altec speaker dock. +1 on the zune store and zune pass. Can't beat $15 and 10 songs to own/month.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast