Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I personally believe the latest round of "leaks" comes from the SDK. I am shocked t how braisen people are about releasing screeies/videos with personally identifying information and not to mention the fact that Palm could have built in the ability to call home to reveal said information.

Palm Police will come a knocking on doors, IMO.
    How can there be any doubt at this point that these photos/videos are coming from ANYTHING OTHER than the emulator?
    Yeah, but it wasn't my main point of my post... "ET phone home"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    How can there be any doubt at this point that these photos/videos are coming from ANYTHING OTHER than the emulator?
    The most damning, in my opinion, is how the dude is overly defensive to any mention of the SDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I personally believe the latest round of "leaks" comes from the SDK. I am shocked t how braisen people are about releasing screeies/videos with personally identifying information and not to mention the fact that Palm could have built in the ability to call home to reveal said information.

Palm Police will come a knocking on doors, IMO.
    To be honest, I believe Palm is behind it, or gave the OK to do it. Thats just me... The closer it gets to the release, the more we're going to see..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I thought so at first myself; in retrospect, not with Ruby at the helm. It's not how he operates.
    We called him out on it and he deleted the article (along with the comments).

Win for truthiness.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    We called him out on it and he deleted the article (along with the comments).

Win for truthiness.
    Heh. Yeah he did, and yeah it is. I just came home from the store to see if there were any more responses to my post after I called him out, but lo and behold, it was gone. Makes me wonder how old he is- acting like such a baby about it
    Yup. I was "Matt" there, btw. I guess he deleted it after I told him if we, the "ignorant masses" could deduce it was an SDK, surely the fine folks at Palm could as well.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Yup. I was "Matt" there, btw. I guess he deleted it after I told him if we, the "ignorant masses" could deduce it was an SDK, surely the fine folks at Palm could as well.
    Man! Wish I would've seen the whole thread develop, but no... the gf said "come with me to the store". LOL. I really wanted to hear him try to defend himself again- it was comical. I only saw his response up to the point right after I told him that he should act like an adult (in response to him saying that I should act like an adult).

Oh well, 'twas fun while it lasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I'll bite. Why with some of the dozens (if not more) of the Pres that are out there, wouldn't you expect even more leaks? I can't believe Palm would (or could) throw a number of traps on so many devices to identify (and scare) potential leakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I'll bite. Why with some of the dozens (if not more) of the Pres that are out there, wouldn't you expect even more leaks? I can't believe Palm would (or could) throw a number of traps on so many devices to identify (and scare) potential leakers.
    It's not that I am skeptical there are people with actual devices out there who are capable and willing to make videos or take screenshots with them. Rather, it's the fact that all the data points to this particular case being an SDK (GPS pinpointing Palm HQ, no wifi/evdo signal icon, no carrier identification, data and voice simultaneously...).
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    i've always been able to send txt msgs, and received emails and txt also, not send emails though while on sprint
    How can people say stuff like this? I see this on forums/comments on a daily basis. I don't understand how anyone who's had a Sprint phone for more than a single day does not realize this is impossible...
    See this is what I was talking about in the other post. I don't have Sprint so I don't know, but I come here to get answers and I come out with more questions. I'll just have to wait and see for myself when the darn thing gets released.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    See this is what I was talking about in the other post. I don't have Sprint so I don't know, but I come here to get answers and I come out with more questions. I'll just have to wait and see for myself when the darn thing gets released.
    Hopefully this will help you then...

1) There are no exceptions to NO simultaneous voice & data on Sprint.
    2) Voice and SMS work together fine.
    3) Data and SMS work sort-of simultaneous. When text is sent or received, it temporarily kills data session... Most of the time you would never know. Think of a text as a very quick phone call.
    4) Current Sprint phones have longer battery life on 3G (EV-DO,) than they do on 1X. If a phone is in a fringe or 1X-only area, your battery can die in less than an hour in just stand-by mode.

So to reiterate what has been said a thousand times today in this forum alone, Sprint has no forum of simultaneous voice and data.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12