Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm not getting the Pre yet, well maybe never. Firstly because I'm in Australia, I will have to wait for some time before it's here let alone on another carrier than enterprise/money hungry Telstra but besides that, I'm a student with a casual job which just manages to pay the car and other living expenses.

My plan is much cheaper than the ones seemed to be set for the Pre and I just wouldn't be able to afford it.

I paid outright for my black Centro (AU$400) in and though it is dating somewhat, I don't think I will be able to update for some time. Maybe the Pixie/Eos will be my ticket in a year or so.

So who here wont be getting a Pre? why?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    figuring this is a pre fan site you might not get alot of people who arent getting the pre. You might get some people like me who arent able to get the pre on the first day but will get a pre when available to them.
    i'm in england and getting really annoyed at the whole release date thing here... and i'm hoping its gonna be middle of june, but i know if i get another phone and the pre comes out i'll kick myself!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I'm from the netherlands so I won't be able to get the pre in june. and who knows what happens in the time between now and the dutch pre release. maybe htc or samsung releases a very cool android phone. or maybe apple makes a smaller iphone.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Is there anyone in the states who is locked down/will have to wait until the pre is on their carrier?

I love the Pre but it's just not gonna work on my budget.

I hope the international (GSM) release is no later than August and is on a very large scale.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Is there anyone in the states who is locked down/will have to wait until the pre is on their carrier?

I hope the international (GSM) release is no later than August and is on a very large scale.
    I'm torn here. I'm with Tmo and on the whole they have been great. My issue a part of the coverage area that they can't fix because of local restrictions. A g1 is an option just not a big fan. I would rather have a Pre in GSM, looks like a much better product. If I can't get signal It will be Sprint then or the Deathstar for a next gen Iphone.
    I'm not getting the Pre because i am on Verizon and won't change to Sprint. Heck, there isn't even a Sprint-owned store in my town. However, if i had a choice between a Pre and the Pixie, I might go with the Pixie because of the form factor.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I really like the Pre and I think that from what we've seen WebOS is by far the best smartphone operating system. That said, I still may not be getting a Pre. It will be a BIG bump in price for me monthly. (I'm on a family plan as an extra line so it currently costs me $10 + $25 for data). Not only that, but I am finding it extremely hard to justify switching to CDMA. I like the idea of SIM cards. I like being able to access the internet while on a call. I like having a phone that works pretty much everywhere. I think that I may be waiting for an unlocked GSM Pre.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    @tpavey - what provider are u with?

I really wish that companies could be less reliant on secrets and more reliant on innovation for competition. This exclusive crap is a pain in the ****.
    Last edited by brum; 05/24/2009 at 08:13 PM.
    I am going to wait for the unlocked GSM Pre. I have a Treo Pro to hold me over, and it's a nice phone, so I have no problem waiting for the unlocked GSM Pre.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

How confident are you that an unlocked pre will be able to take advantage of the cloud when swapping out SIM cards. I was planning to get an unlocked GSM ASAP but I fear having a really nice pda and phone when swapping SIMs and losing access to the cloud capabilities (esp. push e-mail) when on other networks. Please tell me my fears are groundless. Thanks
    I'll be waiting. There are just too many "No's" in the feature list to make the Pre practical for me right now. Sure, it may be an amazing new OS, and a great looking phone, but if it can't do half of the things my old smartphone can, why bother? If there were a few key things added I may have decided to buy it day one, deal, and wait for the updates, but not with the hardware/software features it has right now. Not to mention Palm has never been one known for good customer service, or bug free releases. I may be a Palm user, but I am not a "fan boy" like some people, that will sit around and talk about how great and innovative a phone is that can't do half the things the old Palms or the newer WM devices can. It has potential, no doubt about it, but it is not "there yet," at least not enough for my needs and hard earned cash. I'll be waiting for the next CDMA WebOS device, or at least until the Pre gets upgraded with the things I need.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoman View Post
    How confident are you that an unlocked pre will be able to take advantage of the cloud when swapping out SIM cards. I was planning to get an unlocked GSM ASAP but I fear having a really nice pda and phone when swapping SIMs and losing access to the cloud capabilities (esp. push e-mail) when on other networks. Please tell me my fears are groundless. Thanks
    True... we don't really know how the cloud integration will work, though I presume that it'd make sense for your Palm account to be somewhat independant of your carrier therefore swapping ur sim and then logging back in with ur Palm account would be a breeze - just thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoman View Post
    How confident are you that an unlocked pre will be able to take advantage of the cloud when swapping out SIM cards.....

...Please tell me my fears are groundless. Thanks
    I don't think the cloud has anything to do with either Palm or GSM/ CDMA or the service provider. All your private, confidential information will be stolen over any available internet connection. Any one of EDGE/ EvDO/ 3G/ WiFi will do just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post

I will likely have to wait until Feb when Sprint will give me the full new client discount. I may be able to get it early, but with the Pre's popularity, I probably won't be able to.
    I'm not not getting a Pre.
    Darn AT&T has me locked for a little while more.
    I too was all set to get it on day 1, but have since found out that my family plan with data isn't going to cut it and the next cheapest plan that will wok is $50 a month more. Really sucks, but at least it makes the decision easy.
    Canada here, don't like Bell. So I'll have to wait for one from another country that works on rogers/fido.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The fifth guy in line at best buy will probably not be getting a Pre.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast