Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm in the US, and Sprint is letting me upgrade a year early. I'm not not getting a Pre.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    @gpavey - what provider are u with?

I really wish that companies could be less reliant on secrets and more reliant on innovation for competition. This exclusive crap is a pain in the ****.
    I have T-mobile. For their family plans you pay $20 for texting for the entire family and then $25 per phone for data. Since I have the only data phone it ends up being really cheap. If I wanted to split off my number I could get unlimited phone+internet for $85.

T-mobile's 3g is smaller, but they have the UMA hot-spot feature and if I got a phone with the right frequencies I could have 3g everywhere.

All in all I think GSM is a better technology for what I want in a phone.
    I won't be getting it immediately for a few reasons:

1. Still enjoying my Centro I got in January

2. Being that my plan just started, I won't be able to upgrade until 2011

3. Still waiting to see about Documents To Go changing
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I'm in the US, and Sprint is letting me upgrade a year early. I'm not not getting a Pre.
    So you can upgrade but are not going to? What have you got?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I'm eligible for an upgrade in January....I'll have to decide between the Pre and the Touch Pro 2.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    So you can upgrade but are not going to? What have you got?

I think he meant to put two " not " to show a double negative. Meaning he will be getting one.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I am not getting a Pre due to the fact I am on the $30 SERO plan and do not want to lose it...the Pre may be a great phone but the initial "coolness" will wear off eventually and then I am stuck paying ~$25-30 more per month...

The only way I would end up with one is if they start forcing people to "upgrade" on all the top-end phones (Touch Pro 2, etc)...otherwise the Pre isn't the only phone that can make me happy...
    If the whole release becomes a mess, and I don't get one on the first day, I won't be getting a PrPrPr&#$275$;...$ever$. $In$ $fact$, $I$ $will$ $be$ $taking$ $my$ $buisness$ $elsewhere$ $if$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $get$ $one$. $I$ $know$ $that$ $sounds$ $pretty$ $harsh$ ($and$ $crybaby$-$ish$), $but$ $I$'$ve$ $been$ $frustrated$ $with$ $Sprint$'$s$ $sucky$ $phone$ $lineup$ $for$ $way$ $too$ $long$ $and$ $this$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $straw$ $that$ $breaks$ $the$ $camel$'$s$ $back$ $with$ $me$. $No$ $retention$ $plan$ $they$ $offer$ $will$ $be$ $enough$ $to$ $keep$ $me$ $from$ $getting$ $an$ $iPhone$.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox19 View Post
    If the whole release becomes a mess, and I don't get one on the first day, I won't be getting a PrPrPr&#$275$;...$ever$. $In$ $fact$, $I$ $will$ $be$ $taking$ $my$ $buisness$ $elsewhere$ $if$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $get$ $one$. $I$ $know$ $that$ $sounds$ $pretty$ $harsh$ ($and$ $crybaby$-$ish$), $but$ $I$'$ve$ $been$ $frustrated$ $with$ $Sprint$'$s$ $sucky$ $phone$ $lineup$ $for$ $way$ $too$ $long$ $and$ $this$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $straw$ $that$ $breaks$ $the$ $camel$'$s$ $back$ $with$ $me$. $No$ $retention$ $plan$ $they$ $offer$ $will$ $be$ $enough$ $to$ $keep$ $me$ $from$ $getting$ $an$ $iPhone$.
    "crybaby-ish"

Absolutely correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    "crybaby-ish"

Absolutely correct.
    I know. But you can't possibly be pleased with Sprint's device lineup, they're always 6-10 months behind the other carriers.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    I know. But you can't possibly be pleased with Sprint's device lineup, they're always 6-10 months behind the other carriers.
    Pretty much the reason I am with AT&T right now. Sure I'll probably move back to Sprint because of the Pre but up until now their device lineup has been pathetic.

So I agree with you on that. Not your other post though.
    Well, i finally came to my conclusion. I'm not getting the Pre. I was holding out hope that they would at least let you keep your current (non-sero) plan if you paid full price. I can't justify doubling my bill and more (for less minutes BTW) for the Pre.
    Just saw this on Engadget and it killed off any hopes i had held out.

It's the Touch Pro 2 for me. Bye bye Pre
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Until the Pre.

Well, I might as well throw the wrench into this thread. I am getting the Pre. But, if I don't like it, it is going back. Then I'll get the next Android phone with keyboard that comes down the pipe.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    If the whole release becomes a mess, and I don't get one on the first day... I will be taking my buisness elsewhere if I don't get one. I know that sounds pretty harsh (and crybaby-ish),
    Kudos for recognising tone. I would encourage you to not be set on getting one on the first day because you mightn't but if you really want it, it will be worth waiting another month after with a guarantee that you will actually get it I mean you've waited this long to pass it up? just thoughts.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Remind me which US carrier had the HTC Touch Pro first again...?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    I am not getting a Pre due to the fact I am on the $30 SERO plan and do not want to lose it...the Pre may be a great phone but the initial "coolness" will wear off eventually and then I am stuck paying ~$25-30 more per month...

The only way I would end up with one is if they start forcing people to "upgrade" on all the top-end phones (Touch Pro 2, etc)...otherwise the Pre isn't the only phone that can make me happy...
    You can bet your bottom dollar that Sprint is going to do this!!! Not that it affects me, I currently have thye $99 unlimited plan. Sprint really wants people to move over to the newer plans though.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post

I'm not getting the Pre for the same reason above. I am on the same plan but also get an additional 23% off (I think by accident) bringing my bill to $26.99 including tax for 500min and then unlimited everything else.

I WANTED the Pre, and had planned on getting it until I found out I couldn't. So I will wait for the Touch Pro 2 more then likely unless something else comes out that is just as cool with-in that time frame. I haven't seen a lot in the way of new Sprint phones yet BUT the Pre and the Touch Pro 2, so who knows. Looks like AT&T is ready to roll out TONS of phones, and Sprint not so much. I guess we'll know soon what else, if anything is coming to Sprint.

I've also had a Palm for the past 3 or 4yrs I think too. I honestly dont know any other way but Palm, and now I have no choice but to change phones. And just when it actually got really good too.

At the same time, I think if I can get a Touch Pro 2, and put WM 6.5 on it, and still keep my plan, i'll be more then happy. And while I think i'd love the Pre, going from the 700p to anything else is almost an upgrade, and that's what i'm looking for mainly. And the new Touch Pro 2 will DEFINITELY be an upgrade. The camera, the speed, the interface, the screen, and most importantly the data speeds when on the net which is the main thing I look forward too.
    Quote Originally Posted by speakeazy86 View Post
    figuring this is a pre fan site you might not get alot of people who arent getting the pre.
    Actually, this forum is not just for "fans" it's for discussions (pro and con). The Fans will come after folks actually have some experience with the device. For now I'd say everyone is more like a curious potential owner.

Anyway, I'm in Germany and only use my Sprint Treo 700p occasionally when visiting the states so I probably won't be an early adopter since it's useless as a phone here in Germany. I probably could use the wifi feature but wouldn't be worth upgrading plans for that. If I can get "retentions (or whatever they go by now) to give me a break on my plan then I "may" get one in the near future. For now, I'll just watch and wait.
    About a month or so ago, I got really pissed and I was seriously leaning to the no-Pre side. Most of the concerns I had have been resolved so I'm now on the pro-Pre side.

Unless Sprint helps us upgrade a month early, though, we'll stick with our 755p's until July. I'd like to be among the first to review a Pre but I can live with Opera Mini's added functionality (and instability) for an extra few weeks, if I have to.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Sprint had the Treo 755p long before any other carrier. I switched from Verizon to Sprint because I was sick of waiting for them to release the 755p.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast