1. joelpalm
    Just found out tonight that my friends brother is a Pre advocate and has his Pre. He has always had a Blackberry since they have come out, says that the Pre takes some getting used to coming from a BB, but says it's an awesome phone. Will try to get to play with it this week.
    Not surprised that he would say that. The User interface is totally different, especially if he had a non Storm BB.
    If you do, same questions for you that we're dumping on beret in his thread 'Might go play with a demo unit.'
    What do we call this recent unfolding. It's not really 'Pre's caught in the wild.'
    It's more like a few pre's have been let of their cages.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Its more like "My brother's friends uncle is a Pre advocate. I'll report back with details soon!" times ten
    Lets just hope that those Pres don't have shackles on them....i.e. are activated.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I don't suppose that it would do much good to train someone on a phone that isn't fully functional.

Then again, this is Sprint.
  8. joelpalm
    No, I actually didn't ask my friend and he doesn't know I am into the Pre, he volunteered the info. But thanks for the input
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I don't suppose that it would do much good to train someone on a phone that isn't fully functional.

Don't they get their training with the help of training videos? I thought they can't activate their pre until a certain date, whenever that may be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post

Actually according to my nieces boyfriend who is an advocate, he has his but it isn't activated. I believe he can do some things but can't make/receive calls and some other things are locked.

Not sure what the logic is to give them the phone but not activate it.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Six degrees of separation strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmgates7 View Post
    Actually according to my nieces boyfriend who is an advocate, he has his but it isn't activated. I believe he can do some things but can't make/receive calls and some other things are locked.

Not sure what the logic is to give them the phone but not activate it.

I hate when people respond with things they have "heard" and haven't actually experienced for themselves... All advocates' Palm Pre's are completely active and fully provisioned with voice and data. Don't spread hearsay...