Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Random question, does anyone know if you will be able to lock the pre before you can get into anything like the iphone or touch?
    Yep...check out the SDK video thread here in the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PalmPreForumDotOrg

I am pretty sure it's in the Settings video.
    I think there is a 4 digit lock and something like an optional 23 character lock as options
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    And i remember seeing a slide to unlock feature on a few videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mild Mannered View Post
    And i remember seeing a slide to unlock feature on a few videos.
    What I saw was you touch the screen and swipe up and it shows a white circular light as you swipe which unlocks the phone. I like it.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    What I saw was you touch the screen and swipe up and it shows a white circular light as you swipe which unlocks the phone. I like it.
    Where? i wanna see!! :'(
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Why would you want to lock your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Ever had your 2 year old dial Japan while you were in the next room? I almost did, but got the phone before he found the Send button!
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    so that someone else cant just pick it up and start using it. Keep them from peeking through your contacts, or even contacting them, or you just might want to keep them from deleting things from your phone.
    i agree why would you want to lock your phone?

a buddy of mine had that 9 dot locking thing on his G1. as i kept trying to figure out the code and getting it wrong, it locked the phone in a different way. a way that was a pain in the for him to get it unlocked again.

after that i just kept locking it for the fun of it.

i doubt i will lock my phone more then if it **** dials, which it should not
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Ever had your 2 year old dial Japan while you were in the next room? I almost did, but got the phone before he found the Send button!
    how do you know what the code is for Japan? it could have been eastern viet nam
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    not
    ever heard the song "Thats the day my wife met my girlfriend" ?
    Plenty of reasons...Dont want to dial while its in your pocket, dont want people to be able to go through your contacts/pictures/videos/emails/etc...
    Locking a device is just good personal security. Keeps your data private. It's more important in the corporate environment than in the personal environment, however it's a smart practice in general. Sensitive company information, personal data like banking stuff, etc. Leave your Pre out (heresy, I know!) and someone can swipe it or just take a gander.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    I wasn't terribly concerned with locking it before I saw this thread. But one of the posts reminded me that synergy works both ways.

In other words, if someone else deletes one of your contacts, it gets deleted EVERYwhere - almost immediately.

Honestly, that very scenario (which has never happened to me on any Treo, by the way, so maybe I shouldn't sweat it) had me considering setting the syncing to once or twice a day instead of every 15 minutes.

That would give one time to recognize the problem and correct it - maybe by retrieving the information by-computer and reinserting it on the phone.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.