Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    As seen here (@ 1:44)



    You can scroll up and down, but you can also scroll left and right similar to the iPhone. So in that video, there are 4 rows on the first blade/page, with the fourth row requiring you scroll down to see it. When you scroll down the see the fourth row, you can then swipe sideways to go to a new blade with more icons.

    I'm kinda confused as to why you need the ability to scroll down and also left and right. Is there a method to the madness here (one blade is all native apps, another is installed apps) or can you have 6 rows on one blade, swipe left and have one icon on another, etc?
  2. #2  
    I'm pretty sure it is sorted by category. Like all the settings in one blade.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    As seen here (@ 1:44)



    You can scroll up and down, but you can also scroll left and right similar to the iPhone. So in that video, there are 4 rows on the first blade/page, with the fourth row requiring you scroll down to see it. When you scroll down the see the fourth row, you can then swipe sideways to go to a new blade with more icons.

    I'm kinda confused as to why you need the ability to scroll down and also left and right. Is there a method to the madness here (one blade is all native apps, another is installed apps) or can you have 6 rows on one blade, swipe left and have one icon on another, etc?
    Here is my explanation. The launcher probably has categories (All, System, Games, Downloads, etc). To see the second half of the same category, you scroll up or down. To go to the next category, you probably go left and right. That is all I have. Also, there might be a drop-down category list that lets you get to another category slighly faster instead of having to move through each category one by one.
  4. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #4  
    Here's what I gather:

  5.    #5  
    Thanks, it didn't seem to make sense to me, but the categories does seem to. Kinda odd if you ask me, but no biggie.
  6. #6  
    I mean, it's not like you're swiping up and down. You swipe left and right to get to new cards, and if it's too large to display them all on one screen, you scroll down. No biggie. I was getting worried when I read the topic, I thought you would have to swipe up/down to new cards, not just scroll. No biggie!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Here's what I gather:

    Yeah I noticed that in the video as well. What I'm trying to figure out is what decides you need a new page versus just continuing to scroll down...example: why does that page end at First Use when there are still 2 slots in the row, and if I wanted to, could I only have 3 rows on each page or is it locked by category.

    I guess the exact answers aren't out yet, I asked on the youtube page so we'll see.
  8. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #8  
    It's probably up to the user. That looks like the default setup in the emulator. It's my guess that you can arrange your icons however you like on as many pages as you like.

    Its probably a similar process to how he was able to drag icons from the launcher into the quick launch. Drag icons to the left or to the right to drag them onto adjacent pages and / or create new pages.

    But fret not; remember that you don't really need the launcher to get to your desired program because of universal search.
  9.    #9  
    "The Invisible Man" responded to my question on his video:

    I see it as just giving more room to do things. The first page seems to be for entertainment and communication the second for utilities (business stuff) and the third for settings. I am sure on launch you will be able to rearrange these better but as I have said before the emulator is limited and does not come with instructions so I am learning as I make these vids.
  10. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #10  
    thanks for posting this video. Hes got a great collection of videos that are new to me. Watching the settings video now, I think Im addicted.
  11. #11  
    I remember in the demo of the third party apps that Dieter posted on the main page, not only can you move the icons in and out of the quick launcher, you can also move them from page to page. Seems like Palm gives you free reign on how you want to arrange your launcher. So you can categorize them by using new pages, and, if necessary scroll down to see all the apps in one particular page.

    What did surprise me though was that in the video, he was able to move the phone icon out of the quick launcher bar. I remember in the above mentioned video from Dieter that the Palm guy said that you can't move the phone icon. We shall find out hands on soon enough!!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    We shall find out hands on soon enough!!
    I want my ****ing Pre
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13. StefanP's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    What did surprise me though was that in the video, he was able to move the phone icon out of the quick launcher bar. I remember in the above mentioned video from Dieter that the Palm guy said that you can't move the phone icon. We shall find out hands on soon enough!!
    they probably changed their minds about it. another thing to prove that they care a lot about details. it gives us more freedom too.
  14. #14  
    I don't think you can create more than the 3 pages.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I don't think you can create more than the 3 pages.

    Ugh. Hope that's not true. I have seven differant categories for apps on my 755, and was picturing cards on the Pre being used like categories on PalmOS.

    Heck, I'm going to need one card just to sequester useless stuff that Sprint shoves into the ROM so I don't need to look at it when I'm trying to find something useful.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Ugh. Hope that's not true. I have seven differant categories for apps on my 755, and was picturing cards on the Pre being used like categories on PalmOS.

    Heck, I'm going to need one card just to sequester useless stuff that Sprint shoves into the ROM so I don't need to look at it when I'm trying to find something useful.
    I know different things are important to different people, but I guess I'm just a more simple user. Seeing the complaints here, like needing tons of pages or needing the ability to set the phone to always speakerphone or absolutely needing the ability to send an email while on a phonecall...its pretty petty to me. I guess I don't ask for too much.
  17. #17  
    It's these little things that make this OS simply awesome. So far, Palm has made many of the right moves and few of the wrong ones.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    It's these little things that make this OS simply awesome. So far, Palm has made many of the right moves and few of the wrong ones.
    Not to be a repetitive bore, but a major flaw is Contact Syncing... and I have a HUGE hunch that it won't be fixed prior to release if we are seeing the most recent videos of the latest SDK available. Who knows, the leak might be working with an older version that no longer integrates with ALL Contacts, but deep down, I fear the worst.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Not to be a repetitive bore, but a major flaw is Contact Syncing... and I have a HUGE hunch that it won't be fixed prior to release if we are seeing the most recent videos of the latest SDK available. Who knows, the leak might be working with an older version that no longer integrates with ALL Contacts, but deep down, I fear the worst.
    But it sucks because this may not be Palm's fault...as some users said, Google only allows All Contact syncing with their API.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    But it sucks because this may not be Palm's fault...as some users said, Google only allows All Contact syncing with their API.
    Not true. I use nuevasync for WM6 (only MY Contacts are pulled) and I know Goosync also uses the API's for MY Contacts as well. As a matter of fact, it's been stated here before, MY Contacts is fairly new to Gmail. Prior to that it was only ALL Contacts. Which is why I am shocked that these leaked SDK's videos are showing the old method.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions