Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Not true. I use nuevasync for WM6 (only MY Contacts are pulled) and I know Goosync also uses the API's for MY Contacts as well. As a matter of fact, it's been stated here before, MY Contacts is fairly new to Gmail. Prior to that it was only ALL Contacts. Which is why I am shocked that these leaked SDK's videos are showing the old method.
    I read on this forum here that Google allows syncing with All Contacts and that the only reason the iPhone can sync with My Contacts is because it does it through Activesync.

See this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...cts-app-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Hmm... as far as I know Gmail's API access to contacts by default lists all contacts. Perhaps they Pre syncs with the new Google Contacts app and not contacts in Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Hmm I'm wondering why on my Iphone it seems to only be syncing with My contacts not the All
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Because it doesn't use the API? It uses ActiveSync which only interacts with "My Contacts"

Google Mobile | Sync for your iPhone

Important! Google Sync uses the Microsoftİ Exchange ActiveSyncİ protocol. When setting up a new Exchange ActiveSync account on your iPhone, all existing Contacts and Calendar events will be removed from your phone. Please make sure to back up any important data before you set up Google Sync.
    That gives me an idea...

Thanks!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12