Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Slingblade...I will be interested in any further details you find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Oh man your risking a lot here... The rumors are, the Pre will ONLY be sold to corporate stores, bestbuy, walmart, and radioshack... So if they aren't corporate and you put all your eggs into one basket, you might miss out. I'd def call the day b4 and make sure 100% that they have it in stock.
    They will have it in stock, they've confirmed everything but stock levels. Basically the whole area were I live isn't owned by Sprint, both stores we have in town are considered non-corporate but all they said that means is they have some leverage. They get the same memos, they showed me the memo telling them not to open at midnight, and everything. Which is sad because they were going to do a midnight release.

I'm not worried, my options are go to Best Buy or Radio Shack at 3:30 in the afternoon which would mean no Pre because I know our town. BB will probably have very little to no stock in our town. I don't have to work until 9:30, they are opening for launch at 8AM. I plan to head out early if they don't have them they don't have them. Simple as that, I'm not driving anywhere can't really. But I don't think I have to worry both have confirmed they are getting them.
    I called THREE stores today (all within a 20 mile radius of me) and they all sounded pretty clueless...... However, they all told me the same thing:

They said that I will be notified, via some list (pending that I'm on it) about the availability of the Pre. One guy said he wasn't sure if I was supposed to sign up at sprint.com or palm.com... he was fairly clueless but he definitely told me that I needed to be on said list.

Another woman stated the same facts, that I need to sign up on some list - and that should guarantee me a Pre... not guaranteeing me one specifically on launch day - but that I was guaranteed to get one 'sometime' if I was on this list.

The last girl I spoke with didn't have much of any clue, no idea on stock, nada... she did tell me that since they were located in a mall, they weren't opening early that day - boo to that.

I'm guessing my best chance at this point is to bring my old Treo 650 with me on Saturday morning, and keep checking my e-mail whilst I wait in line. That is, if I don't get some sort of notification a day or so before from being on some 'supposed' list that everyone keeps talking about.

This is just absurd that there is no specific message that they are supposed to be passing out to people calling about the phone - and that the policies are different at each store - I just don't get it.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I was told today at my Sprint Store by the pre advocate that his biggest disappointment was battery life. He told me to buy the car charge, his batter runs out at 4pm, less than a days use.

Did say the phone is awesome

Any one else here anything on battery life?
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    I heard it's really good, that playing with it from 10 to 4 it still had 70%. It was reported on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    I was told today at my Sprint Store by the pre advocate that his biggest disappointment was battery life. He told me to buy the car charge, his batter runs out at 4pm, less than a days use.

Did say the phone is awesome

Any one else here anything on battery life?
    There is a known issue if you are in a coverage area that is right on the border of a 1xRTT vs EV-DO area. Phones will often jump back and forth between the two networks burning up battery power. This is an issue on VZ's network too.

It may explain why some people say the battery life is great and others report it sucks.

We need more data to confirm what's really going on. Though I have heard from Palm folks that they think the battery life should be better than an iphone in typical use.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Like I said this is just what the Pre Advocate told me, I hope it is better than what he claims. That said it is not a deal breaker just means I will have to hope SEDIO comes up with an extended battery soon. I am committed to getting this phone, had a Palm since the old Treo 650 days
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    That is very interesting.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    So...I am going to be in Portland, ME this Sat..but my home store (with all my info, ID, etc.) is in Boston.
    I called the store just to check and see what I would need for 2 reasons:
    1. I am not the name on the acct, but am an authorized signatory. I wanted to make sure that since I was not going to be upgrading at my same store, I would have the necessary stuff..photocopy of ID, acct PIN...
    2. I wanted to see if the store was going to be doing an early sale or not...

SO- surprise, surprise.
    I call the store 2 times, and get different info with each call. (yes, u should be all set- and we are opening at 8....no, there is no way you could do that-opening at 10 am.)
    The second guy also told me they changed the rule a year and a half ago about signing up or upgrading...ONLY the account holder may do so. This is BS since I got my Rumor last Feb by simply walking into the store and showing that I had the same address as the account holder.

Tired of the nonsense I called Sprint..they noted the account, and said I am all set...

But I bet I get screwed on P-Day.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    So...I am going to be in Portland, ME this Sat..but my home store (with all my info, ID, etc.) is in Boston.
    I called the store just to check and see what I would need for 2 reasons:
    1. I am not the name on the acct, but am an authorized signatory. I wanted to make sure that since I was not going to be upgrading at my same store, I would have the necessary stuff..photocopy of ID, acct PIN...
    2. I wanted to see if the store was going to be doing an early sale or not...

SO- surprise, surprise.
    I call the store 2 times, and get different info with each call. (yes, u should be all set- and we are opening at 8....no, there is no way you could do that-opening at 10 am.)
    The second guy also told me they changed the rule a year and a half ago about signing up or upgrading...ONLY the account holder may do so. This is BS since I got my Rumor last Feb by simply walking into the store and showing that I had the same address as the account holder.

Tired of the nonsense I called Sprint..they noted the account, and said I am all set...

But I bet I get screwed on P-Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingblade View Post
    From the Baltimore suburbs.....

Sprint Corporate store:

When I went in to ask about the Pre, the lead CSR told me that they were having a meeting THIS Saturday (May 29), at which point they would get the final word on the rollout. She said Sprint Corporate was waiting until then to finalize details. When I asked her what info she had so far, she took me over to a display case all done up for the Pre. Totally empty, except for a picture of a Pre under the glass. Haha.

On the upside, she gave me her business card, and took down my info for a callback after she got more info.

Best Buy:

A rather crabby looking guy told me they expected 7-10 Pre's in stock on the 6th, and told me I should be there early, but he didn't think there would be a line when the store opened.
    The CSR I talked to at the Sprint Store called back today! She said that they wouldn't be selling any Pre's on Friday, and that they were opening Saturday at their normal time, 10:00. However, she told me she could set me up with an appointment before the store opens, so I will be there 30 minutes before the store opens to pick up Pre's for myself and the wife. She said that picking up two Pre's wouldn't be a problem, since I am signing up for two lines and porting two numbers. And no waiting in line!
    My local Sprint (franchise, not corporate) store manager has told me twice that $199 out of pocket will the price and that her store will do that by giving INSTANT rebates. I asked her how she could do that and she said its because of they are a franchise not a corporate store. Pretty cool if it pans out, I hate mail in rebates.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Getting on the list worked for me (non corp Sprint store).
    Manager just called to setup my appt for Saturday morning to get my Pre.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/02/2009 at 03:30 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    So I stopped by the Sprint Studio store Downtown Kansas City, MO (supposed to be having a launch party) and was asking around about the Pre...rep told me the 6th, asked about a pre-order list and he told me yeah they are doing a list. I ask him how the list was going to work and he said they will take your name and on the 6th and give them to people on the list as long as they last....opening at 8am, etc.

He then takes my name, number, rebate eligibility on the back of a receipt and said he would call on the 5th to remind me. I mentioned I was a S|P but that didn't faze him.

I have zero faith that list means anything.
    Yo KCP, this is Iggy!!

I was at the downtown store on Monday and I asked them about a list. They said there isn't one. They said no special privileges for premiere customers either.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    A CSR at a store told me that they will give out as many "Pre cards" as they have stock to people in line and only the people that have the "cards" will be able to buy.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456