Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The lists can serve a purpose once they actually sell out of the units. Thats basically what the store I went to explained it. If you're there in the morning and they have units, you're getting one.

They're not saving them for anyone but at the store it was for future inventory that would be coming in.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    The lists can serve a purpose once they actually sell out of the units. Thats basically what the store I went to explained it. If you're there in the morning and they have units, you're getting one.

They're not saving them for anyone but at the store it was for future inventory that would be coming in.
    the rep i talked to took my info and told me to come on the 6th and ask for a specific person to help me set up my new line of service ( since they were only selling pres to new service agreements not current custimers) he said it was a guaranteed pre. I was on the phone with him for like 20 minutes. If it was a b.s. Rep im sure he wouldnt have cared to talk with me. I was put on hold like twice cuz he was busy with customers but he never hung up on me. I think it was legit. I think not all stores will work the sameway.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    wtf is sprint seriously doing? some stores taking names, some not.. this sounds like its going to be a fiasco.
    There may not be a corporate policy governing priority lists, but there's nothing to stop individual stores from doing so (unless corporate brings down the hammer). Some stores will adhere to a strict constructionist interpretation of the manual (I can only do what it says I can do), and others will do the exact opposite (well, it doesn't say I can't do that...).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Called my closest Sprint store today (not corporate, but premier? ) and asked if they would have any units for launch. I was explained by the owner that his store (1 branch of 3) will be getting as many as any corporate store because of the volume of sales they do. I was dubious and he asked me to swing by to "see" something and be put on a 'waiting list'. Being both confused and curious, I dropped by and introduced myself. He told me that every store (corporate) would be getting 10 to 12 units from what he knew. I remained doubtful until he produced a pre that he was given by sprint.. He let me play with it as a he dealt with the only other customer in the store.
    It was smaller than I expected, but everything else was pretty much as I had imagined. I spent all of 5 real minutes with it, trying the browser (quick) and opening and flipping off multiple applications after minimizing them to card view. Youtube was preloaded onto it. After he wrestled it away, I became much more attentive to what he had to say. I asked him about the list he was referring to and he said although sprint is not allwoing any type of list for the 6th, he was putting people on a "wait list" that he would use to order units Sat am with confirmed delivery by Tues.

I asked him how he was planning on handling the line Sat Am, and he said once he had a confirmed # of units, he would count up the people on line and tell anyone beyond that number that they wouldn't have a piece for them, avoiding any chaos.

I'm sure there are many aspects of this encounter that may not make sense (even to me), but all I can do is relay everything as it happened and what was said.
    This is from a great friend of mine...and was still very reluctant to tell me this. He said that Sprint will NOT be closing and re-opening on the 5th for pre "Pre" sales (which was the original plan). And when they do open on the 6th it will be for premier customers on the list. Until every person on the list is fulfilled they will not go on sale to the "public". Dont know if there is a time limit on this or not. If a "listed" person gets a Pre at another location, there name will come off of the list no matter what store their name is listed. If there are more people on the list than the number of Pre's they have....you do the math

So unless you are on this list it seems like going to a Sprint store will be a waste of time. Looks like I will be standing outside of BB, RS or WM.
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    this is getting tiresome...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    As a 'premier' customer I wouldn't mind if this is true but you'd think Sprint would want to get as many NEW customers as possible. Doesn't make sense and isn't likely.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I dont believe that, it makes no sense. They are not going to turn away customers!
    So Premier Customers are supposed to know to call in to a local store and get on a "list"? When are we supposed to know this? This is the most far fetched one I have read yet (no disrespect intended toward you are your friend - but this makes no sense).
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    This sounds like something Apple or AT&T might invent to discourage potential Sprint customers. It doesn't sound like anything Sprint would do.
    I'm calling B.S. on that one....
    I hear ya guys...my friend would not lie to me. I promise. Does that mean it's 100% true? ...no. I am just telling you what someone said that I trust
    There is no spoon
  13. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I went to my local store and was put on a list about a week ago. The salesman said he would call me as soon as he got more information. I thought to myself "Yeah, right. This guy sure's gonna give me a call"

At 10:35am I got a voicemail, and it was said salesman from the Sprint Store. He told me "Not opening at night on the 5th to sell, and I can't hold one for you, but we're opening at 7:30am on the 6th for people on the list. Only people on the list can come in (we'll call you in by name) until the store opens."

They actually called back. I'm quite surprised.
    Isn't part of the idea to get new customers to come to Sprint? If you show up, money in hand, ready to sign as a new customer with Sprint, do you really think they are going to say "yeah...uh...sorry, but you're not a premier customer yet, come back when all of those have their Pre" Talk about a first bad impression!
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Isn't part of the idea to get new customers to come to Sprint? If you show up, money in hand, ready to sign as a new customer with Sprint, do you really think they are going to say "yeah...uh...sorry, but you're not a premier customer yet, come back when all of those have their Pre" Talk about a first bad impression!
    Perhaps. I think it's good customer service to actually get a phone call and feel like they give a damn.
    to add to this i just wanted to say i called 3 stores in the San Antonio area just now:

1. They will sell the phone on June 6th only from 8am-8pm and they have no idea how many phones they will have.

2. They will sell the phone on June 6th only from 8am-8pm and they have no idea how many phones they will have.

3. Told me I had to go to sprint.com and find out when the information is available. I said umm ok well can you tell me if you're opening early on the launch day? She said no I can't because I could lose my job for releasing such information...

I laughed and hung up...this is getting way too ridiculous.
    And they told me they were opening at 8AM and no earlier which is sad I was hoping for a midnight launch. What did surprise me is they are an official Sprint store but they told me they aren't corporate so they don't do mail in rebates, they told me that the phone would be $199 for me the day I bought it.

On top of that I told the guy I wanted it, was moving off AT&T and how likely I was to get one. Of course he went into full commissions sales mode and told me he'd hold me one if I was going to pick it up, I reassured him by doing the credit check and paperwork for an account so that we had the minor stuff out of the way. So assuming he wants my money I should be able to hop in 8AM on Saturday pick my Pre up and be at work by 9:30 AM.

Any of you interested may want to check with your stores, sounds like they are all doing different things. The guy said I was the first to come in, I hope it's not all "I want your money so I'll say anything" garbage. If so they won't get my sale on the 6th nor will I be going back their. Here's hoping and good luck to you all getting your Pre's. So excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by pkirby11 View Post
    And they told me they were opening at 8AM and no earlier which is sad I was hoping for a midnight launch. What did surprise me is they are an official Sprint store but they told me they aren't corporate so they don't do mail in rebates, they told me that the phone would be $199 for me the day I bought it.

On top of that I told the guy I wanted it, was moving off AT&T and how likely I was to get one. Of course he went into full commissions sales mode and told me he'd hold me one if I was going to pick it up, I reassured him by doing the credit check and paperwork for an account so that we had the minor stuff out of the way. So assuming he wants my money I should be able to hop in 8AM on Saturday pick my Pre up and be at work by 9:30 AM.

Any of you interested may want to check with your stores, sounds like they are all doing different things. The guy said I was the first to come in, I hope it's not all "I want your money so I'll say anything" garbage. If so they won't get my sale on the 6th nor will I be going back their. Here's hoping and good luck to you all getting your Pre's. So excited!
    Oh man your risking a lot here... The rumors are, the Pre will ONLY be sold to corporate stores, bestbuy, walmart, and radioshack... So if they aren't corporate and you put all your eggs into one basket, you might miss out. I'd def call the day b4 and make sure 100% that they have it in stock.
    From the Baltimore suburbs.....

Sprint Corporate store:

When I went in to ask about the Pre, the lead CSR told me that they were having a meeting THIS Saturday (May 29), at which point they would get the final word on the rollout. She said Sprint Corporate was waiting until then to finalize details. When I asked her what info she had so far, she took me over to a display case all done up for the Pre. Totally empty, except for a picture of a Pre under the glass. Haha.

On the upside, she gave me her business card, and took down my info for a callback after she got more info.

Best Buy:

A rather crabby looking guy told me they expected 7-10 Pre's in stock on the 6th, and told me I should be there early, but he didn't think there would be a line when the store opened.
    I walked in and found whole section dedicated to the Palm Pre. I walked over to look and the stupid thing was empty! Anyway, the creepy sales guy came over to me to see what I wanted and I told him that I wanted to upgrade my account to the Everything Plan. I told him I took off work on Saturday the 6th so I could come get MY PREcious! I asked him what time they were opening on the 6th and he said he didn't know, but that I should stop by the store on the way home from work on Friday because they will have information then. It might just be wishful thinking, but I hope he was hinting to me that they will open from 6-midnight on Friday. If not at the least I will find out what time I have to get up on Saturday morning to get to the store. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast