Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ^^^ hmm my credit isn't the best, anyone know how much the deposits are if i gotta put one down?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i think the max is 150. i had to pay the max of course.

i went to the sprint store here and was told by the manager that they might not have any at launch
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Does anyone else have any info on Orange County CA area stores? I plan to do another round of calling this Friday but was wondering if anyone else in this area had any information.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Sprint kiosk in my local mall (Southern NJ) expects to get 20 units. I thought that number sounded high, but I thought I'd pass it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl58 View Post
    Sprint kiosk in my local mall (Southern NJ) expects to get 20 units. I thought that number sounded high, but I thought I'd pass it on.
    A kiosk is expected to get 20 units? I hope that speaks better for the number that the bigger stores receive.
    I just put my deposit down on 2 pre's. They said I'd get them for sure on the 6th. I hope that's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    I just put my deposit down on 2 pre's. They said I'd get them for sure on the 6th. I hope that's true.
    Sheesh, for someone using "Last Detail WD", you messed up on THAT post.

Where or with whom did you leave this deposit??
    So I stopped by the Sprint Studio store Downtown Kansas City, MO (supposed to be having a launch party) and was asking around about the Pre...rep told me the 6th, asked about a pre-order list and he told me yeah they are doing a list. I ask him how the list was going to work and he said they will take your name and on the 6th and give them to people on the list as long as they last....opening at 8am, etc.

He then takes my name, number, rebate eligibility on the back of a receipt and said he would call on the 5th to remind me. I mentioned I was a S|P but that didn't faze him.

I have zero faith that list means anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Hey, I got this real nice and shiny bridge for sale, and it's just for you!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    There are no list. People, just think about it. For example, we are standing in line to get the Pre. A line of let's say 20 people, most of whom camped out. I am number 9. I can tell you now that unless you are the reigning UFC champion, you are not going to stroll by me to get a Pre because of some supposed list. Now imagine these disputes at several Sprint Store's. Sprint does not want that kind of publicity. Aint gonna happen.
    I was told by three different salespeople in a store, and two phone associates that they are not taking any names for a list.

First come, first served.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    There are no list. People, just think about it. For example, we are standing in line to get the Pre. A line of let's say 20 people, most of whom camped out. I am number 9. I can tell you now that unless you are the reigning UFC champion, you are not going to stroll by me to get a Pre because of some supposed list. Now imagine these disputes at several Sprint Store's. Sprint does not want that kind of publicity. Aint gonna happen.
    I'm not sure anybody disagrees with you...the point of the thread is to post your experiences at wherever you ask about it.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    You are right KC, it's just crazy to hear Sprint Reps possibly even saying these things. Cause instead of thinking cool camping out for a Pre, you start thinking what kind of BS am I gonna have to put up with.
    I posted this last week, I called my local Sprint store and asked about a list, the woman said they had one but it didn't mean anything, they just said they did it to get people to shut up.
    That's why I'm lining up at 6 a.m.
    went to the sprint store in Richardson, TX today; rep told me that Sprint is going to pick certain stores to receive Pre's on the 5th, but they won't know if they're getting them until they get them :\
    wtf is sprint seriously doing? some stores taking names, some not.. this sounds like its going to be a fiasco.
    Looks like I'm going to be arriving at Best Buy early Saturday morning...

"So I stopped by" the Best Buy in Springfield, Oregon and when I entered the BB Mobile dept., I was approached by an employee. I asked her whether or not they are taking pre-orders and/or waiting lists for the Palm Pre. She smiled and told me no, they aren't, because they know their stock is going to be really limited at first. She said she has gotten a lot of calls about it. Another employee overheard her speaking with me and questioned what she was talking about. She said, "the Palm Pre" and he said, "yeah! Some people are saying their going to be camping out." She told me that she didn't know whether they actually would or not, but she has heard people here saying that they will. She told me that the best thing to do would be to arrive "fairly early". I asked her what time she'd suggest, and she said that they open at 10 and If she were me, she would arrive around 8ish. She said they will be handing out tickets to people in line. So, there's the scoop from Duck country.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I was told by three different salespeople in a store, and two phone associates that they are not taking any names for a list.

First come, first served.
    Of the dozen or so stores I called (I know... but working from home somedays really pays off ), a lot of them had lists earlier but eventually they all said the lists were done away with, mostly due to orders by their regional manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Looks like I'm going to be arriving at Best Buy early Saturday morning...
    [...]
    She told me that the best thing to do would be to arrive "fairly early". I asked her what time she'd suggest, and she said that they open at 10 and If she were me, she would arrive around 8ish. She said they will be handing out tickets to people in line. So, there's the scoop from Duck country.
    How is that any different from a Sprint store? In fact, your chances are that much better at Sprint, as their inventory will be larger than BBY's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    How is that any different from a Sprint store? In fact, your chances are that much better at Sprint, as their inventory will be larger than BBY's.
    I am going to Best Buy because of their straightforward pricing. As you probably know, the price you see at Best Buy is the price you get ($199.99). It will be $299.99 before mail-in-rebate at the Sprint store. And as a non-rich college kid, an extra hundred dollars in my pocket is good to have.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast