Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    A Sprint employee told me to get lost after asking him why he wouldn't sell me the Pre early.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/25/2009 at 12:28 AM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    I am on a list at 3 sprints and 2 best buys...I am only going to wake up at 8am...go buy a sprint store to see if there is a line...and then go to best buy and wait til the open.
    You're going to wake up at 8am and go buy a Sprint store? Hey save us some Pre's! Better yet, why don't you buy one now so you can get the word on all that sweet inside info!
    Anyhoo, the Sprint I called in Westminister CA:
    1) How many Sprints will you have at launch?
    - Don't know and even if I did I would not be authorized to tell you.
    2) Do you expect a line up and if so will you be handing out numbers?
    - Don't know this either but most likely as people DID line up for the Instinct.

That last one blew my mind, as I could not fathom people lining up for the Instinct. But it didn't blow my mind as much as finding out that sub150 is going to buy a Sprint Store! I didn't even know this was possible! lolololol...
    Last edited by deadpanwalking; 05/25/2009 at 07:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Haha, I fixed it. Sprint can't want too much for these stores anyway, especially after the Pre's are gone.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    all the store employees that will be getting a Pre will get them a week before launch AND that they will demo them for customers during that week. I was told that by a Sprint store employee today, in Morgan Hill, CA. YMMV.
    Don't take this as me refuting the story but my Sprint guy sure seemed bummed out that he couldn't get it for 3 months. Its possible policy has changed or he was just reading forums and not Sprint material about employee purchases
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    all the store employees that will be getting a Pre will get them a week before launch AND that they will demo them for customers during that week. I was told that by a Sprint store employee today, in Morgan Hill, CA. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Don't take this as me refuting the story but my Sprint guy sure seemed bummed out that he couldn't get it for 3 months. Its possible policy has changed or he was just reading forums and not Sprint material about employee purchases
    I think this was referring to the Pre Advocates in the stores, who should certainly get phones before the launch.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Dude, wtf.. do you not search? It's on the 1st page for cripes sake..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-one-spot.html

I didn't do a search any more than you restrained yourself from being rude.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Called a sprint store and got put on a list. The rep said he was going to a training event next week but then again he said that the OS is Linux...(he didnt say it was linux based he said it WAS linux) and that the screen used a completely different technology than any other phone. Guess hes never heard of the iphone.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I went in to my local store. They said all pre friday night events are canceled except in NY and California. Also, they said that they can't take names for a waiting list. FCFS.
    Did some shopping today and came across (finally) my local Sprint store, another radioshack and a BestBuy all in the same shopping center basically.

Questioned all three of them and here is what was said to me ...

Sprint Store
    -I know you probably answer this question all day long but when will you be selling the Pre?
    "June 6th"
    -So not the 5th?
    "June 6th"
    -Well are you going to have at least 10 or more units available to sell that day?
    (Smirking) "June 6th, we open at 10am)

Radioshack
    -Are you getting in the Palm Pre on June 6th?
    (Looking POed cleaning the mobile phone displays) "No, we never get a new handset on the release date"
    (This was my 2nd different radioshack visit, first one said they can't keep up with the calls about getting the phone but they said they were getting, "alot")

Bestbuy
    -Are you guys going to have the Pre on June 6th?
    "Yes, June 6th"
    -Why is it that you guys are offering the Pre at such a higher costs than most other places?
    "I have no idea, are you purchasing a phone today or not, we are very busy"

Hmmm maybe there sick of answering questions about it or maybe they just didnt want to be working on a holiday, either way it felt as if the Sprint rep was holding back on something, maybe lying about the release date ...
    Last edited by Impulsebuyer; 05/25/2009 at 07:09 PM.
    You would think that with jobs being so scarce these days, that people would be wise and bring back something we used to all love called "customer service." It's one of the factors that helped land Sprint in 3rd place and it's something that I think people should remember if they really want to keep earning a pay check. A little common courtesy goes a long way. I understand they answer those questions all day long, but dammit that's their job. If they don't like what they do then quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    You would think that with jobs being so scarce these days, that people would be wise and bring back something we used to all love called "customer service." It's one of the factors that helped land Sprint in 3rd place and it's something that I think people should remember if they really want to keep earning a pay check. A little common courtesy goes a long way. I understand they answer those questions all day long, but dammit that's their job. If they don't like what they do then quit.
    However, some of the reps that have "given in" to request for other information have found themselves looking for new jobs. I don't blame them for being tight-lipped...

Anyone that goes in to ask an employee about something when they know ahead of time that the employee answering could get them fired should be prepared or an "I know noothiiiiing" answer.
    ^ Sergeant Schultz
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Bestbuy

-Why is it that you guys are offering the Pre at such a higher costs than most other places?
    "I have no idea, are you purchasing a phone today or not, we are very busy"

Hmmm maybe there sick of answering questions about it or maybe they just didnt want to be working on a holiday, either way it felt as if the Sprint rep was holding back on something, maybe lying about the release date ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Why would you hassle a Best Buy floor employee for corporate reasons? They have absolutely no say in pricing so why bother? I'm a customer service type worker but I'd be ticked if you asked me that same question.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    my sprint store says "no waiting list" and "might be selling them on the 5th in the evening, not sure, waiting to hear from corporate".

Best Buy Mobile, has a list. I'm on it. But i'm not up for upgrade so i can't get it because it's $849! but i'll see if they'll price match sprint.
    The store next to my house told me 8am on the 6th is by invatation only and there is nothing happening on the 5th. I guess every store is different.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Mine keep telling me to "go on sprint.com" to find the list. Plus they won't be open til 10 on the 6th
    Stopped by the local Sprint store here in Toledo, OH today upgrade my wife's phone. She doesn't want a Pre, so she got the Rant. I kept trying to get the salesman to even acknowledge that one of the associates in the store had a Pre, and he kept telling me that nobody there had one.

The Rant also uses the mini USB charger, so I asked him if the same charger for the Rant could be used for the Pre so I could get away with only using one car charger between the two, and he went and asked another associate. I overheard the other associate tell my salesperson that he hasn't recieved the accesory pack for the phone yet so he hasn't been able to test them.

BUSTED!!!

Anyway, he told me the 5th was by invetation only, and the store would open at 8:00a.m. on the 6th for the general sale. When I asked how many the store was recieving, he said there would be plenty for sale......as long as the line wasn't that long. Never could get him to clarify that with a number.
    Quote Originally Posted by N1t0 View Post
    Called a sprint store and got put on a list. The rep said he was going to a training event next week but then again he said that the OS is Linux...(he didnt say it was linux based he said it WAS linux) and that the screen used a completely different technology than any other phone. Guess hes never heard of the iphone.
    No wonder he put your name on a list.
    After reading either here or on another thread about best buys offering a list to sign up and possible put a down payment on a guaranteed pre I tried calling the bb by me and was told they received an email specifically ordering them to not offer a signup sheet. I was told that they would most likely give out tickets once the doors open telling people when they should return so they dont have people waiting in the store.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Well I will add my experience....

I visited a local Sprint store today. Went by around 10:30am, store was empty. Explained to the rep that I was new to Sprint and I wanted to purchase the Pre. She said that it would be available on 6/6 at 8am when they opened.

I explained that I had read it should be in great demand and she agreed. She then said she would "hold one back for me". I made her promise at least twice and she then asked if I wanted to go ahead and check credit prior to the purchase. I agreed and she gave me a form to fill out.

Completed and handed back the form she looked it up made one call and said I was all set for 5 lines. Told me to bring the paper back the day of the Pre Launch and I would be good to go. By this time the store manager came up to the desk at the front of the store and looked at my info and asked I was going to buy the Pre.....told him yes. I asked him if he expected to have enough stock and that she said she would hold one for me and he explained "just be sure to be here early". I said I would and he said I should be fine to get one that day. I turned and asked her again "you are sure you will hold one back for me correct?" She promised for a 3rd time. Really not sure if they were shooting me straight or not, but I can only hope so.
    Brad
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast